[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jackson Named Starter Next Week?

GoTs

News: According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams are leaning towards starting Steven Jackson (knee) again in Week 14 at Carolina. "I think at this point, we're going to go ahead and count on Steven starting provided he's healthy," coach Mike Martz said.

Analysis: Jackson suffered a bruised right knee late in the game but apparently is fine. Marshall Faulk (bruised left knee) will likely sit again. "We won't know, I think, until the end of the week where Marshall is," Martz said. "Marshall needs some time. So we're going to be as patient as we can and do the right thing by Marshall."

Don't be so sure, I suspect it will depend more on whether the Rams are in contention for a playoff spot, than youth movement next year. Once (if) Faulk is healthy I believe the RRBC approach will show itself again.

Don't be so sure, I suspect it will depend more on whether the Rams are in contention for a playoff spot, than youth movement next year. Once (if) Faulk is healthy I believe the RRBC approach will show itself again.

I agree. Even if Jackson continues to do well don't expect him to be running solo if Marshall is physically able to carry the rock.

Marshall a better player than Jackson right now? What does Faulk bring that Jackson doesn't?

1) He provides a breather for Jackson

2) He's Mike Martz's sentimental favorite.

3) Martz is a stubborn jack***.

I think between #'s 2 & 3 Faulk plays if he's healthy enough. I don't agree with it but it isn't my team either.

Is Marshall a better player than Jackson right now?  What does Faulk bring that Jackson doesn't?

596019[/snapback]

Not sure it really matters whether Jackson is the "better" back right now. Coaches generally will go with the veteran if they are able to perform. I would have to agree with you that Jackson is playing better than Faulk over the last 3-4 weeks and the increase in Jackson's playing time and use in the offense would bare that out, but that said, if Faulk is physically able to play he and Jackson will both be playing. The bigger question here, is "if" Faulk is physically able to perform. I think Faulk's stats over the last 4-5 weeks would indicate that he is not 100% or even close to that, he may have just run outta steam.