[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Maurice Morris be the starter is Seattle

wiegie

I think SA will be gone. It seems like he is always saying he would prefer to play somewhere else(Miami most recently) and with them regressing I would imagine he will move on. To me Morris hasn't been that impressive in spot duty(only game I remember really watching him this year was the TB game). I doubt he will be the man next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see them draft someone. Lot's of talent at rb in this years draft. I imagine some of the Seattle homers would have a better read on this though.

To me Morris hasn't been that impressive in spot duty(only game I remember really watching him this year was the TB game). I doubt he will be the man next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see them draft someone. Lot's of talent at rb in this years draft. I imagine some of the Seattle homers would have a better read on this though.

597470[/snapback]

I didn't address this because it all hinges on who the coach is in my POV. If Homegrins stays, then Alexander will most likely go and Morris could very well be the starter. If he goes, then Alexander will most likely stay because of the money Allen will throw towards him and Morris will remain a backup.

However, I will agree that Morris has not been as impressive as it appeared he was going to be.

I'm not sure it matters who's coaching. Hasselbeck, Jones, and Hutchinson are all FAs. Jones and Hutchinson HAVE to be resigned, you probably need to take care of Hasselbeck as well.

Then there's that LB corp (or lack thereof) and the interior D-line.

Frankly, as shown all over the place, RBs can be found all over the place, I'm not sure it's a priority to give one, even Alexander, super top dollar without the rest of the puzzle in place.

Anybody want to venture on the odds that Alexander will be gone and Morris will be the starter in Seattle?

597440[/snapback]

And, in actually answering the question. Morris has wheels, but some have said Kerry Carter is actually the future.....

I'm not sure it matters who's coaching. Hasselbeck, Jones, and Hutchinson are all FAs. Jones and Hutchinson HAVE to be resigned, you probably need to take care of Hasselbeck as well.

Then there's that LB corp (or lack thereof) and the interior D-line.

Frankly, as shown all over the place, RBs can be found all over the place, I'm not sure it's a priority to give one, even Alexander, super top dollar without the rest of the puzzle in place.

597749[/snapback]

I agree that Jones and Hutchinson are more important.

Hutchinson my friends is under contract past this season. THe 3 major free agents are Hasselbeck, Alexander and of course W. Jones. We can'st sign all of them because that wouldn't leave any money for Kenny Lucas and some FAs. The big problem here is that Alexander is leading the league in rushing and can basically ask for anything he wants, and somebody is going to give it to him. Another factor is that with Hass not playing as well as advertised, he may not warrant as much money as we thought. --- I would bet a large sum of money that Alexander gets the franchise tag, Hasselbeck signs a deal slightly cheaper than Penningtons, and Walter Jones is gone.

Personally I would let Alexander go and draft a back in the 1st, possibly even the second if there's some depth in the draft. If Alexander plays this well in a contract year, and we franchise him, isn't next year a contract year as well...and the next......I could get used to Shaun running this hard.