[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They have warnings now in the NFL, huh?

Guggs

The Bears illigally substituted a FB during a punt, a fake punt which they did not get I believe, and the officials announced to everyone that the Bears were "warned" not to do it again. Either it should be a penalty or not a penalty, not a flippin warning. What up with that?

I'll tell you what game was an even more obvious attempt by the Refs to change the outcome.

Did anyone watch the Chargers - vs - Broncos game today?

If you did, you saw at the end of the game, the Refs ignore the automatic 15 yard penalty rule assessed when a defender runs into a fully extended Kicker on a punt and instead, only asses 5 yards. They had to give them the penalty, but only giving the 5 yards, meant the Chargers still had to punt. Then on the return, the first guy down for the Chargers was pushed squarely in the back, with a Ref looking right at the play from 10 yards away max. No Flag.

Somebody wanted to give the Broncos every chance in the world to pull that game out.

Come on now! I was watching Donkey's game and I thought it was a fair ending. THe kicker was barely touched and the block in the back was very light...It was better that the two teams settled it on the field instead of the refs handing a gift to one side...I hate it when that happens...

ANd the better team came out on top!

I'll tell you what game was an even more obvious attempt by the Refs to change the outcome.

Did anyone watch the Chargers - vs - Broncos game today?

If you did, you saw at the end of the game, the Refs ignore the automatic 15 yard penalty rule assessed when a defender runs into a fully extended Kicker on a punt and instead, only asses 5 yards. They had to give them the penalty, but only giving the 5 yards, meant the Chargers still had to punt. Then on the return, the first guy down for the Chargers was pushed squarely in the back, with a Ref looking right at the play from 10 yards away max. No Flag.

Somebody wanted to give the Broncos every chance in the world to pull that game out.

594853[/snapback]

Come on now! I was watching Donkey's game and I thought it was a fair ending. THe kicker was barely touched and the block in the back was very light...It was better that the two teams settled it on the field instead of the refs handing a gift to one side...I hate it when that happens...

ANd the better team came out on top!

594872[/snapback]

Barely touched or not, when a Kicker is fully extended, it's a 15 yarder.

When you get shoved squarely in the back to where you eat grass....that's a Flag. Especially with Ref looking right at the play.

You're right about the Charger's coming away with the W, but the point is, somebody wanted the Ref's to call it the way they did, to give the Donkey's a chance at a comeback.

NO WAY Big Score.  That was a flop.  The guy barely got touched.  And he raised BOTH legs to draw the contact.  I thought it was bogus that they threw a flag at all.

594898[/snapback]

Agreed there was acting there...but...he was touched while fully extended...and that's a 15 yarder right?

What about the shove in the back non call on the return with the Ref 10 yards away looking right at it?

Edited by Big Score 1

Agreed there was acting there...but...he was touched while fully extended...and that's a 15 yarder right?

What about the shove in the back non call on the return with the Ref 10 yards away looking right at it?

594904[/snapback]

nope, nope, nope. The punter lifted the other leg in order to draw the contact. If he hadn't done that, the guy wouldn't have touched him at all.

As for the block in the back, I don't recall the play specifically.

nope, nope, nope.  The punter lifted the other leg in order to draw the contact.  If he hadn't done that, the guy wouldn't have touched him at all.

594907[/snapback]

I've never seen a Punter NOT have his other leg lift on the follow through :D

But if you're sure it's not an automatic 15 yarder, then I'll take your word for it.

lol, no. But as a referee, I think you have to determine if the contact was initiated by the punter. That is why they made it a 5 yarder I think. By the rule, there was contact, but no way were they gonna get a 15 yarder out of that.