[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What? Manning doesn't have 3 TDs yet?

soopanuts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's why. If they need him to run more in the playoffs, especially in the RZ IMO, why wouldn't they do that more now to get the line better at it, and get Edge at least somewhat ready for it. That is my only issue with what Manning is doing.

594492[/snapback]

That is what practice is for.

They're better off saving Edge the bumps and bruises of running in goal line situations to kep him healthy for the playoffs.

Here's why. If they need him to run more in the playoffs, especially in the RZ IMO, why wouldn't they do that more now to get the line better at it, and get Edge at least somewhat ready for it. That is my only issue with what Manning is doing.

594492[/snapback]

I need to chime in here on a couple issues.

The Record

I think most everyone in here is in agreement that Manning wants to break the record. The problem that those of us who are defending Manning have is the people who are saying that Edge is being ignored, and that Manning should throw less.

Because in fact, it simply isn't true.

As to the Colts Offensive Balance.

Someone in this thread today actually said, there was a little bit more balance today than normal. Well that is also untrue.

The Colts average about 32 pass plays for 285 yds against 28 run plays for 125 yds per game.

Today they threw the normal 33 passes but gained an unusual 425 yds passing. And they only ran the ball 22 times. But they did gain 157 yds. But still the ratio of pass yds to run yds was much broader today than normal. And Edge was acutally 3 carries under his season average.

As to Edge being ignored and/or under-used.

Also untrue

Edge is actually having one of his best seasons of his career, yardage wise. And they don't have to run more now to get the line used to it. They are already running the ball quite well this year.

Edge came into today's game as the 2nd Leading Rusher in the NFL. That's pretty hard to imagine, considering nearly everyone on this forum who is complaining about Manning's passing too much, is saying that Edge is being ignored.

Now before anyone gets on here who's in a TD only league I know that Edge's 8 TD's is weak but most everyone on here is saying that the Colts will need to run more and better to win in January and that has nothing to do with Fantasy Football. They're talking NFL Football but they are ignoring the fact that Edge and the Colts are running the ball better than most teams right now. In fact according to the NFL the Colts have the #10 Ranked rushing Offense in the entire league.

People need to look at the "REAL" numbers rather than their "IMAGINED" numbers and wake up to the fact that Edge is having a "GREAT" season.

As great as Manning has been this year, and he has been "GREAT" he has only topped 300 yds passing 5 times all year. And like I said he is only throwing 32 passes a game. It's just that so many of them have been TD's this year. Heck, Counting today, Manning has only thrown 28 more passes all year than Tom Brady has. How come nobody's complaining about him throwing too much.

Even with what most people are calling a "bad day" by Manning because of the turnovers, he still had over 425 yds and 3 TD's. Simply put, their Offense is working magnificently. Edge is getting his touches and his yards and there is absolutely no reason to change anything. They have been extremely balanced all year.

When the weather or situation calls for it Manning will give more carries to Edge. But that will only be about 7 or 8 carries more than he's getting every week anyway.

I think all us Edge owners know the games are just going the way they are because Manning's been on FIRE! (At least I hope most of us Edge owners realize that)

We just want a little cheese with our whinnne! :D

Today they threw the normal 33 passes but gained an unusual 425 yds passing. And they only ran the ball 22 times. But they did gain 157 yds. But still the ratio of pass yds to run yds was much broader today than normal. And Edge was acutally 3 carries under his season average.

594793[/snapback]

Indy's running game was not very effective in the first half. IIRC, Edge was hanging around 3 yds/carry at that time. However, TEN's defense seemed to wear down significantly in the second half.

It's sad that anyone's bashing Manning at all during this wonderful season, but it is funny to see that it's still happening even after Edge scores twice.

595290[/snapback]

It's the same "If they're successful, we're going to hate them and try to tear them down" mentality that al Qaeda posesses.

And I still havn't seen any outrage from the Manning-bashers over McNabb and Brady continuing to throw TDs when their respective teams were up big iin the second half.

595297[/snapback]

C'mon, Squeege! You should know by now that there's a double standard. Same reason that McNair is called a "warrior" for being injured all the time, while Manning is never even referred to as "tough," despite only missing one snap due to injury over his career.