[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting

MrTed46

I have someone in one of my league's that has not used a single drop/add or trade since the auction draft in the preseason and it looks like he is going to make playoffs.

12 people, only 4 make it to playoffs which are week 16 + 17.

He is currently in 3rd place! I was bored and reviewed my competition and found this info.

Thought I'd share with you huddlers.

Have you guys ever gone an entire season without transactions?

Here is his lineup for those who are amused by this:

J Delhomme*

Eli Manning

Corey Dillon*

Curtis Martin*

Chralie Garner

Eddie George

Randy Moss*

Jerry Porter*

Plexico

Jeremey Shockey*

Dallas Clark

Pats D*

Eagles S

*=starters

Edited by MrTed46

One guy in my local is #2 seed in the playoffs. Made 3 transactions all year. Two were Stokely and R.Curry.

We have a supplemental draft where you can pick up 3 players for free just prior to transaction deadline mainly to backup your starters and he didn't participate.

Curry's now out for year and his backup kicker is gramatica. He basically has zero bench.

But what he does have is Manning/Stokely/Dillon/Crumpler and that's enough to win most weeks.

Here is his lineup for those who are amused by this:

J Delhomme*

Eli Manning

Corey Dillon*

Curtis Martin*

Chralie Garner

Eddie George

Randy Moss*

Jerry Porter*

Plexico

Jeremey Shockey*

Dallas Clark

Pats D*

Eagles S

*=starters

600140[/snapback]

His number 2 and 3 picks, Dillon and Martin, have been HUGH! That's why he's been succesful.

I would NEVER go an entire season without doing a trade or a free agent pickup. Where's the fun in standing pat the whole year! I'm always tinkering and enjoy it almost more than the draft. :D

I would NEVER go an entire season without doing a trade or a free agent pickup. Where's the fun in standing pat the whole year! I'm always tinkering and enjoy it almost more than the draft.    :D

600464[/snapback]

I agree. Without transactions fantasy football would be boring.

There have been seasons where I made no trades (my 2 main leagues have very few traders), but it's a pretty rare week that I don't at least make a waiver move.

Anybody who's competitive without making any moves has been VERY lucky, and is obviously disinterested in improving their team. Come on - Charlie Garner?? Eli Manning?? Drop those bums and pick up a player with a pulse! :D

Of course, dumbass owners like that mean that it's easy for me to pick up J.Jones with the 9th waiver wire spot after he racks up 80+ yards versus the Ravens. B)

I've only done one trade, ever.

Of course I never win, either.

600364[/snapback]

You never win, eh? :D

Hey, next year if we need someone I'll be sure to give a fellow ex-military Dallas Huddler a call for the Dallas league I'm in!

A few years back, Giant Plone won Dash-4 (BOTH League) without making a trade or a waiver move the entire year.

600953[/snapback]

I went the other way, two years straight i lead the league(had too) in add/drops. two year straight i've had best record.

Ramrock

Edited by RAMROCK