[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pennington to Play This Week

Kansas State 2000

Herman Edwards said QB Chad Pennington will start during Week 13. He was upgraded from questionable to probable for the game.

Edwards added that he knows Pennington will not be perfect after missing three weeks of action due to the strained right rotator cuff. Pennington, in a statement released by the team, said his shoulder is no longer a concern.

Edited by Kansas State 2000

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) _ Jets quarterback Chad Pennington will start Sunday against the Houston Texans after sitting out the last three games with a strained right rotator cuff.

Coach Herman Edwards made the move official Friday, though it comes as little surprise. Pennington was listed a questionable all week, but he practiced with the first-team offense and took the majority of snaps with the starters.

The biggest concern for Edwards was getting Pennington into game shape. Pennington has had no setbacks with his shoulder, and no pain or discomfort after three straight days of practice.

``I'm excited about playing with my teammates on Sunday,'' Pennington said in a statement. ``I feel confident that I can help the team compete. My shoulder is no longer a concern.''

Good news for one of my FF teams and for me as a Jets fan! This also helps CuMar, as the short passing game will again become something opposing D's have to worry about.

I have seen every Jets game this year. Believe me, the Jets are a MUCH better team with Pennington. He reads defenses very well, and changes plays at the line. This is one reason that Martin's rushing numbers went down with Pennington out. Pennington also has that leadership quality..... linemen just block better when he's the field general. Simms recently had an article at NFL.com on just that subject. Pennington is one of those guys that inspire those around him to play better.

You can believe that with him back, the O line will do everything they can to keep him protected, they just love the guy. No, his stats lines havent been very pretty, but he just knows how to win and get the best out of his team mates. As a Jets fan, I am stoked. :D

well, I think I'm gonna roll the bones & play him. My other option is Leftwich who didn't post very good numbers last week vs. the vikes.... and now the Steelers come to town who haven't allowed a 200 yard passer in weeks.

The Texans secondary is a freak'in sieve...... just gotta check the weather on Sunday.

590548[/snapback]

Sure, if you can call the most picks in the nfl (27) a sieve.

Yo, Mama.... check yer numbers.... here is the sieve info:

16 INT's, not 27.

Here is your 27 number.... TD's ALLOWED: 27 (passing) almost 2.5 PER game

252 pass yards allowed PER GAME.

Avg comp: 14 yards per

OPP completion %---65%

Yup, that Houston pass D is just plain awful, one of the four worst in the NFL in almost every category. Not to mention they have only 15 sacks on the year.

Look, Pennington has let me down fantasy wise this year too, but ..... get the facts straight. Yes, I'm starting him too, over Griese.

Edited for a typo.

Edited by Rovers

Why are they rushing him back to play the freakin' Texans?

590270[/snapback]

Well the Jets want to get Pennington in there against the Texans based on their terrible defense against the pass. The goal is to get Pennington in there to get some confidence back and in game shape. You don't want Chad taking a month off and then having to face the Pittsburgh Steeler defense in week 14. I think it's a great call to get Chad in there against a lesser defense...

Chad Pennington will start at QB for the Jets Sunday.

Great news for Pennington owners, but maybe not for Santana Moss owners. Moss has put up 46 fantasy points since Quincy Carter entered the Nov. 7 game, including his only two TDs of the season. He totaled just 26 points when Pennington was the QB. Dec. 4 - 8:41 am et

Source: New York Daily News

Well the Jets want to get Pennington in there against the Texans based on their terrible defense against the pass. The goal is to get Pennington in there to get some confidence back and in game shape. You don't want Chad taking a month off and then having to face the Pittsburgh Steeler defense in week 14.

590976[/snapback]

So, they're going to prepare Pennington for the tough Steelers secondary by playing him against an incredibly weak Texans secondary? Isn't that like preparing for a calculus test by studying basic algebra? :D

I fully expect Martin's number to improve now. One of Pennington's stregnths is making a read and audablizing (sp) at the line. If they put 8 in the box, he will call swings and screens to Martin, and challenge the defense short middle, where the saftey should be with slants to Chrebet. McCariens numbers should get better, while it probably hurts Moss as the deep threat, even though they say Pennington can still throw 50 yards, he does put alot of air under his long tosses, unlike Quincy Carter.

So, they're going to prepare Pennington for the tough Steelers secondary by playing him against an incredibly weak Texans secondary?  Isn't that like preparing for a calculus test by studying basic algebra?  :D

591147[/snapback]

Yeah so I guess with your philosophy teams should not practice either.. I mean that would be like like taking a Calc III test by studying simple addition. Your ignorance and stupid replies add nothing... I bid you adieu, fool.....

Edited by Piles