[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Edge get some Goal Line Love?

Big Score 1

Well, will Manning allow Edge get a TD THIS week?

Just one little 'ol TD is all us poor Edge owners are asking for. Just ONE!!! :D

Or is it the same 'ol same 'o and Manning proves to us once again, that he's just a Greed Bastage? :D

Just one little 'ol TD is all us poor Edge owners are asking for. Just ONE!!! :D

Or is it the same 'ol same 'o and Manning proves to us once again, that he's just a Greed Bastage? :D

590349[/snapback]

Manning isn't greedy. He is merely rewarding those wise enough to have him on his roster. Didn't you get the pre-season memo about that?

It looks like Dallas Clark will probably miss the game with a strained calf. Center Jeff Saturday and guard Tupe Peko will also probably not play. The Colts will be starting two rookie guards, for the third straight week, and guard Rick DeMulling will switch to center.

That being said, I haven't a *** clue if Edge will score. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Didn't you get the pre-season memo about that?

590391[/snapback]

Heck NO!

The Ball & Chain made me take the family to Mickey's place in Florida, when that memo came out. Then everybody kept mum on it until after I'd drafted and then they told me about the Double Top Secret Manning Manifesto.....

.......the Bastages :D

Edgerrin James vs. Tennessee

11/3/02 DNP (hamstring)

12/8/02 18 carries 70 yards; 4 receptions 25 yards

9/14/03 30 carries 120 yards 1 TD; 2 receptions 9 yards

12/7/03 28 carries 97 yards 2 TD; 2 receptions 13 yards

9/19/04 21 carries 124 yards 2 TD; 2 receptions 3 yards

The last three games vs. Tennessee Edge has had at least 21 carries, and a TD.

Yeah, poor Edge is only on pace for about 1,700 rushing yds this year.  :violin:

590473[/snapback]

With only 7 TD's....which in a TD heavy league ain't too good. :D

Shoulda took the Bus...way outperforming Edge and coulda got him 4 rounds later :bawling:

590349[/snapback]

Well, if last week is any indication....they are beating the opposition to a pulp and Manning is still slinging the ball for TDs while going in to the fourth quarter.

Give it up Edge fans, Manning is on a mission.

but other than when he calls an audible manning doesnt call his own plays.

How is that greed on mannings part.

590848[/snapback]

Uhhh....because Manning calls audibles on 90% of the plays maybe? :D

Here's a solution: Don't play in TD-heavy leagues, where luck carries more weight than intelligent drafting.

591163[/snapback]

Two tickets to a Football game...$80.00

Souviners...$50.00

Beer and food...$25.00

Swerski's advice...Priceless :D

590349[/snapback]

Nope. Go Peyton!

Uhhh....because Manning calls audibles on 90% of the plays maybe? :D

591154[/snapback]

When he calls an Audible it is based on the type of defense te other team is in. He is just taking what the defense gives him.

When he calls an Audible it is based on the type of defense te other team is in.  He is just taking what the defense gives him.

591188[/snapback]

Uh huh...and Peyton told you that so you know this for a fact do you? :D

Two tickets to a Football game...$80.00

Souviners...$50.00

Beer and food...$25.00

Swerski's advice...Priceless  :D

591174[/snapback]

If I had taken your advice, I would've drafted Portis in the first round. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Uh huh...and Peyton told you that so you know this for a fact do you?  :D

591198[/snapback]

Obviously not, but that is what EVERY good qb does. The bottom line is they are winning with what they are doing so until someone keeps them from scoring they will continute to do it. Why fix something that isnt broken.

I have to say this, enough with the Edge posts. Not trying to be rude, and believe me I have Edge and feel EVERYTHING like all other Edge owners do, but IT WILL NOT CHANGE. Peyton wants the record and will throw throw throw near the GL. Can't bench Egde because he's almost a lock for 100 yards and he can score at any time in that O. But we need to end this and get over it. If it's first and goal at the 1 Peyton WILL PASS and we need to deal with it. Our only hope is teams stop going for ANY play action fakes near the GL and realize Peyton passes EVERY time down there and sell out on the pass. I mean look what the Det LB's did on Thanksgiving. How can they bite THAT much on a play fake when Peyton ALWAYS passes near the GL. That's our only hope for some change, and that's not likely and even then Peyton still passes I bet.

Edited by giantsfan

"Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore said QB Peyton Manning is nearly as effective in poor, inclement weather as he has been in ideal conditions. Moore says Manning won’t operate a more run-based attack in December and January unless a team’s defensive approach prompts the switch. "

PFW

For the love of Mike, I figured we'd at least get a little more Edge Lovin' once the crappy weather set in. From what the O Coach says, that doesn't appear to be likely. :D:D :violin: :bawling: