[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Building the Perfect League

Qball86

It has been decided that since there are too many people in my current league that don't want any changes; they hate keepers, love mandatory TEs, don't want flex positions and such, that the rest of us are starting a splinter cell league.

My questions are, what one thing does your current league do that you think is outstanding and what one thing would you like to join a league that does? I've heard some good ideas and want to see what all of your leagues do.

I'll start the ideas lab with a few suggestions I've heard, keeping in mind my current league wants none of this. Rookie Keepers: Keep only one player per year, must be a drafted rookie and they are re-drafted in the same round as the year before. Someone drafted Ben Roeth in the 15th round, good automatic 15th round pick next year, oh sorry thats right you don't want a keeper league. :D Added to that has been a non-rookie keeper proposal. Instead of pilaging the top 20 players, this keeper rule is only for players drafted beginning in the 3rd round. This keeps the draft fun and gives everyone equal chance at guys like Peyton/Daunte/Moss/Ownes etc. Finally, after the draft is complete an additional round is held to draft one player you think will outscore all other non-drafted position players, minus kickers. These players are not on your roster and are still available on the waiver wire but each teams throws in $10 and whichever player scores the most points takes the pot. In a league like this Kurt Warner went undrafted so my buddy claimed him as his scoring player in the "extra" round. By about the 5th week he was so far ahead the $120 was automatic.

Anyway, sorry for the length but I want to construct "the perfect league" even though I know one doesn't exsist by using some of the components of all our collective leagues.

Edited by Qball86

We have a keeper opportunity, but it has to be a player picked in the 10th or later round and if you want to keep him the next year, he costs you your 3rd round pick.

Also, we used to have an Injured Reserve that would allow you to place a player on the IR (did not actually have to be injured). No more than three players could be on your IR at any time. The player had to stay for a minimum of three weeks on the IR but then could put back on your active line up. This worked as a good place to put players and pick up players off of waivers.

I like a mandatory TE (but then again, last year I Crumpled, this year I Gates). :moon:

I like the idea of the top six playoff spots being decided by record, the final two going to the top scoring teams not already in the playoffs due to record -- keeps the other teams alive longer, makes weak teams start good players, makes up for scheduling quirks. :D

I'd like bonus points for long plays ... B)

I like the idea of only being able to keep guys taken in round 3 or later ... :D

I like the idea of putting rookies in their own draft ... separate from the regular draft ... That certainly adds some risk to what spots to leave open for the rookie draft ... :moon:

I like no transaction fees ... :D

I want TD passes worth 4, not 6 ... :moon:

I want a mandatory KR/PR position in the lineup and only count kick/punt returns for that player ... :yay:

I hate flex positions. B)

Perhaps a mandatory cheerleader would be good, but I'm still working on how to score with the cheerleader position ... :D