[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Somebody please help me sort this out

rajncajn

Actually, it is correct according to their rules.  Of course the division should be settled first, but if they aren't going to do that, you don't just nullify the win because they lost another game.  You advance in a three-way tie if you beat BOTH other teams, which they did. . .

595941[/snapback]

You only have a H2H advantage if you have swept all games against your opponents in a tie.

The rules say you have a H2H advantage over both opponents ... please explain exactly how they ahve a H2H advantage over team B?

You are going to tell me that the introduction of another team that team A defeated miracleously gives team A the H2H advantage he previously did NOT have over team B?

Your intrepretation could only be considered if the rules said a better "winning percentage" against the other teams in the tie ... it does NOT.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Three or More Clubs

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

595934[/snapback]

Although it should be settled as a divisional tie-breaker between the Teams A & B, that is not how they are interpreting the rule. The rule you quoted says it is applicable if one club has defeated each of the others. Team A has done that, beating teams B and C. Even though B also beat A in a divisional game, it does not matter. That would matter in the divisional standings, which I'm assuming by the other posts by rajn, they are not applying.

Edited by CaptainHook

rajn ... let us know how you rule ... I'm curious.

595969[/snapback]

I'm starting to lean towards just using points to break the tie. Even though that is technically not what our rules state, since our rule doesn't actually provide for this scenario I'm willing to make a judgement call as long as the majority agrees upon it. It does seem like the fairest & easiest way to determine the winner and would also place the Division winner as the #3 seed by happenstance.

Although it should be settled as a divisional tie-breaker between the Teams A & B, that is not how they are interpreting the rule.  The rule you quoted says it is applicable if one club has defeated each of the others.  Team A has done that, beating teams B and C.  Even though B also beat A in a divisional game, it does not matter.

595993[/snapback]

Actually, I think the fact that they also lost to the same team does matter. It is clearly not a sweep if they lost.

I'm starting to lean towards just using points to break the tie. Even though that is technically not what our rules state, since our rule doesn't actually provide for this scenario I'm willing to make a judgement call as long as the majority agrees upon it. It does seem like the fairest & easiest way to determine the winner and would also place the Division winner as the #3 seed by happenstance.

595995[/snapback]

Unfortunately, everyone else will be able to figure out what the seeds will end up as, and may well vote to their own advantage......this might be one of those cases where a commish needs to just be a commish.

I never said I agreed with their rule. But that's how you'd have to interpret it since they aren't applying the divisional tie-breaker first. The rule provided in Blitz's link DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO SWEEP. Only that you have to have beaten both other teams, which Team A has clearly done.

Edited by CaptainHook

I never said I agreed with their rule.  But that's how you'd have to interpret it since they aren't applying the divisional tie-breaker first.  The rule provided in Blitz's link DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO SWEEP.  Only that you have to have beaten both other teams, which Team A has clearly done.

596003[/snapback]

You didn't look very close ... IT'S CALLED HEAD TO HEAD SWEEP

OK, I think I've come up with the right scenario & so far I have agreement from most (Team A & B ).

First we will decide the tiebreaker between A & B. B wins so to decide the top seed we go to HTH B vs C. Both are div champs & C wins HTH making C the top seed. Now since B still owns the tiebreaker over A then B becomes the 2nd seed & A is the 3rd.

Edited by rajncajn

OK, I think I've come up with the right scenario & so far I have agreement from most (Team A & B ).

First we will decide the tiebreaker between A & B. B wins so to decide the top seed we go to HTH B vs C. Both are div champs & C wins HTH making C the top seed. Now since A still owns the tiebreaker over B then A becomes the 2nd seed & B is the 3rd.

596059[/snapback]

Okay ... can't possibly see how you got there and dropped B from the top seed to the bottom seed ... but it's your call.

Yes, that is the way to do it.

Decide the divisional winner first between A and B. Since they split, B wins on total points.

Then take B against C for top seed. Since C beat B, they are the top seed. B is #2. A is #3. Piece of cake. . .:D

Edited by CaptainHook

Re-read it. You replied before I could edit my screw up.

596069[/snapback]

You are the commissioner and it's obviously your call ... but I don't see where the rules allow you to make the intrepretation that you did ... but if the other teams in your league agree with what the hay.

If you are going to bring the fact that the teams are division champs into it ... then shouldn't B be the 2nd seed? You gave C the top seed because they were a division champ AND they defeated B ... also a division champ.

Then you decided to drop the division champ thing and go straight to H2H.

It looks to me like you are trying to find a way to make B the bottom seed.

He applied it just like the NFL would.  It is completely legit.

Divisional tiebreakers first, and then decide between divisional winners for top seeding.

596082[/snapback]

He did NOT.

The NFL would have looked at

Team A (8-5)

Team B (8-5) Division Champ

Team C (8-5) Division Champ

Team C is top seed having defeated Team B

Team B is 2nd seed being a division champ

Team A is 3rd seed being a wild card.

No Blitz.  Team A would be out of the equation because they lost their division.  There is no 3 way tie. . .

596102[/snapback]

Yes in the NFL that is true ... meaning A would be the 3rd seed NOT the second seed like rajn is going to do.

In anycase rajn said that their rules specifically don't allow for divisional winners to be seeded based on the fact that they won their division.