[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D. Davis or N. Goings

rt1966

This is a tough one. Davis has done very well for me the last few weeks but he faces one of the toughest run defenses in the Jets. They have only allowed 5 rushing TD's all year. Meanwhile Goings goes up against the worst rushing defense in the NFL in New Orleans giving up more than 150 yards per game. If you were to rank these two RB's from 1 to 25, Davis would probably be around 10th and Goings around 25th. I just like Goings matchup this week and like the direction Carolina is going. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Gotta play the matchups and play Goings. NO's D is very, very bad. Look what Blaylock did to them. And we now see Blaylock's nothing special after he was punk'd by the Pats and has been losing carries to the "baby" Larry Johnson. So Goings, who's already proven he can run on any defense, should be able to eat up NO's D.

[[[Please, anyone reading/responding to this post, see my poll re: Green vs. Davis]]]

Edited by darin3

This is a tough one.  Davis has done very well for me the last few weeks but he faces one of the toughest run defenses in the Jets.  They have only allowed 5 rushing TD's all year.  Meanwhile Goings goes up against the worst rushing defense in the NFL in New Orleans giving up more than 150 yards per game.  If you were to rank these two RB's from 1 to 25, Davis would probably be around 10th and Goings around 25th.  I just like Goings matchup this week and like the direction Carolina is going.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

591490[/snapback]

Hoover is back, so I doubt that Goings will get all of the carries.

I'd go with Goings and play the matchup.  Beware of what Dr. Love pointed out.....Goings may split some carries with Hoover.

591511[/snapback]

Maybe I'm crazy but why would they go to a RBBC against a crappy D when Goings has already proven he can shoulder the load by himself? Hoover wasn't that spectacular when he started and/or got significant carries.

It alls sounds good Goings against NO, but I have looked at 5 lineup rankings for this week, Going has been far behind DD in all of them. I too have Goings, DD, and J Jones as my second option. I am going with DD. I think he is back to his last years form. He will also catch quite few balls so if you get receptions points that is another plus,

Maybe I'm crazy but why would they go to a RBBC against a crappy D when Goings has already proven he can shoulder the load by himself?  Hoover wasn't that spectacular when he started and/or got significant carries.

591516[/snapback]

I agree, Darin. Hoover was averaging 2 yards a carry the three games prior to his injury, while Goings has averaged 5 yards a carry. Goings will be the man, at least, that's what I'm counting on.

Goings for sure. He will get most of the carries, and he's playing the Saints. Oh, but I think Blaylock is special. 91 yards from scrimmage isn't exactly being punked. Blaylock had 57 yards and 2 TDs on 8 carries last week against the best rushing defense in the league to go along with 21 yards from 3 catches. Whats my point? darin3 is wrong about Blaylock. That doesn't mean Goings won't tear up the Saints, he will.

I am gonna have to agree with the masses on this one. Goings is your man for this weekend.

The only way that I might be swayed in the other direction is if you get points for receptions. DD will probably have a tough time on the ground. He should remain active catching balls out of the backfield, though.

Almost anybody is a great start against a very porous NO D.

I wouldn't worry about Hoover too much. Even if he does steal some carries, they will be sparingly. Once Car sees how much luck they have running against NO, they might just run the ball on every play.

Ben