[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones!

jesdpie

I love what Im seeing, but Im not sold enough to draft him any higher than 3rd round next yr. And even then Id probably pass until the 4th once I have 2 other Rbs and either a QB or WR already. Qbs will go higher in next yrs redraft imo, if you want a difference maker. There are a ton of solid RBs right now.

As long as he stays healthy he will touch the ball at least 25 times a game.

597598[/snapback]

Jrick, I appreciate the objectivity you bring to these message boards.

The "as long as he stays healthy" tag can be said for any good upside RB in the league.

If he can get 250-300 rushing attempts, the sky is the limit.

He did look incredible last night and I would guess with his quickness and moves he continues to do well through the remainder of the season. Maybe he is the real thing, but backs that start playing in the middle of the year have the advantage of not being banged up for over half the season.

After tonights performance i would take him in the top 5, but i'm not sure if he can be counted on, i'm thinking i'd take him as my 2nd RB perhaps late 2nd round???

He looked UNSTOPPABLE tonight, i'm amazed!

597032[/snapback]

He's a keeper in my league. One of the only strech pick ups that have come through.

You're all forgetting one thing that moves him up most draft boards.

Bill does not participate in RBBC. He likes having a go to guy and when he has one he runs him, over and over and over again.

As long as he stays healthy he will touch the ball at least 25 times a game.

And that stat alone has to make you at least consider him as a Top 10 RB.

Plus he's looking really, really good.

A lot of RB's have played Chicago & Seattle this year without doing what JJ has done against them.

597598[/snapback]

Very important point IMO - in his 3 starts, he has 30, 33 and 30 rushing attempts, and Parcells does have a track record of picking one RB and riding him. Like to see him catch a few passes too, but maybe he can work on that part of his game in the off-season.

I understand the reservations about hyping a guy too much after only two big games (30 for 81 yards against Baltimore doesn't qualify), but those of you talking about getting this guy in the 3rd and 4th rounds are misleading yourselves IMO. I guess it's impossible to evaluate at this point, everyhting will depend on what he does the balance of the season. But if the season ended now, I feel like I've seen enough to take this guy with a late second rounder, and perhaps even higher than that.

As a point of comparison, we saw Chris Brown go at least that high in this year's drafts and higher in several. Alot of that was because of his impressive pre-season, but certainly Jones has done more at the NFL level now than Brown had done coming into this season.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

I was just thinking about this subject earlier today. Fortunately I have him in a cover 7 league (along with McGahee who I had to ride all last season with).

Anyway, the word is in Dallas that while Jones was recovering from his shoulder injury that he worked his butt off doing any type of work, especially cardio, during that time. Big Bill was very impressed with how Jones has handled himself.

Vinnie sucks. Jones carried this team to Mondays victory nearly single handedly. The kid has a ton of carries in his 3 starts which indicates Bills confidence. His blocking has improved every week but his hands seem to be lacking. That was one of his talked about positive attributes. Once that gets worked out he should be a special back it seems. I know it's only a few games but what I have seen is better than what I saw out of Barlow or Green or Suggs last year. If Dallas had a good QB I think Jones could be a top 5 back next year. Bill will get him 20-25 carries a game and 30 carry games on an often basis will not be a surprise. A good back in Parcells offense will get goal line carries...what's not to be optimistic about here? Heck, Dallas has so many other concerns that I do not see them entertaining pulling in any back to compete with him at all.

Really, who do you all consider to be top RB picks for next year? This kid has to fall right about top 10 just based on what we have to go on so far. Health is always a question mark with players but I'm more willing to go with a young player than a 10 year guy if health concerns are an issue.

yes, he's not looking over his shoulder like dd is.

600614[/snapback]

While I will definitely concur that JJ looks real good, saying that DD is looking over his shoulder is a real reach at this point. What has the man done to have to look over his shoulder? Yes, he was hurt; and so was almost every top player at some point during the year. He's proven his worth to his team, and the coaching staff is showing that by the way they involve him in the game plan. As far as JJ is concerned, at this point in time in my keeper league he'll probably go late first to early second if I don't keep him.