[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In Response To Ugly Tuna's "Who Wins the AFC..."

Menudo

You know what is truley remarkable? Any team winning 26 of the last 27 games.  There I said it..........

Ugly :D Tuna

599620[/snapback]

Ugly Tuna says a lot of things...most of them worthy of minimal attention!!

You are still the Foolio!! :D

(It's a shame that the Pats, who are a team I really have nothing for or against, have to suffer in my mind because of the blathering of one clod.)

Edited by kraftykraft

Belichick has never lost to the same team twice in one season.  There is no way the Steelers can win at the razor.  Can it happen...sure...any team can win?  But odds are right now the Pats are unbeatable at home.

Mike and the Mad Dog (in NY) have talked some many times that the Steelers could never win @ NE.  They also give NE the best chances to win at Pittsburgh then any other team.  As a Steeler fan, i'm sure playing NE can only make your stomach turn.  Remember Dillon didn't play that in Steeler lost.  Plus two quick turnovers dug them in a grave.

Please note, Cowher just sucks in the post season.  Case in point 2001'

Anyways, the matchup will be fun and exciting to watch.

Ugly :D Tuna

599597[/snapback]

You stated above that "Belechick has never lost to the same team twice in one season"

That is simply not true.

You said Belichick NEVER lost to the same team twice:

As the head coach of Cleveland he lost to the following teams multiple times in the same season:

11/17/91 - L 24-28 to Houston Oilers

12/25/91 - L 14- 17 to Houston Oilers

11/21/93 - L 20-27 to Houston Oilers

12/12/93 - L 17-19 to Houston Oilers

9/11/94- L 10-17 to Pittsburgh Steelers

12/18/94 - L 7-17 to Pittsburgh Steelers

1/7/95 - L 9-29 to Pittsburgh Steelers (playoff game)

11/13/95 - L 3-20 to Pittsburgh Steelers

11/26/95 - L 17-20 to Pittsburgh Steelers

Edited by max

Ooooooooohkay, settle down, menudo. :D

Ugly Tuna is the only Pats fan I can think of on this board who is typically guilty of a bit too much antagonistic, homer-inspired blabbering. I like his zeal for the Pats and I really do think he's a big fan, but his posts often even rub me the wrong way, so I can imagine how they annoy the sh*t out of the rest of you. But from what I've seen here over the years, we Pats fans are a relatively mild mannered bunch overall, I'd say, and usually engage in good-natured smacktalk with our Colt, Steeler and other "enemy" homers. So, bad call on the blanket statements about us all being "arrogant." :D Confident, yes, and feeling good about our chances again this year, but not unrealistic about there being a few other legit contenders in the AFC...and not arrogant, I don't think, because we've seen too many dismal years to forget that fortunes can change. Frankly, I'd say there are far more arrogant/yappy/bigmouth fans in here whose team(s) don't have a couple SB rings the last few years, yet act like they do. Just my 2¢...

600408[/snapback]

Sorry MSaint, it was an angry reaction. Of course not all of you are arrogant. I apologize for that blanket statement. I am just frustrated with MOST Pats fans that I have coming across brushing off the loss to the Steelers due to the fact that they had injuries. The Steelers had some major injuries too. That was where my frustration came from. Sorry.

I love how the arrogant Patriots fans are claiming that Pittsburgh at New England is the most likely scenario.  As of right now, it would be New Enland at Pittsbugh IF both teams make it past their first opponent.  However, the Pats fans just assume that the Steelers will lose more of their remaining games than the Pats. 

Patriots fans arrogance is un-matched.  I love how well the Steelers have done this year, but am I at all sure if they will win home-field advantage, be in the AFC Championship game, or the Super Bowl, absolutely not.

599571[/snapback]

Hey I've talked to arrogant Steeler fans who think they already won the SB. And you shouldn't even be talking about who plays who and where in the playoffs. Worry about the Jets this weekend as the Pats and their fans are concerned about the Bungles. The only arrogant Pat fan i've seen in here is Tuna. Over confidence breeds arrogance.

MSaint:  Loved your book and all, and I do know some nice Boston sports fans around here, but I am going to have to disagree with your post.  Yall are responsible for bringing us the likes of Teddy Kennedy, Michael Dutaxus, and John Kerry.  Up until a month ago, yall were the biggest bunch of self-pitying losers because your beloved Red Sox choked every year.  And yall talk funny.  Very funny!  Throw ugly tuna breath into the mix, and you guys are pretty easy to hate..

600421[/snapback]

Politics and football shouldn't belong in the same thread. Get the political BS outta here.

Ooooooooohkay, settle down, menudo. :D

Ugly Tuna is the only Pats fan I can think of on this board who is typically guilty of a bit too much antagonistic, homer-inspired blabbering. I like his zeal for the Pats and I really do think he's a big fan, but his posts often even rub me the wrong way, so I can imagine how they annoy the sh*t out of the rest of you. But from what I've seen here over the years, we Pats fans are a relatively mild mannered bunch overall, I'd say, and usually engage in good-natured smacktalk with our Colt, Steeler and other "enemy" homers. So, bad call on the blanket statements about us all being "arrogant." :D Confident, yes, and feeling good about our chances again this year, but not unrealistic about there being a few other legit contenders in the AFC...and not arrogant, I don't think, because we've seen too many dismal years to forget that fortunes can change. Frankly, I'd say there are far more arrogant/yappy/bigmouth fans in here whose team(s) don't have a couple SB rings the last few years, yet act like they do. Just my 2¢...

600408[/snapback]

Could not have been said better. Do you think I could call you when my wife and I get in an argument? You could argue my points for me.

You have to admit, with Corey Dillion, it would have been a different game.

601023[/snapback]

Anyone else not impressed with the Pats didn't have Dillon argument?

Here is what Dillon had done against PIT in his first 7 seasons.

'97 19/78

'98 23/99

'99 16/78

23/120

'00 15/36

23/128 2td

'01 19/64

21/91

'02 17/57 1 td

19/60 2 td

'03 7/26

10/48

Granted Dillon played on a horrible Bengals team however when the Bungals finally started to look halfway decent (last year) look at his numbers. The only thing that salvaged his game against PIT in '03 and '02 are the td's. It seems to me that for the most part PIT knows how to stop Dillon. He didn't exactly light up the Steelers every time they played.

Would Dillon have helped the Pats against the Steelers, yes, but would he have changed the entire outcome of the game ... probably not!

Respect, yes, give up, no ...

They outran the Pats and Eagles by over 400 yds ... I believe they are/were pretty confident in their stopping of the running game. Plus, they are used to Dillon's style of play even if it is with a new team.

Like I said, Dillon would have helped the Pats but not made up for the turnovers ... the outcome would have been the same.

You stated above that "Belechick has never lost to the same team twice in one season"

That is simply not true. 

You said Belichick NEVER lost to the same team twice:

As the head coach of Cleveland he lost to the following teams multiple times in the same season:

11/17/91 - L 24-28  to Houston Oilers

12/25/91 - L 14- 17 to Houston Oilers

11/21/93 - L 20-27 to Houston Oilers

12/12/93 - L 17-19 to Houston Oilers

9/11/94- L 10-17 to Pittsburgh Steelers

12/18/94 - L 7-17 to Pittsburgh Steelers

1/7/95 - L 9-29 to Pittsburgh Steelers (playoff game)

11/13/95 - L 3-20 to Pittsburgh Steelers

11/26/95 - L 17-20 to Pittsburgh Steelers

600883[/snapback]

Is there an echo in here?? :D

Sorry  MSaint, it was an angry reaction.  Of course not all of you are arrogant.  I apologize for that blanket statement.  I am just frustrated with MOST Pats fans that I have coming across brushing off the loss to the Steelers due to the fact that they had injuries.  The Steelers had some major injuries too.  That was where my frustration came from.  Sorry.

600982[/snapback]

No worries, menudo. It's all good football talk. :D And I agree with you re: Steeler injuries...the Pats have been hit hard, no doubt, but people often overlook the fact that PIttsburgh has also lost something like 6-7 players who began camp as starters this season.

but people often overlook the fact that PIttsburgh has also lost something like 6-7 players who began camp as starters this season.

601314[/snapback]

Perhaps because some of those injuries actually helped - we are a better team without Maddox and Scott as starters.

Perhaps because some of those injuries actually helped - we are a better team without Maddox and Scott as starters.

601337[/snapback]

And by that you mean, "I'm in love with that handsome devil, Tom Brady." Squeegie, you're so transparent. :D:D

The only arrogant Pat fan i've seen in here is Tuna.  Over confidence breeds arrogance.

600992[/snapback]

:D There are others, such as forever in debt to mo lewis or Finger. :D

Edited by Big John