[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is Denny Green Doing

giantsfan

They were 4-5 and playing well under McCown. Was he playing great? No, but he wasn't awful and they were winning. Then he puts in AWFUL King and they lose 2, and now he's sticking with AWFUL Navarre who was BAD in college at Michigan. He threw 4 ints against DETROIT. I just don't get it. Did he lose his mind. With McCown in there they would have won at least 1 more if not 2 more. And if they were even 5-7 instead of 4-8 they'd actually have an outside playoff chance in the BAD NFC.

They were 4-5 and playing well under McCown. Was he playing great? No, but he wasn't awful and they were winning. Then he puts in AWFUL King and they lose 2, and now he's sticking with AWFUL Navarre who was BAD in college at Michigan. He threw 4 ints against DETROIT. I just don't get it. Did he lose his mind. With McCown in there they would have won at least 1 more if not 2 more. And if they were even 5-7 instead of 4-8 they'd actually have an outside playoff chance in the BAD NFC.

595429[/snapback]

I agree. For a coach known for his offensive capabilities, what he's doing at the Cards is beyond me. :D

LOL. I didn't need to see yesterday to feel this way. I thought it was a HUGE mistake to go to King. Look at the facts we KNEW King was awful already, they were a respectable 4-5 which was right in the NFC playoff picture, and as I said above we KNEW Navarre was AWFUL in college so how would he be even okay in the pros? On top of that what we have now is a stubborness by Green IMO. It's the ONLY way this makes sense. I think he refuses to go back to McCown and admit he threw their season away with the bad QB moves. Plus Navarre has a finger injury as well. So AWFUL against Detroit and a bad finger and yet he still plays. Okay tell me that's smart.

Dear Cardinals Fans:

Welcome to the roller coaster ride of inept decision making, poor clock management, and terrible draft selections that make up your head coach, Dennis Green. Should you at some time during his tenure make the playoffs, be content to lose to every low seeded team that comes along, until by some fluke he manages to win a playoff game in spite of himself.

Also expect every player in the NFL who has torched Dennis Green in the past to find their way onto your team's roster at some time, with the eventuality of them starting. Exhibit #1, Shaun King, who lit up the VIkings in his only good game as an NFL QB when he played for the Bucs.

Keep in mind, if Richard Solomon isn't on the coaching staff yet, he soon will be. In that case, you can kiss your defense goodbye as well. Any ounce of talent you once had will soon be lost due to his miserable shortcomings as an NFL coach. Just pray he doesn't try to coach your secondary.

In closing, keep in mind that once you are fed up with coach Green, the good fans of Minnesota will gladly supply you with a suitable replacement. Mike Tice is reported to be very good with players and is a stand up guy, and will not be afraid to admit to his mistakes. Something your current coach has a knack of avoiding.

Sincerely,

A Vikings Fan

I'll say one thing in Green's defense though in response to the comments above. The man is usually a good regular season coach. He made the playoffs a lot in Minny, and made 2 NFC title games if I'm not mistaken. Terrible lose to Atlanta in Minny, and blow out loss to the Giants in NY, but he was a good regular season coach while there I think. Like you said I'd be shocked if he doesn't turn Zona into a playoff team. But he does make dumb decisions like you said, and will cost them big games because of it.

Edited by giantsfan