[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did anyone else find this NOT surprising?

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long until Pittman's name is mentioned?

597271[/snapback]

That's exactly what I thought when I heard the Boston news too. When they were with the Cardinals they both <cartmanvoice> "bulked up nicely" </cartmanvoice>. Yeah, big surprise on that news this week.

What's really surprising is that Sammy Sosa hasn't been caught. This guy was a freaking stick when he came into the league. By the late '90s, he looked like Hulk Hogan, his jaw had visiblly grown, and he was hitting 50-60 HRs/season. And after MLB imposed it's seroid-testing policy, he suddenly began using a corked bat and suffered a relatively serious back injury by sneezing.

What's really surprising is that Sammy Sosa hasn't been caught.  This guy was a freaking stick when he came into the league.  By the late '90s, he looked like Hulk Hogan, his jaw had visiblly grown, and he was hitting 50-60 HRs/season.  And after MLB imposed it's seroid-testing policy, he suddenly began using a corked bat and suffered a relatively serious back injury by sneezing.

597327[/snapback]

Just a matter of time. Baseball is a joke.

David Boston did steroids? No. Really? C'mon. No way. What would ever make you think that?

:D

597253[/snapback]

I'm shocked. Next you'll tell me 185 lb. Barry Bonds did them too. He. of course, didn't know he was taking them.:D

Don't forget that bumb Tony Mandairich.

Edited by Randall

One of my favorite stories about D Bos came from LT. In training camp after he signed with San Diego, Boston was walking around without his shirt off. LT said that when he saw him, he immediately wanted to go to the weight room and start lifting because he felt puny. Makes a little more sense now...

I'm shocked. Next you'll tell me 185 lb. Barry Bonds did them too. He. of course, didn't know he was taking them.:D

Don't forget that bumb Tony Mandairich.

597366[/snapback]

The topical cream that Bonds rubbed on was called "Home Run Cream" But he didn't know it had Roids in it.

Just a matter of time. Baseball is a joke.

597332[/snapback]

You think there's a sport where a large segment of the athletes don't try every possible edge available to them, legal or otherwise, in order to be the best?

As consumers of an entertainment product, why do we care what they take? If it makes them bigger stronger and faster and makes the spectacular that much more common, why not be in favor of it? It's not my body....

You think there's a sport where a large segment of the athletes don't try every possible edge available to them, legal or otherwise, in order to be the best?

As consumers of an entertainment product, why do we care what they take? If it makes them bigger stronger and faster and makes the spectacular that much more common, why not be in favor of it? It's not my body....

597665[/snapback]

Then label it as such. "For entertainment purposes only," or something.

I heard that the Grammatica brothers were on something too. They have been taking them for years, as you can probably tell by their muscular nature. Martin got them from Pittman, and Bill got them from Boston. That is why Bill blew his knee out celebrating. Those joint go through hell whhen you are taking 'roid!!s

597665[/snapback]

I don't think there is another major sport that does as little as baseball to police the use of steroids.

As far as a consumer goes, it makes everything less spectacular in my eyes. Anytime something amazing happens now in Baseball whether the athlete is clean or not I assume he's not. That has to suck for the actual athlete that is doing it the legit way and getting screwed in contracts by guys that are walking pharmacies. How is this supposed to entertain, inspire or do all the other things that go along with watching sports? To me it doesn’t.

I heard that the Grammatica brothers were on something too.  They have been taking them for years, as you can probably tell by their muscular nature.  Martin got them from Pittman, and Bill got them from Boston.  That is why Bill blew his knee out celebrating.  Those joint go through hell whhen you are taking 'roid!!s

597707[/snapback]

I think they were on estrogen.