[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest news ....

pedroz13

Carl Peterson was on Sirius NFL in an interview . He is President / GM of KC . They asked all sorts of questions , and one was involving Priest. From what he said , he said he expected Priest to miss AT MOST two weeks from now, and that they will have him back.

That would mean Weeks 15 and 16 ( most FF playoffs ). I would say it might be worth trading for Priest down the stretch, worth the gamble I think. I'm sure Priest owners are willing to dump him now .

Obviously no link ....this is from Sirius Radio.

I don't see what purpose that would serve for either the Chiefs or Holmes. Chiefs are out of the play-offs. Priest is banged up. Shut him down for the year and hope he does not retire. The only reason he would come back is for us fantasy football players. . .

I don't see what purpose that would serve for either the Chiefs or Holmes.  Chiefs are out of the play-offs.  Priest is banged up.  Shut him down for the year and hope he does not retire.  The only reason he would come back is for us fantasy football players. . .

590471[/snapback]

Well, he does seem to love us. If they did shut him down, he would have some really fresh legs going into next season. If they do, I hope the Chiefs decide on ONE running back to play. But "King" Carl rules that franchise, and he usually gets what he wants.

It's a love hate thing with Priest Owners! You love the points he brings to the table when healthy but you hate him the second he is injured!

590640[/snapback]

I had Priest 2 years ago when he got hurt week 15 & missed week 16. I lost in our SB week 16. I didn't hate him for getting hurt....come on. I felt bad for him & wished he would've been in my week 16 lineup. I still love watching him play, great player!

It annoys me hearing FF geeks saying they hate players when they are hurt. Like players enjoy being injured & do so just to screw your fantasy team :D

I don't see what purpose that would serve for either the Chiefs or Holmes.  Chiefs are out of the play-offs.  Priest is banged up.  Shut him down for the year and hope he does not retire.  The only reason he would come back is for us fantasy football players. . .

590471[/snapback]

You mean other than earning his paycheck?

Besides having the competitive spirit to want to help your team.

There is a lot more to football than the fantasy side...........

He loves the game.  He wants to play, he wants to win.  What more purpose does he need?

590654[/snapback]

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! The love of the game lives.

It's not money, he's got that. It's playing the GAME for the love of the GAME.

I hope Priest is able to play for that reason, even if it's against the Jellies.

You mean other than earning his paycheck?

Besides having the competitive spirit to want to help your team.

There is a lot more to football than the fantasy side...........

590851[/snapback]

He gets paid whether or not he actually plays.

From Priest's point of view, if his knee is not 100% healed, why come back?

From the Chief's point of view, why put the extra wear and tear on an "old" running back? Why not sit him out, and get a better draft pick? Why not find out what you have in Derrick Blaylock and Larry Johnson?

He gets paid whether or not he actually plays.

591020[/snapback]

That's the type of reply you expect from the typical selfish athlete. We know he gets paid whether he plays or not.

Perhaps he would like to EARN it by actually getting on the field and playing.............

I think PH would also like to get above 1000yds rushing again (he is only 108yds away)... Also, he's relatively close to 100 career TDs (he currently has 87 total TDs...80 rushing, 7 receiving).

Maybe, in addition to his desire to play, win and earn his paycheck, he's also thinking about his chances to get to the HOF?

Edited by muck

Carl Peterson was on Sirius NFL in an interview .  He is President / GM of KC .  They asked all sorts of questions , and one was involving Priest.  From what he said , he said he expected Priest to miss AT MOST two weeks from now, and that they will have him back. 

590436[/snapback]

As of Tuesday, Vermeil said that he'll be out AT LEAST two more weeks. From Fanball...

Nov 30, 2004 12:25AM ET

Holmes out another week

THE NEWS

Priest Holmes will miss his fourth straight game on Sunday. "Priest continues to make progress, but I think he's at least two weeks away. He won't be ready for this week," head coach Dick Vermeil told the Associated Press. "He goes through a rehab program and a treatment program. But there's not a lot of things you can put magic salve on. It's just normal routine that almost everybody in the country uses in regard to that. Tomorrow, I understand, he'll start in a limited running program." Holmes has not played since week nine because of a strained right knee.

OUR VIEW

The bad news keeps coming for Holmes' owners. He is out this week and Dick Vermeil doesn't sound terribly confident he will be back next week. Derrick Blaylock and Larry Johnson spilt time in the Chiefs' backfield on Sunday, but Vermeil has not yet commented on how he will distribute the carries this week. Blaylock has been the team's most productive back since Holmes got hurt, running for 301 yards and three touchdowns in the last three games.

Maybe, in addition to his desire to play, win and earn his paycheck, he's also thinking about his chances to get to the HOF?

591418[/snapback]

No way that Priest gets into Canton. Despite what he's done over the past 3 1/2 years, he did very little before that.

No way that Priest gets into Canton.  Despite what he's done over the past 3 1/2 years, he did very little before that.

591643[/snapback]

Swerski...I'm not disagreeing w/ you that he did little before he got to KC (other than one 1000yd season w/ Baltimore)...

I'm just saying that if he comes back to get 108yds rushing and a TD that it will enhance his resume...and, if he decides to play for two more years, there is a VERY good chance he ends up w/ 10,000+ yds rushing and 100+ rushing TDs... And, being able to tack on 4+ 1000yd seasons, 4 consecutive seasons of 15+ rushing TDs, etc. would improve his chances.

That's all I was saying. I am not saying he should be a HOF'er right now. Just that he may be thinking about his 'legacy'...that's all. Then again, he may not be thinking about it at all...

PS - His dad is still in Iraq...and, I'd bet that he'd like to get on the field again, if only for his dad...because its the only way his dad gets to see him...and we all know the stories about him and his dad.

PPS - You tend to jump to conclusions and its a bit tiresome...

Swerski...I'm not disagreeing w/ you that he did little before he got to KC (other than one 1000yd season w/ Baltimore)...

I'm just saying that if he comes back to get 108yds rushing and a TD that it will enhance his resume...and, if he decides to play for two more years, there is a VERY good chance he ends up w/ 10,000+ yds rushing and 100+ rushing TDs...  And, being able to tack on 4+ 1000yd seasons, 4 consecutive seasons of 15+ rushing TDs, etc. would improve his chances.

591791[/snapback]

(1) I don't think that he'll be able to play for two more years. And even if he can, certainly not at as high a level as he has been. Age and the cumulative effect of multiple knee injuries will preclude that.

(2) Much of Priest's success can be attributed to KC's O-line, who would have to play at an extremely high level for another two years. And it's not like Willie Roaf and Will Shields are in the prime of their careers anymore.

(3) As incredible as Priest's TD stats have been over the past three years, he's only won one rushing title (with a mediocre 1555 yds), he's never rushed for more than 1615 yds, and he's never won a playoff game as a starter. While that latter point is not necessarily his fault, HOF voters do take conference titles and SB victories into account.

PPS - You tend to jump to conclusions and its a bit tiresome...

What? Give me an example of how I jump to conclusions.

(3) As incredible as Priest's TD stats have been over the past three years, he's only won one rushing title (with a mediocre 1555 yds), he's never rushed for more than 1615 yds,

591806[/snapback]

Dammit there goes Marshall Faulk or Curtis Martin getting in the Hall.

But at least Jerome Bettis will make it. He never lead the league in but at least he got over the sacred 1615 yard mark..............

Dammit there goes Marshall Faulk or Curtis Martin getting in the Hall.

But at least Jerome Bettis will make it.  He never lead the league in but at least he got over the sacred 1615 yard mark..............

591961[/snapback]

You're criminally stupid.

I agree with Muck and Swerski. As it stands now, Priest will not get into the HOF because he hasnt put up the big numbers over the course of several seasons as is required. If he can come back and play a couple more years with numbers similar to what we have seen over the past 2 or 3 years, he will get in. But I seriously doubt that he will be able to duplicate the past few years numbers over the next two years, because of a number of factors.