[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there some sort of conspiracy involving

Trots

Yesterday there was a report in Priority News that Hoover was starting at tailback and that Nick Goings was going to be his primary backup. A thread was started questioning this on this board. Now, neither exist, seemingly wiped from existence. Is there something that we should know?? :D

I think if you read the thread that DMD replied to it should be obvious. DMD pretty much said that what he posted in the priority news was a typo. He did not mean to suggest that Hoover was going to be the starting RB. The thread had so many twists to it that, IMO, it was probably better removed so as to not confuse anyone that may be reading the MB.

Again, that is just my opinion as it seems that would be the correct way to fix the mistake without misleading anyone.

Edited by Skippy

Resolution to it all sure seems like good board/site management. B)

Anyway, what more could one expect out of the Bermuda Triangle of Carolina backs this year? :D And here I spent the preseason trying to trade for Stephen Davis ... Sometimes I'm glad I don't get my way all the time!! :D

I think if you read the thread that DMD replied to it should be obvious.  DMD pretty much said that what he posted in the priority news was a typo.  He did not mean to suggest that Hoover was going to be the starting RB.  The thread had so many twists to it that, IMO, it was probably better removed so as to not confuse anyone that may be reading the MB.

Again, that is just my opinion as it seems that would be the correct way to fix the mistake without misleading anyone.

591522[/snapback]

i posted the question originally, shouldnt i have been notified. Thanks for the info though

So, where should I go to get my Nick Goings / Brad Hoover information?

I understood Nick would start as the tailback, and Brad would start at the FB position.  So, Nick is still the one to play, right?

592178[/snapback]

Yes Rhino. Yesterday had a blurb in the Priority news that had a typo in it and it could have been read to suggest that Hoover was taking over. That was clearly not the intent of the post and I suspect that is why things have been cleaned up.

While my intention was not to mislead anybody, I also posted on that thread some info I found that Hoover was listed as probable and would play.

So the info in Priority news was a typo? Nick Goings is the starter for the Panthers, right? Hoover could receive a few carries though, right? :D

While my intention was not to mislead anybody, I also posted on that thread some info I found that Hoover was listed as probable and would play. 

So the info in Priority news was a typo?  Nick Goings is the starter for the Panthers, right?  Hoover could receive a few carries though, right?  :D

592425[/snapback]

Yes I would agree with that, Wolverines Fan. I don't speak for the Huddle but I think that is exactly what was intended to say when the typo showed up.

I wish that I could have read DMDs response as the Priority News was extra specific that Hoover was starting at rb and Nick Goings would be his primary BACKUP = not like a spelling mistake or something similar, it seemed to clearly spell out the situation :D:D

Trots - I don't remember exactly what he said other than he made a mistake and that's what happens when he posts late at night.

It was a mistake. The priority news has been updated to reflect what the Huddle views on this situation are.

I think that the original thread got whacked because someone could have easily read it and got the wrong message. Just like the original post that was in the priority news.

DMD, WW, or whoever fixed the priority news and I am assuming that the tread was better to be whacked as it could have been very misleading to someone that just jumps on here and reacts to what they just read.

Just my humble opinion.

Here's what just landed in my mailbox from the Dec 5 Daily Flash from the Fantasy Source at Sporting News:

RB Brad Hoover, Panthers (hip): The Charlotte Observer reports that Hoover practiced Friday and is expected to play vs. the Saints. With Nick Goings as the Panthers' feature back, Hoover is bench material at best in deep leagues.

That having been said, I repeat my caution about the bermuda triangle of Carolina backs ... how the distribution goes between them this week is a real gamble. Should be clearer next week if both come through healthy, but I think this week is a gamble, even given the above -- but if a gamble is what you want (salary cap league) or if it's still your best choice (standard league), I like the sounds of "With Nick Goings as the Panthers' feature back" for Goings owners ...