[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attention Vikings Fans

Rebellab

The group that I watch the game with discussed this and we were all in agreement. Tice should be putting together an updated resume. The other aspect is who should replace him? Something good to think about after a terrible game.

Yes, without question he should be fired!! The problem is, with Red looking to sell the team he is not going to put a lot of money into a quality coach. As a lifelong Purple fan it is very frustrating too. To see all of the false starts and other penalties and turnovers it is obvious this team lacks discipline, which is something that comes from the top.

Yes, without question he should be fired!!  The problem is, with Red looking to sell the team he is not going to put a lot of money into a quality coach.  As a lifelong Purple fan it is very frustrating too.  To see all of the false starts and other penalties and turnovers it is obvious this team lacks discipline, which is something that comes from the top.

594529[/snapback]

I have to agree. I think it was at the start the Viks long drive in the second half and there was about 8 plays with stupid penalties on both sides of the ball.

Richard said it best. McCombs (the owner) is trying to sell the team and he is a worthless cheap a** piece of garbage who does not want to spend the money for a decent coach, so the Vikes are stuck with Tice. And with McCombs for that manner.

Hmm, was he associated with BALCO?

I think Hovan was a nice player whose game was predicated on speed. Once he lost a step, he went from above average due to exceptional effort to a try-hard guy who just doesn't have it. Whether steroids played a part in that I couldn't say. He wouldn't even be a name if not for the hoopla about his Favre obsession before last season's opener.

Hmm, was he associated with BALCO?

594906[/snapback]

Not specifically as far as I know, but then neither was Sosa. I was more referring to steroids in general, and I really didn't mean that tongue in cheek...I don't get to watch many Vikings games and I really am curious if he has shrunk noticeably. It just seems strange to me that a guy who was a noted player has suddenly gone to being so bad that he lost his starting job, and then was inactive last week. :D

I hope he's not around next year, but he'll probably will be. If the Vikes choke so much that they don't make the playoffs again, my guess is he's gone.

Red is a cheap ***, he won't fork over the big bucks for a big name coach.

My opinion on Tice is he would be a good assistent coach. The players like him cause he's honest and has a good personality. But I question his gametime decisions. I question his motivation on the team, I question game plans he chooses. Quick, smart decisions aren't his strength. He doesn't plan well. Despite the draft blunders during his tenure that were an embarassment. I do give him credit for implementing a good draft process. I like the last 2 drafts and FA acquisitions... they've brought the team back to winning. He does deserve some credit.

So who is available right now you ask?  How about Willingham.  He was an assistant under Denny Green with the Vikings.

595031[/snapback]

Yeah, but he wasn't a great college coach, and there have been many college coaches that were held in a lot higher regard that fell flat on their faces in the NFL (Spurrier and Switzer immediately come to mind). I wouldn't really think Willingham has much of a chance of getting a head coaching job in the NFL right now.

So who is available right now you ask?  How about Willingham.  He was an assistant under Denny Green with the Vikings.

595031[/snapback]

Our group talked about Parcels, but just like has been posted Red is not going to go out and get the big name coaches. I brought up Willingham as well, but I would agree about the college coaches and add Butch Davis.

Actually, since the Vikes offense appears to be pretty well able to take care of itself (without knowing contract situations, a solid OL, Culpepper (despite his turnovers), Moss, Burleson/Robinson, Kleinsasser, Wiggins, Smith/Bennett/M Moore/Williams could probably rank as the #16 offense in the league without even gameplanning; that's some nice talent), IF Tice goes, Vikes brass would be smart to go with a defensive guru, someone who could maximize the weak link of the team - Monte Kiffin, Romeo Crennell, or Jim Johnson spring immediately to mind.

Vikings aside, the fact that Crennell and Charlie Weiss don't have head coaching jobs is a freakin' travesty.