[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's time for the

Dr. Sacrebleu

Right:

Westbrook - Would put up good enough numbers to be a regular #2 type RB starter. (Although he was hurt some, I think he's done a good job at being a #2 type RB)

Gates - Thought he would be a top 5 TE for sure, and picked him ahead of McMichael and Boo, both of who were rated higher by a lot of experts. Didn't think he'd be the best in the league, though.

C. Brown - Thought he'd have a breakout year, and he did, when healthy. This one is only slightly right though, and hinges on him coming back in time to get his 1000 yard season.

A. Johnson - Thought he'd make that next step up to a 1200 yard receiver. He's close, and I think he'll still do it.

R. Johnson - Thought he'd be solid, but pretty vanilla... figured he'd average about 10 points a game, and he has.

K. Barlow - Knew the S.F. running game was not something I wanted anything to do with. No way was this guy worth the picks people were using on him.

L. Coles - I couldn't believe this guy was rated as high as he was... I avoided drafting Washington players like the plague, and it worked out.

Wrong:

K. Winslow II - Thought he'd also be a top 5 TE. Maybe he'd have gotten there is not for injury.

M. Bulger - Thought this guy was a stiff... well, he's doing pretty well.

D. Foster - Thought this guy would have a breakout year... too bad he got hurt.

C. Rogers - Ditto here... I really wanted him but he was drafted right in front of me. Glad he was too...

Anyone else notice a consistent theme running through the stuff that phenom got wrong?

Gotta' keep your homerism at bay come draft night phenom - them Raiders just ain't that good!  :D  :D  :D

590537[/snapback]

I know. If I could have all those Jerry Porter and Wheatley picks I would have some much better teams................. B)

Right

Well Swerski punked like the punnanny that he is about 4 weeks ago when he thought Holmes was well on his way to getting the 20 TD's.  He didn't want to talk to me anymore; put me on the ignore list.

590500[/snapback]

You were WRONG, WRONG, WRONG about drafting Priest over LT. How does it feel to be WRONG, crybaby? :bawling: :D

You can dish it out but, boy, your nuts sure do shrivel up when it's thrown back in your face. You're a sad excuse for a man.

Edited by Bill Swerski

You were WRONG, WRONG, WRONG about drafting Priest over LT.  How does it feel to be WRONG, crybaby?  :bawling:  :D

You can dish it out but, boy, your nuts sure do shrivel up when it's thrown back in your face.  You're a sad excuse for a man.

591137[/snapback]

Aaaahh I love that you are coming back to this after a month when you think Tomlinson can catch up. You were running crying about you are going to put me on ignore.

As usual you try to attack me instead of forming an argument which is always the first indication of a weak POV. Anyway Tomlinson looks like crap right now on the field. Did you know that his yards per carry has been under 3 yards in 5 of of the last 7 games. Probably not. He's doing his best Eddie George impersonation right now. Like I said in preseason LT isn't going to get all those receptions if anyone else on the Chargers develops into a threat receiving and guess what he isn't. Without those recept's Tomlinson isn't the wonderback everyone makes him out to be. Certainly unworthy of being #1 and all those carries he's had may be catching up with him.

Priest could be back for the last 3 games of the year enough to destroy Tomlinson. You still in for the bet or are you punking out just like you did a month ago when you put me on ignore (for 15 minutes :D )....................

Aaaahh I love that you are coming back to this after a month when you think Tomlinson can catch up. 

591191[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with LT catching up. It has to do with winning fantasy leagues. And many owners who took Priest at #1 or #2 overall are completely screwed now that he'll be out until at least Week 15 (according to Vermeil). I don't care how talented a back or his OL is... no back who sits on the bench for FIVE straight weeks is worth a first-round pick. Oh, BTW, this isnt' the first time that Priest owners got screwed. I seem to remember another Priest injury sidelining him duirng everyone's fantasy league playoffs two years ago.

You're so wrong, it's pathetic.

RIGHT:

- was big on the Gates bandwagon and it paid off; I'm actually starting him in front of GONZO in a league these days

- made a bet with a buddy that D Jackson would outproduce K Robinson this year (yes, it's like being a tall midget but I was RIGHT, dammit)

- Culpepper would justify his spot in the top 3 QBs

WRONG

- expected C Johnson to be just a hair below Owens, Moss, Harrison

- paid a fat contract to S Smith in a salcap league; ouch (not necessarily saying that he WOULDN'T have produced, but an injury is an injury)

- thought J Porter would really step up in Oakland

- figured Suggs would run away with the Browns RB job

- in a keeper league, I handcuffed M Faulk with S Jackson, figuring Faulk would be his usual productive self until he eventually got injure about week 8, and Jackson would be a fine sub for a few weeks; wrong on both counts - Faulk was healthy and for the most part terrible

Needless to say, it's been a pretty long year.

May need Big Johns help on finding the link but about 4-5 weeks ago I started a thread which I belive I called."get ready for the explosion" Mr.Westbrook.In the post I stated how he was gonna start going off that week becasue I got tired af waiting for him and I traded him.Since that post he has about 4-5 tds and yardage as well..

Was very wrong about Santana Moss.Drafted him in the 3rd round..

May need Big Johns help on finding the link but about 4-5 weeks ago I started a thread which I belive I called."get ready for the explosion" Mr.Westbrook.In the post I stated how he was gonna start going off that week becasue I got tired af waiting for him and I traded him.Since that post he has about 4-5 tds and yardage as well..

Was very wrong about Santana Moss.Drafted him in the 3rd round..

592627[/snapback]

:DHere you go

I recall putting up a post where I thought Randy Hymes might be a nice sleeper pick;

He DID produce nicely for a 2-3 week stretch but faded back into the mists. I don't know if that one counts as "right" or "wrong."

Oh, and another wrong -

I figured Green Bay's WRs would be a 3 headed monster and inconsistent from week to week, negating any real value. In part due to Ferguson battling injuries all year but mostly due to Javon Walker really stepping up, Walker and Driver have been legit most of the season.

I haven't posted many well-researched topics. But there was one I put some effort into this summer: RBs with 370+ carries

Ricky Williams and Jamal Lewis were players to avoid.

Looking into the future for next season...

I'm going on the record now of saying - if Curtis Martin continues at his pace, and ends up with 376 attempts, he will be punish anybody foolish enough to make him a #1 pick next season.

I haven't posted many well-researched topics.  But there was one I put some effort into this summer: RBs with 370+ carries

Ricky Williams and Jamal Lewis were players to avoid.

Looking into the future for next season...

I'm going on the record now of saying - if Curtis Martin continues at his pace, and ends up with 376 attempts, he will be punish anybody foolish enough to make him a #1 pick next season.

593887[/snapback]

That topic was a GREAT one, Gak. Nice #s, great discussion; overall a :D across the board on it.