[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Hits

gilthorp

Yesterday was the first day all season that I was able to sit down and watch the NFL ticket with ZERO interruptions, and although I can't see myself ever being able to do this Sunday after Sunday after Sunday, it was great to see some huge hits as they happened.

The first hit was delivered to Barlow by LB Robert Thomas. Absolutely stuck.

The second big hit I saw was the punishing blow that Blalock took from a player on Oakland. He did return, but was looking a bit woozy on the sidelines most of the afternoon.

The third hit was dished out by John Lynch and was given to Jesse Chatman, and unfortunately, even though it's part of the game, I'm sure Lynch will get fined for that helmet to helmet blow.

The third hit was dished out by John Lynch and was given to Jesse Chatman, and unfortunately, even though it's part of the game, I'm sure Lynch will get fined for that helmet to helmet blow.

595843[/snapback]

First thing I thought of too. But I'm sure Lynch could give 2 you know whats.

I don't see how they fine Lynch for that hit.

The guy was spinning trying to break loose from another player when Lynch came in. I think Chatman even ducked his head down a little as he turned.

And that was a great hit.

595987[/snapback]

I thought I heard Nantz say that Lynch will get fined for that, then Simms said that you can do helmet-to-helmet...just not against the QB. Jacked Up on Countdown tonight should be one of the best ever.

I thought I heard Nantz say that Lynch will get fined for that, then Simms said that you can do helmet-to-helmet...just not against the QB.  Jacked Up on Countdown tonight should be one of the best ever.

595997[/snapback]

If the three I listed aren't in the top 5, I'd be surprised.

If the three I listed aren't in the top 5, I'd be surprised.

596010[/snapback]

There'll be at least one from the Steelers - Jaguars game as well.

And you can't helmet to helmet QB's or WR's, not sure about RB's, but I think it's the same.

Good article:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1453891.html

It is not as if the rules for excessive contact or illegal use of the helmet are new to the league, commissioner Paul Tagliabue points out. They were enacted in 1995 and have not been altered since. But there is now more emphasis on protecting so-called "defenseless" players, and on assuring that high-priced quarterbacks remain perpendicular, not prone.

That Blaylock hit was incredible. We were looking to see if his head was rolling around on the field.

596346[/snapback]

Yep, that was a crusher! B)

I didn't know if he was going to get up on his own after that pop. :D

Blaylock seems pretty tuff. It looked like the defenders helmet caught Blaylock on his chinstrap. Brutal hit! :D

That hit in the PIT-JAX game when the JAX punt returner chose not to call for a fair catch was pretty cool.

595880[/snapback]

That game was pure smashmouth football. Those guys were beating the pi$$ out of each other!