[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message to Priest>

RAMROCK

If you really care about your fantasy football fans, tell us that you won't be back this season, I don't mind you being out because I now have my rb roster in order but I have until tommorrow to drop your butt and pick up some wr help.

It's a simple question to you Priest, not vermail or anyone else.

please tell us

WILL YOU PLAY ANYMORE THIS SEASON?

Ramrock

From Yesterday's Press Conference:

Q: How did RB Priest Holmes do in his most recent workout?

VERMEIL: “Not as good as I’d like to see. He didn’t feel as good about it as I had hoped he would. The recovery rate and rehabilitation time is different for every individual. The original was two to four weeks. We’re at four weeks and I don’t think he’s anywhere close to being ready to play. Is he going to be ready to play in two weeks? I don’t know. I don’t want Priest Holmes to feel pressure, because the most important thing is that he heals properly so he can come back and be 100 percent next year. If it means sitting out all of them and that’s the best thing to do, then that’s exactly what we’ll do. But obviously he isn’t ready to play after four weeks.”

Q: In terms of personality, is Priest Holmes unique?

VERMEIL: “He’s unique in terms of ability. And he’s unique in terms of a personality profile. But that’s what makes him special. I can picture him standing next to me at the podium talking to the whole football team and explaining to them how important it is we play this week and handing out those ‘Keep the Faith’ shirts after losing three in a row. He’s a unique guy and he cares deeply. He feels bad. For awhile there he was almost in a state of semi-depression of not being able to play and it made him realize how much he really missed playing. And how much he appreciated the opportunity to play. He’s a little deeper than most.”

Q: Is he still in that state?

VERMEIL: “I haven’t talked to him this week. I talked to him last week and I thought he was in a pretty good frame of mind. I didn’t sense that last week at this time that he was pretty much on track to knowing his progress. I think he may be a little disappointed know from talking to Keith Abrams, who handles the physical rehab down in the weight room, as to where he is right now.”

Vermeil's PC

Another- from "The Dick V" Show:

On Priest Holmes health:

VERMEIL: “I’m not sure. For a while I was positive he’d be back. Right now, I’m not 100% sure. The most important thing for me is that Priest Holmes gets 100% healthy before he plays regardless of what game it is or if at all. I’m going to meet with him tomorrow. I know he was in for rehab work today. It’s coming along a little slower than we’d like and a little slower than he’d like. He’s frustrated.

“The trouble is when someone gets hurt the season keeps right on going. We get on an airplane and travel and he feels left out. You were the pulse rate of that football team for three and a half years and you miss it. You feel left out but your knee isn’t ready. The best thing for Priest Holmes is to be patient and if in being patient he can play the last couple of games of the season without any concern then fine. If not, he can go sit out the rest of the season.”

DV Show

I'll bet that if he really does know that answer he would tell us.  However, I'd bet the same amount that the KC organization would have a gag order put on Priest if he did want to "leak" information like that at this time.

598988[/snapback]

You mean like last week on his website when he talked about not being able to finish the season, then a few hours later that line was gone.

From Yesterday's Press Conference:

Q: How did RB Priest Holmes do in his most recent workout?

VERMEIL: “The recovery rate and rehabilitation time is different for every individual. The original was two to four weeks. We’re at four weeks and I don’t think he’s anywhere close to being ready to play. Is he going to be ready to play in two weeks? I don’t know. I don’t want Priest Holmes to feel pressure, because the most important thing is that he heals properly so he can come back and be 100 percent next year. If it means sitting out all of them and that’s the best thing to do, then that’s exactly what we’ll do.”

599096[/snapback]

That sounds quite a bit different from what Carl Peterson said last week.

Given that and what Priest said on his web site last week (before he was forced to "edit" it), I give him a 50/50 chance of playing the last two games. I also think that his knee injury is more serious than what the Chiefs' organization has told us.