[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes...another commish situation that needs advice

Ralph Furley

In the 5 years of my local, this is the first time we have ever had a situation like this. We are all pretty good friends, and there is a decent amount of money involved.

Team A is 1-10-1 and Team B is 5-6-1 and clinging for his playoff life. He basically needs to win this weekend to get into the playoffs. Yesterday at 11:03 am, Team A drops Chestor Taylor and adds Drew Bennet. AT 11:04, Team B adds Chestor Taylor and drops Bears D.

Team B has Curtis Martin and Lee Suggs as his only two running backs. Suggs probably won't play this weekend, which leaves him with a huge whole in his lineup. Could it be a coincidence that they were both on CBS website at the same time and Team B just happened to see Taylor was dropped within 60 seconds of being dropped? Yes, but doubt it.

This is our first, and last, year of no waivers for dropped players so techinically nothing "illegal" was done. But it stinks of fish. I'm just looking for suggestions from fellow Huddlers on what you would do. I am the commish of this league as well. Thanks for the input!!!

Team A roster before transaction:

RB

Dunn

Pitman

S. Jackson

J. Jones

WR

S. Moss

Colbert

Plaxico

Fitzgerald

Team B roster before transaction:

RB

Martin

Suggs

Fishy???

If they weren't on the website at the same time, I would shrug it off as a dumb move by Team A.

Still, I'm not sure there is much you can do. Is the team A owner savvy enough to realize that Taylor is a pretty good start this week?

I'd talk to them and go from there.

If they weren't on the website at the same time, I would shrug it off as a dumb move by Team A.

Still, I'm not sure there is much you can do.  Is the team A owner savvy enough to realize that Taylor is a pretty good start this week?

I'd talk to them and go from there.

591166[/snapback]

Yeah, Team A know Taylor is an ok start. Thats what is driving me nuts. He said he had to make romm for Bennett because he has a feeling he'll score this weekend. Huh?

The move stinks!!!

If this happened in my local i'd tell everyone how'd much it stunk as well, i would question the integrity of the two players, sounds to me like a deal was cut. But as i commish..........what can you do, it's would be impossible to prove, i would NOT invite either player back next year even if both end up out of the playoffs

I understand when people say "if it's within the rules..." However, the integrity of the league trumps the league rules. It is very difficult to cover every possible situation that may pop up in the rules. As commissioner I have never vetoed a trade (and haven't had this situation because Taylor would not have been available until the following week), but I always put the integrity of the league first. In this situation, I would disallow the transaction.

Team A has won one game all year. Unless it's a keeper league and he plans on keeping Drew Bennett, there is not much reason for his transaction at all. I'm assuming there are no fees associated with adding players, if so Team A probably wouldn't spend the money with one victory.

Good Luck

I wouldn't play another year with players like that. If the transactions hadn't happened so close to each other, maybe it was coincidence, but that was planned. I also see little benifit for the 1-10 team to make that move. Yeah you don't want them to give up, but dropping an RB who is starting this week stinks. Who else was on the teams roster that he could have dropped besides Taylor?

We had this happen in my local a few years ago, now no players can be picked up the same week they are dropped, so for instance if he was dropped wendsday he couldnt be picked up until tuesday after that weeks games.

But according to your rules now it is Legal and I really dont think there is anything that ya can do about it. Yea its wrong IMO but got to deal with it and hopefully all will work out and he will miss playoffs.

Change the rules for next year to add a waiver system ... for this year, there's no use fretting over it. It's legal and your system makes it easy. Even a simple "Let me know if you're ever gonna drop so-and-so" blurs near collusion without a waiver period and waiver priority system ...

Rules are rules. If they exist they should be abided by by both the owners and the commissioners.

The problem you have as the commish of this league is that, by your own admission, this move was within the limits of the existing rules. So since neither owner broke a rule you have to abide by your league rules and allow the transaction.

Then before next year simply fix the rule. Like most are saying in this thread, some form of waiting period after a player is dropped is the best way to avoid someone dropping a player just so his bud can pick him up.

In my leagues we are allowed to do drop/adds on everyday that there is not a game being played. So our waiting period is fairly short. Once a player is dropped that player can not be picked up until at least 48 hours later.

That gives all of the owners a chance to see who was dropped.

We also use a Blind Bidding System rather than any particular Waiver Order. That way everyone gets a shot at the newly dropped players.

Sounds very fishy...so fishy actually I am waiting for it to happen in my league. those who have read my post know wha I am talkin about.

There really is nothing you can prove in this situation. I would change the rule for next yr making it at least a 1 day WW for everyone.

As I look at Team A's roster, which other RB should he have dropped?

Dunn

Pitman

S. Jackson

J. Jones

Those RBs are all starting. Now if he doesn't start Bennett, you have to wonder why he made the move. I would ask Team A what his thoughts were in making that move. If his reasoning sounds legit, then I guess you go with it.

Finally, you have to change your waiver rule.

Well, I just talked to Team A and I think guilt has set in. He was planning on trading a player with Team B in the offseason. However, our league states that no trades may involve future considerations. Technically, it wasn't a trade but since one part of their future trade has already been done, it causes a problem. If Team B makes the playoffs, it should be on his own without the aid of someone else.

In short, I have reversed the transaction since Team A admitted it was the first half of a trade to be made after the season. Team B is SOL. Team A said to do what is best. What a Megan Fox! This is the best man in my wedding as well. Good thing we are all good friends, otherwise this could have been real bad.

And I know about changing the waiver rules. I tought we'd try it "firstcome/firts serve" this year for the first time. Never again!

Thanks for all the input and thoughts!