[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFTOC- Is everybody gonna play S. Jackson?

cantgetright

I know no one will give away their lineups/strategy but, It makes for a hard decision. It is a total gift to the people who planned poorly and wasted all their studs early and now a could be stud falls right into their laps against a terrible defense in what should be a blow out where he is carrying the ball late to preserve the lead.

All that said I'm not playing his ass and hope he burns everyone that uses him or am I lying? Hell I don't know what to do.... I've put together about 200 different lineups and still I'm not comfortable.... *** this is fun!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am one short of 12 stud RB's for the playoffs. This opens a slot for me to shuffle the others around, and it's hard to pass on. I have not made a decision yet, but .........

590759[/snapback]

I would imagine atleast half play him.

3 ways to make out swim , tread water or sink.

The RB spot is not one that I am worried about. I actually have a few more RB's than I am going to end up playing. No they are not all "studs" but they all have good matchups on the weeks that I have them slotted to play.

I've not really given S. Jackson a real good thought but at this point I guess it's time to see if any of my week 13 RB's, (a very good week thirteen week for RB's, IMO) will be better to save and use later.

I wish a stud WR or two would pop up for me.

Jackson over T Jones or Westbrook, is the sort of thing I am hedging on.... good backs, but which to play.... but that is the whole point, isnt it? I have some decent backup types, like the aforementioned, but Jackson is very appealing this week.

Ps: for those who have Manning left, which week do you play him? This is a non-question, because I don't expect any answers..... but I figure week 14 or 15 for Manning hoarders.

Edited by Rovers

Maybe, maybe not. :D

The biggest problem with the FFTOC that I have is that one cannot run things by the Huddle Masses just to get more insight. There is a lot of knowledge here but, unfortunately, a lot of that knowledge is playing against me in the FFTOC and that sure does hinder any discussion on who best to start of those I have left to play. However, I have made it this far on my own... so guess I will keep on keepin' on.

Maybe, maybe not. :D

The biggest problem with the FFTOC that I have is that one cannot run things by the Huddle Masses just to get more insight. There is a lot of knowledge here but, unfortunately, a lot of that knowledge is playing against me in the FFTOC and that sure does hinder any discussion on who best to start of those I have left to play. However, I have made it this far on my own... so guess I will keep on keepin' on.

591000[/snapback]

yeah..........no help from me, sucka! :D i have 10,000 reasons why

Jackson over T Jones or Westbrook, is the sort of thing I am hedging on.... good backs, but which to play.... but that is the whole point, isnt it? I have some decent backup types, like the aforementioned, but Jackson is very appealing this week.

Ps: for those who have Manning left, which week do you play him? This is a non-question, because I don't expect any answers..... but I figure week 14 or 15 for Manning hoarders.

590863[/snapback]

Jackson is an interesting play this week. I have plenty of top RBs left so I don't need to play him but should I to keep pace with the rest of the field?

When do I play Manning/Harrison :D

Jackson is an interesting play this week.  I have plenty of top RBs left so I don't need to play him but should I to keep pace with the rest of the field?

My problem exactly. I've got S.Alexander, LT, Priest, Ahman,Jamal L., Deuce Mc., CuMART, Portis.

That was gonna be my eight and had Chris Brown, Ju. Jones for insurance against injuries but, this has thrown a wrinkle in my plan.....

Not sure what I will do.

My problem exactly. I've got S.Alexander, LT, Priest, Ahman,Jamal L., Deuce Mc., CuMART, Portis.

That was gonna be my eight and had Chris Brown, Ju. Jones for insurance against injuries but, this has thrown a wrinkle in my plan.....

Not sure what I will do.

591617[/snapback]

I'd go with Priest and Jamal - excellent matchups for you.

I think I'll tip my hand and let it out that as of right now I do have Jackson in my lineup.

I don't really really have a pressing need to play him but looking at who I have slotted and when I have them, I think I'm going to pull one of my 13's and save them.

Go Jackson!

Like the others,  why the hell would I tell you who I was starting and when.  :D

592591[/snapback]

For me, it makes no difference whatsoever who others may be starting. While we may share a large number of the same players each of us has left, the only thing I need to worry about is picking the best matchups available for the players that I still have left to play.

I don't think it's a big deal to tell others who I might be playing either. I think I'm smarter than the rest of you. The rest of you think you are smarter than me. Luck probably has more to do with it at this point, but I doubt anyone would change who they want to play in a given week based on my lineup plans. It's all about getting the most points from the players a manager has left. I'm not about to change my planned lineups because someone else is or isn't starting Jackson this week.

Would I rather start Jackson this week, over starting Westbrook or T Jones in week 15? The answer is yes, I think the upside is there. This allows me to move Martin to week 15, and keep those two RB's in reserve. How many managers have these 3 RB's left to work with anyway? How many had an RB problem in week 15 like I did?

On the other hand, I am playing a big gamble in week 14, and I wouldn't divulge what that stategy is. I think if one is to have a shot at the top prize, some amount of gambling is needed at this point. Being conservative is a sure way to finish in the pack, while it did work well in the regular season in terms of making the playoffs.

Rovers - I'm right in line with your trend of thought. I'll bet that a ton of us sat down and crunched all the numbers to try to plug in our remaining guys at the right time. I'm worried that we are probably going to be plugging in a lot of the same players in the exact same weeks.

For that reason I am trying to shuffle things just a little from what I originally planned as I think that coming up with what I came up with is just to easy for anyone that plays fantasy football for real.

Yes week 14 was a bit of a pain for the RB's but I came up with what I like for that week and once again based on you saying what you just did I suspect that you and I will be a least half on the same page.

This thing is going to be won, IMO, by someone having to play someone like a Billy Volek and Hines Ward this week. Or maybe it will come down to the fluke TE that goes off for three TD’s that seals the deal.

I think we are going to have to think a tiny bit outside the box otherwise there will be about 15 points separating 1 from 200 come week 16.

I agree with you guys, I'm not gonna give away my whole startegy but, I'll throw some *** on the wall and see what sticks. For he most part we already have set our line-ups for the next 4 weeks and I'm not changing it because of what someone else is doing. Jackson opens up a slot for me in case some injured players don't come back. This is really, really fun.....I can't wait until 1 o'clock so I can see all you Oprahers line-ups. Good Luck everyone, I hope one of us wins it(aslong asit me LOL)

I think we are going to have to think a tiny bit outside the box otherwise there will be about 15 points separating 1 from 200 come week 16.

592655[/snapback]

Guarantee this is the way it will have to be. Someone is playing a gamble and if it pays off they will be in a very nice position.

I would say that most of the 200 left have pretty much the same people available to play. Picking the right time, and picking a player outside the norm at the right time, is what wins it.

...Now, where did I place that post-it with that super-duper-this-is-the-week-sleeper's name? :D

I did't like all the last minute reports I read on Jackson, and I benched him. It sounds to me like Faulk may play a whole lot more than Martz made it sound.

As far as taking gambles, I'm banking on the Panther-Saints game to be a high scoring affair. I know most people still have Delhomme available, but how many also have Muhammed and Colbert? I started all three, along with McAllister. I can only hope my hunch is right and Delhomme really lights it up today.

Good luck, Huddlers!

I did't like all the last minute reports I read on Jackson, and I benched him. It sounds to me like Faulk may play a whole lot more than Martz made it sound.

As far as taking gambles, I'm banking on the Panther-Saints game to be a high scoring affair. I know most people still have Delhomme available, but how many also have Muhammed and Colbert? I started all three, along with McAllister. I can only hope my hunch is right and Delhomme really lights it up today.

Good luck, Huddlers!

593892[/snapback]

I already used Delhomme or he may have been a stong consideration this week.

I did use Mcallister and Muhammad. I was going to use Goings but changed to Jackson.

Good luck to all my Huddle brethren.