[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS Spreadsheet!

rhino

Hey all!

I'll check back here in the early evening to late evening hours on Saturday, 12/4. Feel free to leave your email address here, and I'll send a copy of my WDIS spreadsheet to ya'. Some of y'all are familiar with the pre-season WTD Avg Projections sp-sheet. This somewhat similar, but used during the season instead of just the draft. There's a couple holes here and there, but for the most part, this thing works pretty well. I've used it for several years now.

Here's a quick description of the tabs included:

1. NFL Schedule 2004 -- Simply contains the schedule, in grid format. Used for lookup purposes only. No input needed here.

2. Byes -- Simply a lookup tab. No input needed here.

3. Defense Allows -- This is where it begins to get fun. This tab includes a grid, copied from the Huddle, which contains the Average Stats a NFL Team is giving up for each position. INPUT REQUIRED : Must copy this information from the huddle after each week is played, and then change "NO" to "NOR" in the grid.

Also... this tab includes a place for you to enter your league name and scoring rules. It then computes, per team and per position, what POINTS each NFL team is giving up per position. There's enough room to do this for 8 leagues. INPUT REQUIRED : Name of league and your scoring rules. Repeat each time for each league, up to 8 leagues.

4. My Drafted Teams -- Only used for historical purposes. Who did I draft in what position. Not used in any computations.

5. My Scores and Records -- A simple sheet to get a quick look of how you did each week. INPUT REQUIRED : Each week, enter the scores of your games, for each week. League name here does NOT have to match league names you entered elsewhere.

6. Player Matchups -- A sheet that you can enter a player's team, and it will show the Ease of Schedule, based on information you entered on the "Defense Allows" tab. Green indicates "easy", Red indicates "hard", white indicates "medium", and black indicates "bye". You can also define what is considered easy. I have it set to teams ranking in the 22-32 range. You can easily change that from 20-32, or whatever. Same thing for the "hard" definitions. INPUT REQUIRED : League Name (must match spelling of league name on Defense Allows tab), player's name (not really used), and Team Name (used heavily to determine schedule and EOS).

7. Projections -- This is copied from the Huddle's Weekly Projections (DMD's), in columns B-F. Then, this data is automatically reconfigured in columns H-T, used for lookups in a later tab. INPUT REQUIRED : Must copy DMD's Projections over (and correct the few abbreviations [example : V. Testaverde must be updated to Vinny Testaverde]).

8. Start Bench -- This is copied from the Huddle's Start/Bench List (WW's), in the "white columns", and then is reformatted in the "yellow columns". WW's S1, S2, U, X, and B are converted to Tiers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 -- only because I forget what a U, and X, and a B are supposed to represent. INPUT REQUIRED : Must copy WW's Start/Bench List over (1-pager), position by position. Must also clean up an occassional "trailing spaces" on some of the players' names (white columns).

9. PFS Ranks -- This is copied from the free site profantasysports.com. On Wed's they put out a "Player Cheat Sheets -- Week xx". INPUT REQUIRED : Must copy over the weekly updates from profantasysports.com, and paste in the "white columns". The data is reformatted in the "yellow columns", to be used later. In the DEFS, one must also type in the team's abbreviation. Similar to the huddle's, but better. Arizona = ARZ, and New Orleans = NOR.

10. Curr Rosters -- The reason we do this thing -- Who Do I Start (WDIS)! This tab has room to enter up to 8 teams (your teams from different leagues). You input your team's roster, and it provides a quick overview of the (a) matchup; (b ) matchup's ranking for that position (from Defense Allows tab); © matchup's average points given up for that position, based on your team's scoring rules (from Defense Allows tab); (d) DMD's projections (from Projections tab); (e) Points expected to score, based on DMD's projections and the scoring rules entered on this tab; (f) Tier, based on WW's Start/Bench list; and (g) PFS's weekly player ranking. INPUT REQUIRED : Player's name (last, first -- except for PK which is first last [to match what the huddle does -- I don't know why]), and Player's team. Also, must re-enter your league's scoring rules in this tab -- I know, I know -- here's room for improvement to be automatically copied from the Defense Allows tab. Also, must enter the "Week" in cell B1. This copies the player's matchup information from the NFL Schedule tab, and then changes the numbers for that matchup. Please note that this does NOT change the DMD's projection numbers on this tab, nor the WW's tiers, nor the PFS rankings.

This tab also has a player search area, up to 3 players. Use it this way. I know I have SMcNair in a couple leagues, and he's questionable this week. Which leagues do I have him in? Answer : Enter his name (last, first) in the search grid. The number of teams you have him will be listed, and he will be highlighted and bolded in your roster grids.

Also, I kept my information for my teams in the copy you'll get for a couple reasons:

a. I hope it helps you to know how to use this sp-sheet.

b. You can laugh at my teams.

Note that there are some players that I physically changed to italic font -- this is done manually to indicate which players in which leagues I'm keeping an eye on for the WW/FA processes. Feel free to use as you wish.

Sorry for the long dissertation. But, I'm thinking some of you might like this.

Please note that I'm not putting out a new copy of this each week. Since one can post on this board and not have paid for the huddle's weekly numbers, I think it's only fair that the huddle's numbers remain "privy". Yet, the copy that is sent will include the week 13 updates from the huddle and pfs. One must update the sp-sheet with the copy-n-paste from the huddle and pfs each week.

Also, please note that this sp-sheet does NOT make decisions for you. It only puts the information on one page, from several different sources, to only help you make your own decision.

So, if you want a copy, feel free to leave your email address, and I'll shoot a copy to you.

I WILL NOT/CANNOT SEND TO HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS.

:D Thai is a old thread. e-mail no longer needed.

Go to this thread: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=210183

Edited by Big John

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic