[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green Bay vs Philly Thread

Chavez

So what do you think is gonna happen in the game?

I look for GB to cover; if Al Harris can step up and contain Owens, GB has a better-than-even chance of winning. GB's O is better than Philly's but the Eagles have the edge in defense.

Should be a great matchup.

Philly is killing GB.  Having Westbrook for Philly makes a huge difference.  Mcnabb is something like 12 for 13 and 2 TD's, and Favre has 2 picks.  14-0.  TD's for TO and Westbrook.

594313[/snapback]

#2 from McNabb to Westbrook. McNabb is probably going to save my week after I made a couple bonehead decisions with my lineup.

:hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad:

:hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad:  :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad: :hoppingmad:

594358[/snapback]

So, not too pleased, then? :D

Favre is a perfect example of the fact that even stud QBs can't get it done all by themselves. Favre knows that Philly is going to score all over his sorry defense, so he has to try to make plays eary. The result: interceptions.

So, the next time someone has the urge to post some crap about Manning, Marino, Kelly, Fouts, Tarkenton, etc. being lesser QBs than those with SB rings, keep in mind that even Golden Boy Brett has done jack $hit without GBs stellar defenses of the mid '90s (nine interceptions in his last four playoff games).

Advantage McNasty

594340[/snapback]

I'll say; about the only difference between this and the Titans game is that Philly is a much better team.

No doubt lots of :bawling: around the state tonight.

Looks like I got a bunch of Schweaty Wieners coming my way... :D

B):D:DB):yay::moon:

Philly looked dominant against a really good Offense. I was kinda pissed that Reid kept McNabb and Westbrook in the game for that long, but I like the way the Eagles are playing ball headed into the playoffs. The only consolation I can offer to my Cheezehead friends is that you faced a very strong team, that was up for this game.

Cold consolation, I am sure, but I've heard cold consolation goes well with brats. :D

If by "cold consolation" you mean "copious amounts of alcoholic drinks", yes it does.

McNasty nailed it - Philly came out and played the way Green Bay should've been expected to, especially on defense. Green Bay couldn't get a d*mn thing going; I think they had two drives in the first half that were notable and got a total of 3 points off of them.

And Philly's O schooled the defense.

Let's see, pushed around on offense and abused on defense; Philly even had the edge in special teams.

At least Nall looked good.

I really thought it was going to be a very close game. Happy with the win, and that they were able to play a good team and look good doing it.

....good to see that with the hype around this game and the sportsmanship that took place between the players and coaching staff holds true for the fans too. I don't think we saw GB at their best today. This game reminds me of the Pitt-Philly game in the way the teams respected each other so much and how the hot road team came out completely flat. We'll probably see each other again unless Atlanta can hold onto the #2 seed. Go Birds.

I think you can replace "NFC North" in the previous post with "NFC teams not from Philly named the Eagles" and you'd be MUCH closer to the mark.

NFC North is pretty bad; however, right now, the North looks like a top-to-bottom powerhouse compared to the West. Don't take that as an admission that the South or East are anything to right home about, either.