[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones!

jesdpie

Depends on who the QB is, probably third round. To many proven RB's to go any higher than that.

597050[/snapback]

Second round at the lowest, as things stand now.

Remember two things - Dallas will need a passing threat (qv T Jones this year) and J Jones has fresh legs right now.

Well, I would be willing to bet that I won't end up with him at all. I am only in two leagues that are total redraft and I'm sure someone will jump at him higher than I am willing.

I'll take something with a little more of track record at this point based on that fact that someone will be looking very high at him.

i took him in the 3rd round of a redraft league this yr. i think i picked him as the number 3 overall rookie pick in dynasty league. in a keeper league i picked him first after declaring my 3 keepers, basically after 40 players were off the board with keepers. i like his potential alot. parcells usually knows rb's pretty well. where would i draft him next yr depends on alot of things. couldn't give an honest appraisal right now. i just want to ride him in my playoffs this yr. go julius.

Well, I would be willing to bet that I won't end up with him at all.  I am only in two leagues that are total redraft and I'm sure someone will jump at him higher than I am willing.

I'll take something with a little more of track record at this point based on that fact that someone will be looking very high at him.

597054[/snapback]

Skippy is dead on. I'd like to have the kid, but no way do I take him in the first 2 rounds, and I'm sure someone else will.

If he keeps this up, he's a pretty much a lock for the late 1st round next year I think. In a 12 team league, you'll have 9/10 RBs going in the 1st round. If he doesn't get hurt the remainder of the season, I can't see him not being ranked in the top 10 RBs next year.

The big thing is that the Boys have two #1 draft picks next spring.  They should be able to build in the offseason.  I don't care that Jones has fresh legs, his talent is undeniable.  This reminds me of the Boys building back in Emmitt's rookie year.

597257[/snapback]

They have the two 1st rounders plus more than $10 million to spend on free agents. JJ and Bill will without a doubt spend the money this year. Remember also that they have had alot of injuries, getting those player back for next year will also help.

They have the two 1st rounders plus more than $10 million to spend on free agents. JJ and Bill will without a doubt spend the money this year. Remember also that they have had alot of injuries, getting those player back for next year will also help.

597274[/snapback]

How many Cowboys are free agents this year? Any big ones that you have to focus on?

It is FAR FAR too early to speculate where he'll go. He's literally had TWO big games and that's it. That's not enough to go on in my book. Remember William Green's huge run down the stretch? Where is he now? I'm not saying that's what'll happen to JJ, we just need to see more. The fact that Dallas has some picks is good, but the QB situation is not good. I'll be thrilled if people start jumping on him in the top 5 next year, that means a reliable proven stud might still be around for me at a later pick.

Your right, two monstor games against the Bears and Seahawks are a nice start, but he'll need to finish the season strong for late 1st round consideration.

But in a three keeper league and looking at 11th or 12th pick, he's on my short list.

He definitely looked explosive but can he maintain over a 16-game season and is he durable enough? He's slight of frame and might not be able to take the big hits week in and week out. Otherwise, he's lightning quick and very fast to go along with good vision and balance. There were a handful of occasions last night where it looked like the Seahawks defenders were stuck in mud while Jones blazed right past them. I'll definitely keep an eye on him in next year's fantasy draft, but wouldn't take him ahead of guys with more proven track records.

Every end-of-season there's a RB who blazes onto the scene and causes owners to pick him WAYYYYYY too early the following season. ATrain two years ago, W.Green last year, Barlow this year, the list goes on.

Now, I own Julius and have high hopes for the kid, am not saying by any means he'll be a bust like those other guys (a lot depends on the Dallas QB situation), and am LOVING him as a starter option in my playoffs...but like someoine else said, it's far too early to put him in the top RB choices next year. Ditto Stephen Jackson.

Your right, two monstor games against the Bears and Seahawks are a nice start, but he'll need to finish the season strong for late 1st round consideration.

But in a three keeper league and looking at 11th or 12th pick, he's on my short list.

597301[/snapback]

I grabbed him from the WW twoweeks ago. I can keep him next year in the 8th. rd. and I think that's a steal. Hope he keeps it up, then I won't have to second guess it next year.

Julius Jones:

Let me go right out and say it--the kid looked very good the last two weeks and it looks like he's got a bright future.

However, these are two games, one on Thanksgiving against a very pourous Chicago D AND at home. Give him a good 11 days in between and play again on a national stage where everyone is pumped up and against a defense that looked very disinterested in tackling him.

I'd love to see what he does on the road in Philly and then again at home against the Skins....let's see as much of a body of work as we can.

You're all forgetting one thing that moves him up most draft boards.

Bill does not participate in RBBC. He likes having a go to guy and when he has one he runs him, over and over and over again.

As long as he stays healthy he will touch the ball at least 25 times a game.

And that stat alone has to make you at least consider him as a Top 10 RB.

Plus he's looking really, really good.

A lot of RB's have played Chicago & Seattle this year without doing what JJ has done against them.