[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vermeil admits Holmes likely done for the season

Fatman

I don't think this has been posted yet, but if it has my apologies. From Fanball:

Dec 8 For the first time since Priest Holmes strained the MCL in his right knee, Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil admitted that his star running back is not close to returning and may not see the field again this season. "The original recovery time was four weeks, and we're at four weeks, and I don't think he's anywhere close to being ready to play," Vermeil told the team's official wesbite. "Is he going to be ready in two weeks? I don't know. I don't want Priest Holmes to feel pressure, because the most important thing is that he heals properly so he can come back and be 100 percent next year. If it means sitting out [the season] and that's the best thing to do, that's exactly what we'll do." Holmes will miss his fifth straight game in week 14.

Views: We've told fantasy owners for the last few weeks that they shouldn't count on seeing Holmes in uniform again this season, so hopefully this doesn't come as much of a surprise. According to the Kansas City Star, Vermeil and Holmes were to sit down with team president/general manager Carl Peterson on Tuesday night to reassess his status, and we'll pass along any definitive word that came out of that meeting. As for the Chiefs' running game, Vermeil appears set on a tag-team approach with Derrick Blaylock and Larry Johnson. Keep a close eye on this committee in your fantasy playoffs, however. Blaylock is a free agent who the Chiefs will likely not be able to keep, and it would serve them well to determine if Johnson can be Holmes' primary backup next season.