[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In Response To Ugly Tuna's "Who Wins the AFC..."

Menudo

I love how the arrogant Patriots fans are claiming that Pittsburgh at New England is the most likely scenario. As of right now, it would be New Enland at Pittsbugh IF both teams make it past their first opponent. However, the Pats fans just assume that the Steelers will lose more of their remaining games than the Pats.

Patriots fans arrogance is un-matched. I love how well the Steelers have done this year, but am I at all sure if they will win home-field advantage, be in the AFC Championship game, or the Super Bowl, absolutely not.

2 things...

1) Don't lump us all in with Ugly Tuna. We're not all supremely arrogant.

2) The Steelers play a much tougher schedule than the Pats do. They are both very good teams, and anybody can lose on any given Sunday. It is more likely that a tough schedule will bite you in the butt than playing a bunch of weak teams, save @ the Jets.

I love how the arrogant Patriots fans are claiming that Pittsburgh at New England is the most likely scenario.  As of right now, it would be New Enland at Pittsbugh IF both teams make it past their first opponent.  However, the Pats fans just assume that the Steelers will lose more of their remaining games than the Pats. 

Patriots fans arrogance is un-matched.  I love how well the Steelers have done this year, but am I at all sure if they will win home-field advantage, be in the AFC Championship game, or the Super Bowl, absolutely not.

599571[/snapback]

Belichick has never lost to the same team twice in one season. There is no way the Steelers can win at the razor. Can it happen...sure...any team can win? But odds are right now the Pats are unbeatable at home.

Mike and the Mad Dog (in NY) have talked some many times that the Steelers could never win @ NE. They also give NE the best chances to win at Pittsburgh then any other team. As a Steeler fan, i'm sure playing NE can only make your stomach turn. Remember Dillon didn't play that in Steeler lost. Plus two quick turnovers dug them in a grave.

Please note, Cowher just sucks in the post season. Case in point 2001'

Anyways, the matchup will be fun and exciting to watch.

Ugly :D Tuna

Uglytuna = UglyChickensh.t for listing only those two.

I'd say it in that post, but I guess you gotta vote first.

Colts are gonna get past NE this year.  There, I said it.

599603[/snapback]

I think the post is locked period. Don't know why.

Looks like the folks at ESPN agree with NE being the top team in the league.  How can ESPN be so arrogant?

Look Here

Ugly :D Tuna

599615[/snapback]

Funny how you bring that up this week, considering the Steelers were # 1 the past 6 or 7 weeks.

2 things...

1) Don't lump us all in with Ugly Tuna.  We're not all supremely arrogant.

2)  The Steelers play a much tougher schedule than the Pats do.  They are both very good teams, and anybody can lose on any given Sunday.  It is more likely that a tough schedule will bite you in the butt than playing a bunch of weak teams, save @ the Jets.

599577[/snapback]

1) word

2) word

2 things...

2)  The Steelers play a much tougher schedule than the Pats do.  They are both very good teams, and anybody can lose on any given Sunday.  It is more likely that a tough schedule will bite you in the butt than playing a bunch of weak teams, save @ the Jets.

599577[/snapback]

1) Agreed

2) Agreed

3) Pats also were without Dillon, Branch and Law.

1) Agreed

2) Agreed

3) Pats also were without Dillon, Branch and Law.

599799[/snapback]

Were the Pats without Dillon, Branch, and Law.......I've only heard that excuse from EVERY Patriot fan I come across.

The Steelers have had injuries to Kendall Simmons (Starting Guard), Plaxico Burress, Duce Staley, Kendrell Bell, Chad Scott (Starting CB), Casey Hampton, amongst otheres. Point is EVERY TEAM has injuries, but not every fan uses them as excuses. Why can't teams sometimes just get beat because they weren't as good on that particular day ?????

Were the Pats without Dillon, Branch, and Law.......I've only heard that excuse from EVERY Patriot fan I come across.

The Steelers have had injuries to Kendall Simmons (Starting Guard), Plaxico Burress, Duce Staley, Kendrell Bell, Chad Scott (Starting CB), Casey Hampton, amongst otheres.  Point is EVERY TEAM has injuries, but not every fan uses them as excuses.  Why can't teams sometimes just get beat because they weren't as good on that particular day ?????

599820[/snapback]

You've heard that excuse because it's a very good one. You know there are no viable excuses when people start reaching and coming up with 12 different reasons why a team lost.

Did they have those injuries when they played the Pats? I distinctly recall Burress and Staley having large impacts on the game.

It's obvious that the Pats weren't as good on that day, but a huge part of the reason why they weren't was that they didn't have their pro-bowl RB and CB in the lineup. Not sure if you've noticed, but Kevin Faulk is a HUGE step down from Dillon - the Pats are a different offensive team when the latter is in the lineup.

My overall opinion - I think PIT is a slightly better overall team right now b/c their D is intact and healthy (at least relatively speaking). Their O clearly leaves much to be desired, but they play smart and don't make mistakes. It'll be a great game if they meet up again.

why is the orignal post locked?

599852[/snapback]

Probably because the huddles biggest jackass didn't want to get ripped for posting a stupid question.

In other words, he's a big Rosie O'Donnell.

Of course I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Belichick has never lost to the same team twice in one season. 

599597[/snapback]

He sure did lose to teams twice in same season, but it was back before he was a genius: :D

Clev 1991 - to Oilers

Clev 1993 - to Oilers

Clev 1994 - to Steelers (3x including playoff game)

Clev 1995 - to Steelers and Jags

NE 2000 - to Jets and Fins

I like the COLTS.

Sure, there the odds are against little INDY winning one.

Pats are defending champs and could have home field.

Steelers have a great "D" and coudl have home field.

There are tons and tons of PATS and PITT fans.

I am sure Patriot and Steeler homers outnumber Indy homers

4-1....5-1...something large.

I will stick with the underdog. The quality team led by quality guys.

Polian/Dungy/Manning. Maybe nice guys finish FIRST for once.

There is no way the Steelers can win at the razor.  Can it happen...sure...any team can win?

Remember Dillon didn't play that in Steeler lost.  Plus two quick turnovers dug them in a grave.

599597[/snapback]

Ok, who has the idiot-English dictionary?

Ooooooooohkay, settle down, menudo. :D

Ugly Tuna is the only Pats fan I can think of on this board who is typically guilty of a bit too much antagonistic, homer-inspired blabbering. I like his zeal for the Pats and I really do think he's a big fan, but his posts often even rub me the wrong way, so I can imagine how they annoy the sh*t out of the rest of you. But from what I've seen here over the years, we Pats fans are a relatively mild mannered bunch overall, I'd say, and usually engage in good-natured smacktalk with our Colt, Steeler and other "enemy" homers. So, bad call on the blanket statements about us all being "arrogant." :D Confident, yes, and feeling good about our chances again this year, but not unrealistic about there being a few other legit contenders in the AFC...and not arrogant, I don't think, because we've seen too many dismal years to forget that fortunes can change. Frankly, I'd say there are far more arrogant/yappy/bigmouth fans in here whose team(s) don't have a couple SB rings the last few years, yet act like they do. Just my 2¢...

MSaint: Loved your book and all, and I do know some nice Boston sports fans around here, but I am going to have to disagree with your post. Yall are responsible for bringing us the likes of Teddy Kennedy, Michael Dutaxus, and John Kerry. Up until a month ago, yall were the biggest bunch of self-pitying losers because your beloved Red Sox choked every year. And yall talk funny. Very funny! Throw ugly tuna breath into the mix, and you guys are pretty easy to hate..

"we'all" talk funny? :D

kerry, kennedy, dukakis?...not fans of them myself, have nothing to do with football.

red sox?...huge fan, has nothing to do with football.

menudo's post was about Pats fans being "arrogant," which was pretty far off-base. no politics. no other sports. just football. but nice head-fake trying to change the subject, though...:D

You know what is truley remarkable? Any team winning 26 of the last 27 games.  There I said it..........

599620[/snapback]

Ahhhhh, but the fact relevant to this thread is that that the game that they lost was to the Pittsburgh Steelers, and quite a bad loss at that.

2 things...

599577[/snapback]

1) You are correct that not all Pats fans are supremely arrogant, but I submit that you deserve to be so lumped. :D

2) You are correct.

He sure did lose to teams twice in same season, but it was back before he was a genius: :D

Clev 1991 - to Oilers

Clev 1993 - to Oilers

Clev 1994 - to Steelers (3x including playoff game)

Clev 1995 - to Steelers and Jags

NE 2000 - to Jets and Fins

599966[/snapback]

Please don't post quotes when they are from UT. He is harder to ignore that way, but I do not want him banned. I want to be clear about that.

Drafting him to represent the Huddle in Iraq would be OK though.