[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What? Manning doesn't have 3 TDs yet?

soopanuts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THis just in.  The Colts aren't covering Drew Bennett.  3 long TDs.

593986[/snapback]

You aren't kidding. Colts tried 3 different cornerbacks on him, and all three got burned. It's like the Colts wouldn't commit a saftey to the passing game, because they didn't think Volek could do that. You'd of thought they got the hint after the first one.

Let me say 1 thing. All year as Manning has thrown TD after TD from inside the 10 all that people have said is he's not selfish or looking for a record. Well today 1st and goal from the 4 TD run for Edge. So what happens next time they are down there 2 passes and 1 run, and surprise the run got 3 yards. Not complaining 1 bit, but after the first time and the fact they ARE playing pass down there you have to admit this looks a little shady on Manning's part.

594126[/snapback]

C'mon. Give it a rest. Edge had a great day with a banged up o-line.

Okay you WAY misunderstood that Hook. As I said in there I was NOT complaining, and it was also BEFORE the 2nd TD, I was merely noting how all year whenever questioned EVERY Manning guy would say well stop it, or he isn't selfish he does it because the D is playing run. Well today they played pass and he still threw down there. Merely noting that. It has gotten to the point where if anyone makes any sort of comment on Manning it's a complaint, well that was NOT the case with me here. Simply making an obvious statement I think.

I thought the Colts should have run on first down as well. But the third down play was an obvious pass, due to the injuries on the line and the fact they aren't exactly a smashmouth group. I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think I'd consider it "shady". :D

Shady might have sounded strong I agree. Should have used a softer word there. But again I was not trying to get on Manning there. You know what's funny to me. Why is it SO hard for people to admit he's going for the record? I'm not saying he's doing it and it's hurting his team I'm just saying he is CLEARLY going for it. I'm sure we'd all do it so I'm not getting on him for it I just don't understand why people can't just come right out and say it. I mean passing when up big late. Throwing TD's on 1st and goal from 5 and in. Can it be more obvious. Again not saying that in a bad way but people just can't say yes he is no doubt.

Glad to hear that. That was my only point. Many in here won't say it for some reason.

594423[/snapback]

I agree that he is. And I don't have a problem with him trying to get it in garbage time. His handoffs to Edge the red zone today also showed that winning is paramount, though, and I was glad to see that.

I just find it funny that some say that Manning is trying to "screw" Edge. Or that the Colts are running up the score by throwing TD's in the THIRD quarter. Or that Manning has been told by the front office to ignore Edge and Harrison, so that they will be easier to resign in the off-season. Or that Manning cares about nothing but his numbers. Blah, blah, blah.

I for one, am just trying to enjoy watching it while it lasts. He is just killing the record, and he's only playing 3 quarter a week. It doesn't happen very often. This will be Manning's career year. Manning leads a very diverse offense that allows him to survey the defense, and check to a pass or run. If you're hot, and confident, wouldn't you call your own number more?

Edited by CaptainHook

I just find it funny that some say that Manning is trying to "screw" Edge.  Or that the Colts are running up the score by throwing TD's in the THIRD quarter.  Or that Manning has been told by the front office to ignore Edge and Harrison, so that they will be easier to resign in the off-season.  Or that Manning cares about nothing but his numbers. 

I for one, am just trying to enjoy watching it while it lasts.  He is just killing the record, and he's only playing 3 quarter a week.  It doesn't happen very often.  This will be Manning's career year.  Manning leads a very diverse offense that allows him to survey the defense, and check to a pass or run.  If you're hot, and confident, wouldn't you call your own number more?

594451[/snapback]

Well, and I'm know you're not naming me here, I never said any of that. I just think in the long run they'd be better served running more in certain spots because in Pitt and NE they'll need to IMO.

Well, and I'm know you're not naming me here, I never said any of that. I just think in the long run they'd be better served running more in certain spots because in Pitt and NE they'll need to IMO.

594457[/snapback]

No, not you in particular. And in the long run, you are probably right.

Anyway, if the Colts are going to beat the Steelers, it will be with the passing game, not the run.

594481[/snapback]

It's when, Squeeg, when the Colts beat the Steelers. . .

:D

Edited by CaptainHook