[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indy will win it all this year because...

Jrick35

The much maligned Indy Defense is actually jelling into a fairly stingy unit.

This defense has moved up to 11th overall in the Aikman Efficiency ratings.

And Since giving up 45 points against KC in the last game in October the Defense has allowed only a respectable 8 TDs over the last 20 quarters played. And nearly half of those came in 1 Quarter last week when Tenn was playing as if they were down 21 points with only 2 minutes to go in the Super Bowl.

Take out that quarter and the Defense has only given up 5 TD's in the other 19 quarters since the KC Game.

And even in the Tenn game they made a couple of adjustments on defense and after giving up 24 points in the 1st quarter they held Tenn scoreless over the last 3 quarters.

With the Offense firing on all cylinders like it has all season, and the Defense playing very well, I am predicting a Colts Super Bowl Victory for this year.

Go Colts!!

They're definite underdogs in games @ NE or @ Pitts where not only do they have to defend against teams that'll pound the rock, but they have to score against teams with top defensive schemes and players in adverse weather conditions that'll definitely slow down the Colts offense. The Colts have been very fortunate this year in playing all their games in doors, under sunny skies, or without heavy wind or precipitation. The only cold weather city was Chicago where the conditions were pretty good on that day. They caught NE and KC before the weather turned cold.

Two cold weather Colts playoff games in recent memory include their 24-14 loss to NE in 2003 and their 41-0 drubbing to NYJ in 2002. A sloppy field and/or wind, rain, or snow will slow down Manning & Co. more than any D.

The much maligned Indy Defense is actually jelling into a fairly stingy unit.

This defense has moved up to 11th overall in the Aikman Efficiency ratings.

And Since giving up 45 points against KC in the last game in October the Defense has allowed only a respectable 8 TDs over the last 20 quarters played. And nearly half of those came in 1 Quarter last week when Tenn was playing as if they were down 21 points with only 2 minutes to go in the Super Bowl.

Take out that quarter and the Defense has only given up 5 TD's in the other 19 quarters since the KC Game.

And even in the Tenn game they made a couple of adjustments on defense and after giving up 24 points in the 1st quarter they held Tenn scoreless over the last 3 quarters.

With the Offense firing on all cylinders like it has all season, and the Defense playing very well, I am predicting a Colts Super Bowl Victory for this year.

Go Colts!!

599754[/snapback]

I mentioned this after the TG game. They are a team to look out for.

Unfortunately for the AFC teams, Philly will practically be on bye until the Superbowl, while the AFC teams will be knocking the stuffing out of each other and be a bit beat up for the championship game.

A sloppy field and/or wind, rain, or snow will slow down Manning & Co. more than any D.

599853[/snapback]

An excellent point, and right on the money. I didn't consider it in another post when I said the Colts get all the way this year.

Manning is the best QB of this generation, EASY, but bad weather can plague them.

In Indy (won't happen of course), Indy might even be favored by the bookies, 'cuz I don't think they can be stopped. In Pitt or NE, in GOOD weather, I think that offense won't be stopped enough. Pittsburgh definitely does not have the O to come back from 14-21 down. NE maybe has it, and they definitely have the "psych" factor against the colts, but I think not this year.

Indy is CRUSHING everyone in their path. I just can't believe they are gonna drop to 7 or 10 points against anyone.

I'll put it here, for all to see. Indy wins it's first playoff game by 21 points, it's second by 14, regardless of opponent. That freakin' offense is that good.

I would love to see that high powered offensive win the super bowl...but I just can't see them beating the Pats in the playoffs...or the Steelers for that matter...

600043[/snapback]

I agree with alex and scrambled....I just don't see them beating NE. The Steelers also present some problems if they face them as well.

Indy...........outdoors............postseason................LOSS!!

Great team, but they have slim to no shot of beating Pittsburg or New England on the road in the elements. No chance of beating them both back to back. Manning will look like his normal playoff self when faced against those defenses in the frozen field in January.

:D

599920[/snapback]

I agree, but will add a :D

Seems to me like the defense is getting hyped to try and scare some teams with Manning and the TD record. Do you really believe the defense of the Colts, the Colts!, will stop Big Ben or Brady?

Edited by WaterMan

I agree, but will add a :D

Seems to me like the defense is getting hyped to try and scare some teams with Manning and the TD record. Do you really believe the defense of the Colts, the Colts!, will stop Big Ben or Brady?

600112[/snapback]

I'm not saying they will shut them out, I'm just saying that everyone who is saying that Indy won't win in the Playoffs because of their weak D, is overlooking the fact that Indy's D isn't nearly as weak as they think.

It's not the best defense in the league but it is fast becoming a very respectable defense.

Another reason that people are saying the Colts won't win in the playoffs is because they pass too much and they won't be able to adjust to the need to run more in bad weather, yet Edge is the 2nd Leading Rusher in the ENTIRE NFL and he is going to have at least 10 TD's maybe 12. And he is only 14 yards behind the Leading NFL Rusher Curtis Martin.

How much better could they be running the ball?

They have 3 WR's who are going to have more than 1000 yds receiving and at least, if not more than 10 TD's EACH.

That Offense is unreal. No games this year with less than 24 points, only 3 games under 31 points, and 4 straight games with more than 40.

This team can run, they can throw, they can catch, they have a great FG Kicker, and yes their defense is much better this year than last year and it is improving every week. And now they even have a Kicker who can get the ball inside the 5 on Kick offs. Welcome to Indy Mr. Grammatica.

The Colts are friggin' scary man. Ask any team fixing to play them, they'll tell you how scary this team is right now.