[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vermeil seems more optimistic about Priest.

tmkeegan

VERMEIL: “Sure, uh huh.”

Q: Priest Holmes is out this week, right?

VERMEIL: “Uh huh.”

Q: He won’t play on Sunday?

VERMEIL: “No. He’s working out right now.”

Q: So Priest will be listed as out?

VERMEIL: “He’ll be listed as out.”

Q: Is he out for the year?

VERMEIL: “I don’t think so. The doctors have never told me that.”

This is from the Chiefs website

Cmon Priest! We need you back week 15! You can do it!

The Dick Vermeil Show

Dec 07, 2004, 7:04:55 AM

KCFX-FM

On Priest Holmes health:

VERMEIL: “I’m not sure. For a while I was positive he’d be back. Right now, I’m not 100% sure. The most important thing for me is that Priest Holmes gets 100% healthy before he plays regardless of what game it is or if at all. I’m going to meet with him tomorrow. I know he was in for rehab work today. It’s coming along a little slower than we’d like and a little slower than he’d like. He’s frustrated.

“The trouble is when someone gets hurt the season keeps right on going. We get on an airplane and travel and he feels left out. You were the pulse rate of that football team for three and a half years and you miss it. You feel left out but your knee isn’t ready. The best thing for Priest Holmes is to be patient and if in being patient he can play the last couple of games of the season without any concern then fine. If not, he can go sit out the rest of the season.”

It's official, Holmes out for week 14:

Priest Holmes is officially out for week 14 because of his knee injury.

All indications are that Holmes will not play again this season, although nothing is official yet. Holmes' injury problems should drop him off the top of draft list's next season. Dec. 7 - 11:17 am et

Source: Kansas City Star

Surging into the playoffs after trading for him at the deadline, and I was hoping he could provide enough of a spark for a competitive team through the playoffs.

Too bad--I only hope that the first time I've ever had him on a roster, I'll be able to use him as a keeper. Time will tell. :D

The Dick Vermeil Show

Dec 07, 2004, 7:04:55 AM

KCFX-FM

On Priest Holmes health:

VERMEIL: “I’m not sure. For a while I was positive he’d be back. Right now, I’m not 100% sure. The most important thing for me is that Priest Holmes gets 100% healthy before he plays regardless of what game it is or if at all. I’m going to meet with him tomorrow. I know he was in for rehab work today. It’s coming along a little slower than we’d like and a little slower than he’d like. He’s frustrated.

“The trouble is when someone gets hurt the season keeps right on going. We get on an airplane and travel and he feels left out. You were the pulse rate of that football team for three and a half years and you miss it. You feel left out but your knee isn’t ready. The best thing for Priest Holmes is to be patient and if in being patient he can play the last couple of games of the season without any concern then fine. If not, he can go sit out the rest of the season.”

597522[/snapback]

Just the fact that everyone- Holmes, Vermeil, etc. etc. keep throwing out the possibility of him not playing at all make you think he's done.

I mean look at Steve McNair- he's no certainty to play again this year, BUT his own statements were to the effect that sitting out the rest of the season was "not an option", etc. etc.

Too many negative vibes coming out of KC to think anything but that he'll not play again in 2004.

Edited by Marauders11