[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's more over rated...Favre or Vick?

thorfinn

Fishing?

594386[/snapback]

No, I'm serious. Favre is definitely one of the Top 10 QBs of all time and POSSIBLY one of the Top 5, but what has he done since 1997?

1996: GB defense was ranked #1 in both points allowed and yards allowed. Result: SB victory

1997: GB defense was ranked 5th in points allowed and 9th in yards allowed. Results: SB defeat

1998-2204: GB defense was only ranked in the Top 10 in points allowed ONCE and ONCE in the Top 10 in yards allowed. Result: Not even an appearance in the NFC Championship Game. From the '98 season onward, Favre is 2-4 in playoff games and has thrown 12 inerceptions in those six games.

Brett's a great QB, but not the god that Madden and Terry think that he is.

Edited by Bill Swerski

594399[/snapback]

And Vick isn't as good as those who are saying he's a legit MVP candidate this year...are you kidding me? Can you imagine McNabb or Manning putting up a game like the stinker he put up today?

I agree with your post, though.

No, I'm serious.  Favre is definitely one of the Top 10 QBs of all time and POSSIBLY one of the Top 5, but what has he done since 1997?

1996: GB defense was ranked #1 in both points allowed and yards allowed. Result: SB victory

1997: GB defense was ranked 5th in points allowed and 9th in yards allowed.  Results: SB defeat

1998-2204: GB defense was only ranked in the Top 10 in points allowed ONCE and ONCE in the Top 10 in yards allowed.  Result: Not even an appearance in the NFC Championship Game.  From the '98 season onward, Favre is 2-4 in playoff games and has thrown 12 inerceptions in those six games.

594399[/snapback]

In the same parallel, Peyton Manning is a great QB, but needs a defense to get the Colts to the next level.

In the same parallel, Peyton Manning is a great QB, but needs a defense to get the Colts to the next level.

594419[/snapback]

Agreed. Yet, people rip Manning for "choking in the big game" when Favre's been doing the same thing for the past four years, when he didn't have a dominant defense.

Brett Farve is nothing short of a legend.Im a cowboy fan and bye no means like the packers but Farve is an all around tremendous football player and by no means overrated.

Dumbest question ever.

If you can even ask that in seriousness, you have no knowledge of Football as a sport outside an XBox. Maybe this week, he's sucking. But you wanna call him overrated for that?

594464[/snapback]

Overrated by Madden and Terry, who thinks that he's "the greatest QB ever." He's one of the best ever IMO, but still overrated by Terry.

Heh, that's funny about the Xbox thing...

While i personally think Vick is by far more over rated, I've always thought Farve was a bit overrated. Bill Swerski's post sums it up pretty well...

I guess i've seen too many of his games where he just absolutely stunk it up...That said, I love the guy and his spirit and think he's one of the best ever...top 10 for sure....

he just hasn't shown it for a few years...

Dumbest question ever.

If you can even ask that in seriousness, you have no knowledge of Football as a sport outside an XBox. Maybe this week, he's sucking. But you wanna call him overrated for that?

594464[/snapback]

594399[/snapback]

So what this is about is Madden drooling over Favre. Give it a rest. Madden isn't the only one. What most really like about him is his kid outlook and love of the game. That's what they like and so do I.

Farve is always good if you need a sack record, though.

594420[/snapback]

:D

Although Vick tried to give Favre a "RUN" for his money on this one, getting sacked FIVE TIMES vs TB, despite his ultra mobile skills ... :D:D

Add in the INTS and FUMBLES ... and you B) My daughter thought he was "throwing" the game but then figured if he was, he wouldn't have been quite so obvious about it!! Plus, he couldn't throw anything yesterday!! Soooo, Ricky Williams isn't staying somewhere in the FLA/GA area, is he? :D

And this from someone who LIKES Vick as a QB and wishes they'd use him even more creatively ... Heck, I was a huge fan of Slash!!

Its been said before, and will be said again - Vick is overrated. Favre got no where NEAR the hype Vick got in preseason. Favre is CLEARLY the better QB - in fact, the question insults the intelligence of football fans.

And to those that want to point out Favre's shortcomings in the playoffs:

1. He DOES have a Super Bowl to his resume.

2. This is 1 more Super Bowl than a QB who many consider the greatest of all - Marino.

201 consecutive starts. Lets see Nancy...err...Vick come close to that.