[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Disasters

can anyone recall complete disasters in recent years( a play...an unexpected benching or start) that have sent your team into a tailspin?

two for me over the last two years

last year riding a 3 game winning streak..lost a game by .6 when John Kasay missed an extra point

this year while also riding a 3 game winning streak..darrell jackson decided to go off on Arizona when I think every owner in the world had benched him...this really killed my momentum..but my team actually picked it up and im fine

but those are the kind of things that really piss me off and make me not read a *** thing about fantasy football news for weeks

This year I benched Jerry Porter at the last minute in favor of Randy Moss when I KNEW he was only going in to keep the starting streak alive! Moss played a few plays and Porter scored 13 by our rules ( I lost by 6). I was 4-2 at the time and playing pretty good. Since then, I've gone 3-5 and have looked bad doing it.

I needed 25.3 points going in to the Monday night game in week 8 with the Jets. Curtis Martin was cruising along with 115 rushing yds, 13 passing yds, and a touchdown with a quarter and a half to go. At this point he had scored me 24.55 points. Of course you all know the story. The Jets sat CuMar the rest of the way and I lost by .75 pts!

What is killing me is the benching of Kurt Warner!

E. Manning is not ready and teams are taking advantage of the rookie being in there and it is KILLING TIKI!!!!!!!

Yah- I have Tiki and I need him for a strong run in the playoffs, but the match ups don't look good and it doesn't look like brother Manning will get things going for the Giants.

You guys are being ridiculous. A "tailspin" for a fantasy football team? Only if you're hammered by injuries or you are a crappy GM.

Tailspins, IMO, are generally due to a loss of will on the part of the players or the coaching staff losing the players. Fantasy teams don't have chemistry or momentum or emotions. We just play at being GMs and have no control over such things.

Two games that still irritate me.

K. Collins first start, I think Houston, I bench my starter and plug him in looking for the big points. He finishes the day with -1 points. I lose by 8. Oh, and to make matters worse, it's a division rival, and the worse team in the league

J. Lewis. Fighting for a playoff spot, Lewis goes on on what the first or second play. I spot my opponent a RB and lose by 6 points.

I've recovered since then with wavier wire pickups of J. Jones, Pittman, Griese, and a good trade for Brandon Stokley.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

What is killing me is the benching of Kurt Warner!

E. Manning is not ready and teams are taking advantage of the rookie being in there and it is KILLING TIKI!!!!!!!

Yah- I have Tiki and I need him for a strong run in the playoffs, but the match ups don't look good and it doesn't look like brother Manning will get things going for the Giants.

598348[/snapback]

yup that one move may hert me bad this year :D:D

You guys are being ridiculous. A "tailspin" for a fantasy football team? Only if you're hammered by injuries or you are a crappy GM.

Tailspins, IMO, are generally due to a loss of will on the part of the players or the coaching staff losing the players. Fantasy teams don't have chemistry or momentum or emotions. We just play at being GMs and have no control over such things.

598545[/snapback]

While you may have a point, however I think I can attest to 'FF tailspinning'.

Was red hot. Leading my division. Lost by .15 points. Went on a 3 game losing streak. No matter who I played, who I dropped/picked up, or how much I researched, I could not stop losing. It happens.

Went to no Monday's off. Yelled and screamed and threw things. Told the studs they were hamburger and that I was going to give them to the team that had no chance whatsoever of making the playoffs. They got off their butts and I finally got a win.

Now I am in the playoffs.

Sometimes, Chavez, you do what you gotta do to get out of a funk. :D

Edited by skylive5

God, I can' remember the year...

But a few years ago, I had Herman Moore and Scott Mitchel as my QB. I was KILLING teh league, those two were an unstopable duo and I was clear front runner to win it all.

Then Wayne Fontes benced Mitchel one game he was having a hard time in. That led to the infamous Scott Mitchell-Wayne Fontes imatation at the press conference and he got benched again. My team never recovered, soon after a slew of injuries hit me and I barely limped into the playoffs, losign the championship game by 4 points.

I was playing the current #1 team in our league back in Week 2. I had McNabb playing to finish off the week in the MNF game that night.

In the waning moments of the game, under one minute, Culpepper is trying to bring the Vikes back. At this point, I am tied with my opponent and I win the tie-breaker.

Feeling good that I have notched a win at this point...Culpepper throws an INT. With 33 seconds left in the game...on comes Culpepper. I'm in shock as I realize what he is about to do, he takes the knee, -1 yard rushing, I lose a point. ARGH! Went on a three game slide after that. Now I've clawed my way back to #2, but two games behind the #1 team. Oh well, it happens.