[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AntSports Players?

KOKIDKOKID

Hi gang. Here's the situation. I am in a $250/team 10 team league on AntSports.com I am currently sitting 1 point behind the 6th and final playoff spot and this is the final week to go in our regular season.

Here's the situation. There are 2 teams in our league who about 5 weeks ago attempted a series of BOGUS trades with each other. They were the only trades all year that were protested by our league. In fact, the protests were upheld by the league commissioner. That got my radar up. Now these 2 owners play each other this week. One owner is the 6th playoff spot holder and his buddy is out of the playoffs (no way he can earn enough points this week to grab a playoff spot). I emailed the commissioner last weekend telling him to please keep an eye on these 2 owners as I feared that one would lay down for the other in Week #13.

Well, guess what? The guy who is holding down the #6 playoff spot is facing his buddy who is NOT starting Rudi Johnson, but instead is starting Dallas Clark (who is not going to play tomorrow) and Plaxico Burress (who is also very doubtful to play). I emailed the commissioner again to tell him "I told you so", but I have been disappointed at the commissioners lack of response.....more like no response at all. It sucks to be fighting for my playoff life when the jerk one point ahead of me is getting a pass into the playoffs by playing his buddy who is laying down.

I am extremely frustrated and will squeel like a stuck pig if I lose tomorrow and the guy 1 point ahead of me wins facing a crippled lineup from his buddy/partner. Arrgh!

KO'd

Hi gang.  Here's the situation.  I am in a $250/team 10 team league on AntSports.com  I am currently sitting 1 point behind the 6th and final playoff spot and this is the final week to go in our regular season.

Here's the situation.  There are 2 teams in our league who about 5 weeks ago attempted a series of BOGUS trades with each other.  They were the only trades all year that were protested by our league.  In fact, the protests were upheld by the league commissioner.  That got my radar up.  Now these 2 owners play each other this week.  One owner is the 6th playoff spot holder and his buddy is out of the playoffs (no way he can earn enough points this week to grab a playoff spot).  I emailed the commissioner last weekend telling him to please keep an eye on these 2 owners as I feared that one would lay down for the other in Week #13. 

Well, guess what?  The guy who is holding down the #6 playoff spot is facing his buddy who is NOT starting Rudi Johnson, but instead is starting Dallas Clark (who is not going to play tomorrow) and Plaxico Burress (who is also very doubtful to play).  I emailed the commissioner again to tell him "I told you so", but I have been disappointed at the commissioners lack of response.....more like no response at all.  It sucks to be fighting for my playoff life when the jerk one point ahead of me is getting a pass into the playoffs by playing his buddy who is laying down.

I am extremely frustrated and will squeel like a stuck pig if I lose tomorrow and the guy 1 point ahead of me wins facing a crippled lineup from his buddy/partner.  Arrgh!

KO'd

592517[/snapback]

Did your commish say anything at all.Are you sure he got the message..That is totally a hose job.Id bring it to the whole leagues attention before gametime so everyone is aware

Did your commish say anything at all.Are you sure he got the message..That is totally a hose job.Id bring it to the whole leagues attention before gametime so everyone is aware

592605[/snapback]

I'd bombard the commish and all the other owners with a series of yips about laying down being as evil a form of collusion as stacked trades ... the Dallas Clark start is your best evidence shown so far, especially if this guy has shown some activity so its clear he should know Clark's status ...

I'd bombard the commish and all the other owners with a series of yips about laying down being as evil a form of collusion as stacked trades ... the Dallas Clark start is your best evidence shown so far, especially if this guy has shown some activity so its clear he should know Clark's status ...

592698[/snapback]

Call him on the phone. If you are talking about Steve he wants you too if you have a problem. I've never had him ignore me.

I would post a "calm" message on the league's message board questioning the teams motives and asking for assistance from the other leagues owners, post a poll as well. If your league members do not do the right thing, let them know you will not be back next year, but this time make it nasty :D

A commish should always overrule any clear attempt of default by any team owner, and then just boot them out of the league.

Edited by theeohiostate

We had a similar situation in one of my leagues and the offending players have been locked out of there respective teams. The way it is being handled is the team that still has playoff chances has input into his team activity but the commish is actually making the moves for him. He is being allowed to finish out the season because he agreed to this arrangement and knows there will be a league vote on his status for next season. As for the other bum he is out of the playoffs and the commish is keeping a competetive team out there each week till playoffs . He was indignant when approached on the whole deal and will not be with us next year! Maybe he can go play in a yahoo public league next season :D

I would post a "calm" message on the league's message board questioning the teams motives and asking for assistance from the other leagues owners, post a poll as well.  If your league members do not do the right thing, let them know you will not be back next year, but this time make it nasty  :D

A commish should always overrule any clear attempt of default by any team owner, and then just boot them out of the league.

592807[/snapback]

On antsports you can email everyone in the league but the 2 owners in question as well.

MrTed is having the same problem in his league, here is my solution

propose a side bet with Team A. Tell him you will bet his lineup up point total from his roster versus the total points you would get from your lineup of his roster.

Only 4 possible outcomes:

1) he gets called out for the cowardly liar he is

2) you make some money to offset your losses if you don't make it to the playoffs

3) you make some money, and you make the playoffs

4) you lose, are embarassed, humiliated, poorer for it, and branded an A-hole in the league.

Granted option 4 would be really really really bad but I figure it's only a 5-10% chance of playing that way.

In your case, option 4 doesn't even exist, as he is proposing starting an inactive player versus a starting player. Call him out with a sidebet, announce it to the league, and see what his response is.

I would also make a point of contacting the entire league. Cover all your bases, so the commish can't whine about not seeing the messages.

593211[/snapback]

Agreed. If your Commish lets it go, ask for your money back and leave the league immediately. That's complete crap.