[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T Bell...

Avernus

Bell looked fantastic last week. Explosive, fantastic elusivness at full-speed, and simply looked like he was in a different class than Droughns, albeit a small sampling.

Based on the way he looked and RB displaying stone hands, I would imagine he will be starting in two weeks.

No way does he take over for Droughns unless Droughns gets injured. The reason he's not the man now is that he's just now learning the play book. Shanny won't throw a rookie in who doesn't know who to block.

That being said, I'm seriously debating dropping Droughns as a keeper because the future is clearly Bell next year.

For what it's worth: Shanahan to keep using Bell

Tatum Bell's expanded role as the No. 2 tailback Sunday in San Diego likely will continue.Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that Bell played well against the Chargers in the backup role to Reuben Droughns and will be used as a change of pace back to give Droughns some rest. Bell had seven caries for 31 yards, including a 16-yard touchdown run when the second-round draft pick displayed his speed.Bell has been slowed by injuries in his rookie season, but Sunday he got his chance to spell Droughns."You can see his speed and quickness," Shanahan said of Bell. "It was nice getting him some playing experience. He had a nice run there on the touchdown and a good cutback. He looked pretty good."Shanahan said having another option down the stretch will help everyone."We'll get a chance to take a little pressure off of Reuben," Shanahan said. "We still want him to get that 20 to 25 carries or somewhere in that area, and if you can a have guy that can go in and carry the ball anywhere from five to 10 times, you feel pretty good."I think they complement each other because Tatum is a guy that's got great speed, and he hits the hole pretty quick, too. Reuben is more of a north-and-south runner and can run over people, so I think it's a good combination."