[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN Sunday Night Quotes of the Week

jimsoxfan

David Boston! I can go on with tougher WR's!

594799[/snapback]

Tougher than Ward? I don't think so...stronger maybe but Ward is a warrior. Plus Boston is on steroids, they just announced today he is being suspended for testing positive.

Im not sure what the definition of tough is in regards to WR...but Jerry Rice? TO? Both have reasons to be called tough.

I'm not sure what feature of Ward makes him so tough.

Usually......my BS Radar is pretty good.  :D

594813[/snapback]

Name me one WR who is tougher.

Heck, I'll make it ever easier: name 3 players in the entire NFL who are tougher than Hines Ward.

594845[/snapback]

I might say Troy Brown is equally as tough. Anyone who can play both sides of the ball is pretty tough...

and don't go comparing everyone else...you could just take the free safety off most teams and they are tougher..since I named Brown, I would say Rodney Harrison is tougher than Ward.

Edited by jimsoxfan

I might say Troy Brown is equally as tough. Anyone who can play both sides of the ball is pretty tough...

and don't go comparing everyone else...you could just take the free safety off most teams and they are tougher..since I named Brown, I would say Rodney Harrison is tougher than Ward.

594895[/snapback]

Troy Brown is a great player, when he's healthy.

I didn't say Hines was the strongest player in the NFL - of course there are huge dudes who are far stronger than he. It is actually the fact that he is smaller but has no fear that makes him so tough. Have you watched him play? How about the block when he took out a 300+ lb DE? As Czarina says, he plays WR like a LB.

Hines Ward rocks. Have you seen this guy block? He's one of my favorite players, despite being a Pats fan. He's a very hard hitter, takes a hit well and keeps on going.

Not one of those pansy :coughmarvinharrisoncough: no contact, falls down when you hit him WRs. :D

:D

Keyshawn Johnson FEARLESS

Andre Johnson

Qb

Favre

McNair

RB

Mike Alstott

Michael Pittman

TE

Pollard

Gonzo

This is just a short list. I'm not saying Hines isn't tough...but there are many, that I feel are a little tougher!!

This is all a matter of opinion. I feel all the above are TOUGH and aren't afraid to hit someone or take a hit a keep on ticking,

:D

Keyshawn Johnson FEARLESS

Andre Johnson

Qb

Favre

McNair

RB

Mike Alstott

Michael Pittman

TE

Pollard

Gonzo

This is just a short list.  I'm not saying Hines isn't tough...but there are many, that I feel are a little tougher!!

This is all a matter of opinion.  I feel all the above are TOUGH and aren't afraid to hit someone or take a hit a keep on ticking,

596484[/snapback]

Agree Keyshawn is fearless. As was Ed McCaffrey.

If you do not think that Hines is not afraid to take at hit and keep on ticking, you obviously have not watched him play. Dude not only isn't afraid to take a hit, he actively seeks it out.

John Lynch

McNair

Easy Ed McCaffrey (had to throw him in there)

Favre- you don't play 200= straight games with oput being kind of tough

Travis Henry played on a broken leg last year.

Ray Lewis is fairly tough I'd say

Lorenzo Neal, Jon Ritchie, etc. - all of the prototype FB's in the NFL.

Any wedge breaker on kick coverage (so that's 32 guys right there)

Although Hines is a tough guy (no argument here) to say that there are not 3 players in the entire NFL that are tougher is a slight exaggeration IMO.

Name me one WR who is tougher.

Heck, I'll make it ever easier: name 3 players in the entire NFL who are tougher than Hines Ward.

594845[/snapback]

Terrell Owens will go over the middle with the best of them- that kind of defines toughness from a WR more than blocking ability IMO- You can always throw a crack-back block when the defender isn't looking and get yourself on "jacked-up".

I am sure you all remember the TD pass that Owens caught in the playoff game vs. Green Bay a few years back- (in the end zone from Steve Young I think)-where he just knew he was gonna get squashed by several guys, but he made the grab took his medicine and won a game for his team- that's TOUGH!