[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago Bears fans

Krenzel place on Injured Reserve

:D:DB):D

Krenzel placed on injured reserveDecember 7, 2004CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago Bears quarterback Craig Krenzel went on injured reserve Tuesday with an ankle injury and will miss the rest of the season.Chad Hutchinson replaced the injured Krenzel as the starter last week, leading the Bears (5-7) to a 24-14 win over the Minnesota Vikings.Krenzel was 5-of-10 for 46 yards when he said someone fell on him at the end of a 2-yard run in the second quarter of the Nov. 25 game against Dallas. Jonathan Quinn took over and completed 10-of-21 passes for 86 yards with two interceptions as the Bears lost 21-7.Krenzel, a fifth-round pick from Ohio State, finishes his rookie season at 59-of-127 for 718 yards, with three touchdown passes and six interceptions. He was sacked 23 times.

If starting Hutch is the best news you have to date, I'm glad I didn't have your year. :D

599805[/snapback]

B) We'll try and use some of the Krenzel fan logic here. "Hutch knows how to win. He just goes out there and does his job. He's a winner and it reflects upon the other players on the field". :D

:D We'll try and use some of the Krenzel fan logic here.  "Hutch knows how to win.  He just goes out there and does his job.  He's a winner and it reflects upon the other players on the field".  :D

599819[/snapback]

did not Krenzel lead you to a winning record as well in the games he started?

Does any of this mean that Thomas Jones might find the end zone some time in the foreseeable future?  Say, in week 14 against the Jags?

599859[/snapback]

Last week, the OC Terry Shea turned over the RB relief calls on to the RB's coach and will most likely let him do that again. Despite what HC Smith says about having a "starter" and having a "backup", I take that statement with a grain of salt. The offense has always been in the hands of Shea, and just last week he delegated the rotation calls to one of his coaches.

I would think it's very slim pickings for Thomas Jones this week, but that's JMO.