[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Curry injury

SteelBunz

Raiders | Curry Injured - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:14:42 -0800

Oakland Raiders WR Ronald Curry (Achilles') suffered what is likely a torn left Achilles' tendon, and is expected to miss the remainder of the 2004 season, according to Janie McCauley of the Associated Press. The injury occured during the fourth quarter of Week 13's loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Curry, who needed crutches to leave the stadium, will undergo an MRI exam Monday, Dec. 6.

Geeeeeze.......thought we found a nice playoff gem. :D

I'm left wondering what this will do for Porter now? Captain Cocktail seems to have gotten his bearings with the Raiders now and Gabriel is still there.

I think we'll see Porter start to really produce for the stretch run.

At least he was my 5th WR (we start four) in the only league I had him.

I saw the injury, and thought to myself, "Gee, I'm glad my ability to do what I love doing for a job isn't contingent upon my ability to keep some 250lb guy from crushing my knee/ankle." It made me sad to see a young player in the midst of a great season go down like that...but, then again it always does. I feel real badly for him...

Probably Doug Gabriel, who was showing promise early in the year before getting hurt. I think he's healthy again.

Too bad for Curry if he tore his Achilles. He's probably making the NFL minimum and was in line for a nice new contract...