[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How would you handle this?

MrTed46

Money League, I am not the comish.

Ill try to be very clear.

Team A and Team B are best friends.

Team A is out of the playoffs, Team B is fighting for the 4th spot (fighting me actually)

Team A plays Team B

Team A puts in his WORST players!! Other weeks he does not.

What would you guys do?

Team A claims he has a "gut" feeling. =(

One thing is certain I am not in this league next year! But I want to hear your advice on what you would do.

Edited by MrTed46

Money League, I am not the comish.

Ill try to be very clear.

Team A and Team B are best friends.

Team A is out of the playoffs, Team B is fighting for the 4th spot (fighting me actually)

Team A plays Team B

Team A puts in his WORST players!! Other weeks he does not.

What would you guys do?

Team A claims he has a "gut" feeling. =(

One thing is certain I am not in this league next year! But I want to hear your advice on what you would do.

590659[/snapback]

Could you post Team A's starters and bench guys?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

This reeks of collusion for intentionally "tanking" ones lineup.

My first choice as a commish would be to disqualify both from the playoffs, but since the commish seems to think nothing is wrong, nothing is likely to happen.

If there are no rules concerning "tanking" your lineup, that may have to stand, but kick out those 2 next season, or leave the league yourself if it allows those fishy action to continue.

That is completely bogus. Complain to the Commish again, and make the problem known to other owners. I would pitch a royal fit. Either boot those two next year, or leave the league. Bush league.

As a commissioner myself, I would never let that crap happen. Those two teams would be STRONGLY warned. They would have to change their line-up. If they tried anything like it again, I would kick them out of the league.

Edited by CaptainHook

Team A Has

Culpepper

C Palmer *

Blaylock*

Amos Zereoue*

W Dunn

Ahman Green

Rod Gardner*

Eric Moulds*

M Muhammed

Stokley

Dilger*

D Akers*

Jag D*

Lions D

* = start

590669[/snapback]

Starting the rookie Palmer at Baltimore over Culpepper? :D Starting Moulds against the tough Miami secondary over Muhammed who is playing the Saints...they have the worst defense in the league? Starting Gardner over Stokley? B) Zereoue against the Chiefs is a good matchup, but Fargus and Crockett will probably get carries. A. Green is starting. I know he's dinged, but the Philly run D is bad and Green is a stud. :D

You could make a case for Blaylock, Dilger, Akers and the Jags D. That's about it.

I think you're right. Your commish is fool if he can't see this or he's buddy-buddy with the owners of Team A and Team B. It looks like the Team A owner is weakening his team just enough to give his opponent the win. Nobody with half a brain benches Culpepper for Palmer at Baltimore. A "gut feeling" on that? Oh, puh-leeeasseee!!! :D:D

This is collusion, plain and simple. I don't blame you for being angry. You said you're not going to be in this league next year, and I wouldn't either. Have the other owners seen Team A's lineup? If the Commish won't step in, I don't know what else you can do besides demand your money back and walk. I despise people who cheat at fantasy football!!!

:hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Whats worst is the I am the only 1 making a stink about it.

Everyone else is like "its his team blah blah blah"

It is purely unbelievable...

Sad part is we all kinda know each other 2. Its not like I am playing with strangers...and this is a big money league also =(

Thanx for letting me vent out guys!

Whats worst is the I am the only 1 making a stink about it.

Everyone else is like "its his team blah blah blah"

It is purely unbelievable...

Sad part is we all kinda know each other 2. Its not like I am playing with strangers...and this is a big money league also =(

Thanx for letting me vent out guys!

590709[/snapback]

It appears the best you can do is pitch a ***...and...you can hope the whole thing backfires and Team B's players tank enough to let Team A win. :D

You are getting scewed, plain and simple. The fact that others have taken a seat on the bench says you also need new frends. That bites. Send these jerks a link to this thread. It won't help, but they will know why you left the league..... they suck.

Hard for me to imagine others pulling this kind of crap. This would never happen in the leagues I play with Huddlers. Would never happen in our home league either. We're all good friends, some better than others, but noone would ever tank a game for another team. Our owners would rather win & then blow the other one s h i t the whole offseason.

You're playing with spineless pukes.

I am commish of two leagues.

I have seen many of these posts.

Finally, this is, IMO, clear evidence of collusion.

Put bluntly, your commish sucks. The guy with the bogus line-up sucks. Your league sucks. You must leave at the end of the season.

Starting the rookie Palmer at Baltimore over Culpepper?  :D  Starting Moulds against the tough Miami secondary over Muhammed who is playing the Saints...they have the worst defense in the league?  Starting Gardner over Stokley?  B) Zereoue against the Chiefs is a good matchup, but Fargus and Crockett will probably get carries.  A. Green is starting.  I know he's dinged, but the Philly run D is bad and Green is a stud.  :D 

You could make a case for Blaylock, Dilger, Akers and the Jags D.  That's about it.

I think you're right.  Your commish is fool if he can't see this or he's buddy-buddy with the owners of Team A and Team B.  It looks like the Team A owner is weakening his team just enough to give his opponent the win.  Nobody with half a brain benches Culpepper for Palmer at Baltimore.  A "gut feeling" on that?  Oh, puh-leeeasseee!!!  :D    :D

This is collusion, plain and simple.  I don't blame you for being angry.  You said you're not going to be in this league next year, and I wouldn't either.  Have the other owners seen Team A's lineup?  If the Commish won't step in, I don't know what else you can do besides demand your money back and walk.  I despise people who cheat at fantasy football!!!

:hoppingmad:  :hoppingmad:  :hoppingmad:

590680[/snapback]

This is the response you need to e-mail to everybody in the league. A "savvy outsider", telling the league how this is wrong. E-mail this, then ask each to respond with their argument why this lineup is OK. And do not allow any non-responses. E-mail em again and again. And copy everybody else on every e-mail.

At least make them all take a stand that this sheet is OK with them.

Good luck, dealing with wimps.

Im going to be looking to join a new league next year thats for sure!

This is my 1st yr joinin my friends league and my last!

Are there any good online leagues I can join. I know some1 mentioned with huddlers.

Thanx for your support I emailed every1 this Forum Thread.

Your Commish is a horror show.I thought this was gonna be another borderline thread but looking at the lineups its a joke and the fact that the other owners are being so hohum about it must make you so steamed..Its a crock.Id call out the whole league and make the biggest stink possible..I hope that team that is tanking lineup shows up big time and this bogus plan backfires..Good Luck..

Im going to be looking to join a new league next year thats for sure!

This is my 1st yr joinin my friends league and my last!

Are there any good online leagues I can join. I know some1 mentioned with huddlers.

Thanx for your support I emailed every1 this Forum Thread.

590806[/snapback]

Just be around here in the offseason & well before next season starts and there will be huddlers looking for owners to join existing leagues & huddlers starting up new leagues. You should be able to find one to join. Leagues with other huddlers are great, the chances of you running into a situation like you have here will be slim.

Just be around here in the offseason & well before next season starts and there will be huddlers looking for owners to join existing leagues & huddlers starting up new leagues.  You should be able to find one to join.  Leagues with other huddlers are great, the chances of you running into a situation like you have here will be slim.

590867[/snapback]

My 1st year huddling and I will NEVER stop.

This place rules...cant wait for next yr.

Ill keep you guys posted. I hope his bogus lineup blows up

I agree with everyone else. I would definately keep pushing this issue with the commish of your league along with everyone else in this league. For me personally I would never tank a line up even if i was in last place. Self Pride would be enough motivation for most but the others in your league apparently lack that. If the commish let's that stand and seriously thinks that is legit he needs to be :D . I hope this backfires and you end up getting in the playoffs and you take al the $$$ and then run as far from that league as you possible can.

I have been a commish for years and never have seen anything quite like that. The only thing he could have done that is more obvious than that is bench his entire team.

Good luck!!

I agree with everyone else, but I would take it one step further. I would be calling out team B on the message boards or with emails to the whole league. Team B is a Rosie O'Donnell for even asking/letting team A do this. I am out of the playoff race in 1 league and NO WAY would I ever tank a lineup to let a friend in the playoffs. If I can't make it, then I at least want to knock my friends out so I can talk *** to them in the off season. None of my friends in any league would ever ask or offer to tank a lineup for anybody else. Why even play if you are going to cheat? :D

Starting the rookie Palmer at Baltimore over Culpepper?  :D  Starting Moulds against the tough Miami secondary over Muhammed who is playing the Saints...they have the worst defense in the league?  Starting Gardner over Stokley?  :D Zereoue against the Chiefs is a good matchup, but Fargus and Crockett will probably get carries.  A. Green is starting.  I know he's dinged, but the Philly run D is bad and Green is a stud.  B) 

590680[/snapback]

And the owner says this is due to "his gut feel"? If the owner's gut feels like that, rush him to the hospital -- I think he might have a potentially fatal case of gasteroenteritis ... and the one he's gonna kill is you!!! :D

As for the commish, he's a hose if he buys the matchups. Yep -- Palmer had one good week ... AGAINST CLEVELAND!!! Granted, the Browns are an average pass defense, but Baltimore is ranked as the third best -- and the option is Culp, not some Chicago retread or Arizona newbie ... Matchup. Right. :D

What do you do? Flood their inboxes and those of other owners with the replies you get here ... one message at a time. Maybe you'll shame one of them into dropping the collusion attempt and playing ball. If not, well, pee on his couch the next time you're over to his house.

This is the response you need to e-mail to everybody in the league. A "savvy outsider", telling the league how this is wrong. E-mail this, then ask each to respond with their argument why this lineup is OK. And do not allow any non-responses. E-mail em again and again. And copy everybody else on every e-mail.

At least make them all take a stand that this sheet is OK with them.

Good luck, dealing with wimps.

590777[/snapback]

Totally agree. Total Bush league.

There also needs to be a new commish next year...or some rule changes. Friends or no Friends this is Fantasy Football. No matter how much I hate one guy or like my best friend I would never tank a game....even if I had no chance at the playoffs.

Sorry man, Good Luck, tell us how it turns out.

got to ask how much money is involved.

I think you have made your point (correctly) to all involved that this is complete bullsheet. Now if it is a modest amount of money you stew in your own anger, let it go, and hope for the best. If it is a large amount of money you keep on beatching until the collusion is called out. YOU will unfortunately be called the A-hole of the lot for being such a whiny beeatch (even though you are 100% right).

The big problem is if Palmer actually ends up outscoring Culpepper, you are in biiiiig trouble.

Best of luck.

let us know how it turns out.