[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 13

Hugh 0ne

Hello Huddlers. I'm back. Here's the deal: This thread has become quite popular. Unfortunately, I have somewhat of a life and just don't have the time to answer every question. I feel bad when I see you guys take your time to ask me a question and I can't get to it. So, this week, I'm going to leave this thread open until it reaches 60 or 70 posts, and then I'll lock it. I will answer every question that is asked before I lock it. All the answers will be in a seperate thread named: Free Fantasy Advice - Week 13 - The Answers, so as not to increase the post count before I lock it. Your questions will be quoted in the Answer thread, so it should be very clear. In the answer thread, feel free to comment on my answers.

Let's see how it works this way.

Thanks and good luck.

Fire away. :D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my options:

QB- Hasselbeck at Vikings

RB- LT vs Tampa

RB- W.McGahee vs Cleveland

WR- J.Walker vs Detroit

WR- N.Burleson vs Seattle

WR- Lee Evans vs Clev

D- Pats vs Cincy

K- John Carney

BENCH

QB- Testeverde vs NO

Volek vs KC

Griese at San Diego

RB- Droughns vs Miami

O.Smith vs Seattle

T. Jones (dont worry I won't start him!)

WR- Clayton at San Diego

S.Moss at PITT

Defense- Colts

Could you see my post and see what you think.  Thank you Hugh one, I have never had a reply from you and would love to have one.

600150[/snapback]

Uh oh. A potential loophole to my new strategy. :D :doah: :D

B)

Sure Whodey, I'll go have a looksie.

hugh. thanks for the advice and time you put in. weekly, even if i don't post, i look forward to reading the thread. anyway, on to my lineup questions.

qb: delhomme, leftwich, and brees.

i'm leaning towards delhomme because he has a decent matchup and has been very consistent lately. i would think brees might come out firing after putting up poor numbers last week, but his matchup is not great.

wr: would you bench clayton or branch for witten against the saints?

sig shows scoring and roster.

thanks man.

Posted this in my own thread, but just so you don't have to go look for it, here it is:

QB

Culpepper (vs Sea) or Favre (vs Det)?

Culpepp's recent INTs and fumbles are starting to annoy me, and Seattle plays no easy D either. Everyone's talking about Favre redeeming himself after last week's joke. I'm leaning towards Favre.

K

J.Brown (@ Min) or Kasay (vs StL)?

Brown's been consistent, I guess, but Kasay just exploded last week, and they say he just might again against the Rams. I have no idea on this one, gotta say that Kasay is really tempting. Perhaps a different way to look at it should be to ask which would be a better K through the end of the season?

DEF

Den (vs Mia) or Phi (@Was)?

I'm probably going to start Den here, but just wanted to throw it out in case anyone disagreed. Portis exploded last week, but Phi's supposedly bad run-D has been doing pretty well as of late. If I don't play Phi here, I should probably drop them as they play Dal (hate playing a D against one of my RBs) and then the Rams. That said, I'm more concerned with picking a D for my first playoff game (week 15). Looking at the WW, Indianapolis looks like a good start against the Ravens. Other than that, there's nothing really, besides maybe Atl (vs Car), NYJ (vs Sea) and Cinn (vs Buff). So, Den for week 14, and Indy for week 15?

Thanks Hugh1!

I hate to ask too much, but this is my first playoffs in my first year in a BOTH league and want to make a good showing. Thank you in advance for your advice.

QB-Vick vs. Oakland or Brees vs. TB (leaning towards Vick)

Flex--Would you start Blaylock @ Tenn or Johnnie Morton @ Tenn or Antonio Bryant vs. Buffalo?

If it helps this is the rest of my starting lineup:

Edge

McGahee

Walker

Muhammed

Relatively standard scoring league for RBs. 1 pt / 10 yards rushing, 1 pt / 10 yards receiving, 1 pt / catch, 6 pt / TD, -2 Fumbles.

I start 2 RBs and then 1 RB / WR flex, which for several weeks I've used an RB. So I have to choose 3 of the following RBs:

A Green (vs Det)

C Dillon (vs Cin)

J Jones (vs NO)

L Johnson (vs Ten)

D Blaylock (vs Ten)

M Williams (vs Sea)

I also have Davenport and Falk, to handcuff Green and Dillon.

Right now I'm starting Green, Dillon, and Jones. Green and Dillon have been my main guys all year (I'm 12-1 and in first right now) and Jones is hot right now facing a poor NO run D.

Moe is my old "emergency back" for bye weeks and I wouldn't start him, obviously.

Johnson looks like he'll get more work as KC tries to see if he can replace Priest, and Blaylock usually puts up good numbers too.

Should I bench Green or Dillon to start one of the KC guys? Will NE use Dillon sparingly to avoid pre-playoof injuries? Green's injuries have bothered me but he puts up great numbers when healthy. Help!

Hello Huddlers. I'm back. Here's the deal: This thread has become quite popular. Unfortunately, I have somewhat of a life and just don't have the time to answer every question. I feel bad when I see you guys take your time to ask me a question and I can't get to it. So, this week, I'm going to leave this thread open until it reaches 60 or 70 posts, and then I'll lock it. I will answer every question that is asked before I lock it. All the answers will be in a seperate thread named: Free Fantasy Advice - Week 13 - The Answers, so as not to increase the post count before I lock it. Your questions will be quoted in the Answer thread, so it should be very clear. In the answer thread, feel free to comment on my answers.

Let's see how it works this way.

Thanks and good luck.

Fire away. :D

600146[/snapback]

Hate to be a smart-a$$ but you mean Week 14 right? :D

Hey Hugh!

This is THE week, 1st rd of the playoffs...need a win..as we all do :D this is a huge week...so I did ask for a bit more...scoring system below in sig

OK....

RB's (Pick two)

E. James at HOU (any TD's this week?)

T. Barber at BAL (will he even get yards? or repeat last weeks performance?)

W. Dunn vs OAK (touches??)

WR's (pick two)

J. Walker vs DET (will be held w/o a TD like last time at DET?)

A. Johnson vs IND (will HOU keep using DD as the main receiver?)

T. Holt at CAR (will the be able to shake #1 coverage or turn out like the GB game?)

TE's (pick one)

J. Shockey at BAL (will he see the red zone?)

B. Franks vs DET (good matchup, but too many hands to catch balls?)

K's ( I know sorry)

N. Kaeding vs TB

M. Stover vs NYG

Scoring System below...yardage intensive....

Thanks and good luck in your leagues this week!

GO VIKES!

Edited by Vikes Fan

Hey Hugh,

1st round of the playoffs and I'm playing the best team in the league, he blows everyone out so I need to take some gambles this week...the more TD's the better. WDIS at WR? Start only 2, 6pts for TD's, no pts for receptions.

ALelie vs MIA

MClayton @ SD

KColbert vs STL

SMoss @ PIT

ABryant @ BUF

LEvans vs CLE

Really only considering between Lelie, Clayton and Bryant.....maybe Colbert, just don't see any obvious choices. Thanks.

Edited by Potman

Ok back for another typical question Favre or McNabb? Also since this week either puts me in the playoffs or not I have two other questions. Do I start R. Williams or D. Driver (both playing eachother). For my 3rd rb position should I sart C. Taylor (Giants) over W. Dunn (OAK) and S. Jackson (Carolina)

Thanks for all your advice this year!!!

Howdy Hugh.

I'm pretty set in my lineups for the leagues that I'm still alive in. But in my "big money" league, I'm still trying to get the best lineup out there (we play a Skins game).

My RBs this week are all sorta blah.

Davis vs. Indy: He had his "breakout" game this season against them when they were behind by 1395791375. Should happen again, so should Davis remain active and in my lineup?

Smith vs. Seattle: Uh, if McGahee and Jones can do it, why couldn't Smith? Should I be worried about Bennett and Moe?

Green vs. Detroit: Well I guess he's healthy, but will Favre just say "OK let me throw the ball 60 times so we win"?

I need 2. Thanks - and feel free to check out my IDP thread.

:D

Hey hugh, Would you start Droughns over Mcallister this week, i'm leaning toward starting Droughns simply because he's been more consistent and on a team that is winning once in a while, a good team. The broncos give more than 7 carries, I'm looking for an expert opinion even though this may be a no brainer question, thanks.

PIck 2 WR and 1 TE

WR

Mason vs Kansas City

Ward vs NY Jets - hit or miss even though he is a stud?

Kennison at Tennessee- hit or miss?

Boldin at Sam Fran - I like him as a possible sleeper

TE

Wiggins vs Seattle

Heap vs NY Giants

Thanks

hey hugh...WDIS?

brees vs TB (def: 159.9 ypg / 13TDs)

griese @ SD (def: 236.8 ypg / 13TDs)

brooks @ DAL (def: 232. 3 ypg / 25TDs)

brees killed me last week...do you figure he's in tough again this week? should i play the matchup and go with brooks or griese?

and pick 3 RB please...(scoring in sig)

edge @ HOU (def: 121.3 ypg / 4TDs)

pittman @ SD (def: 78.7 ypg / 14TDs)

mcgahee vs CLE (def: 139.4 ypg / 16TDs)

green vs DET (def: 121.8 ypg / 8TDs)

davenport vs DET (def: 121.8 ypg / 8TDs)

c. taylor vs NYG (def: 134.8 ypg / 10TDs)

mcgahee looks great this week...i'd have a hard time benching edge (does HOU's low TDs against worry you?)...looks like pittman will be in tough this week (but is SDs high TDs against enticing?)...then there's the green bay situation and taylor....what are your thoughts?

thanks man :D

Thanks for your help last week. 2 questions this week.

1. Culpepper is my starter and I play in a 2 qb league, last week I had Volek who was great as a 2nd qb and I will play him again this week if McNair is out, but My question is:

Do I play Roeth as my 2nd qb or p/u Chandler if Volek isn't playing?

Who to start Roeth or Chandler?

2. Who should be my flex players (choose 2)

O. Smith, E. Kennison, D. Blaylock, M. Clayton, or K. McCardell

Thanks again.

Hi Hugh,

Due in part to you, I'm in the playoffs. Thankyouverymuch.

Week 14 doesn't matter, so I'm looking ahead to the playoffs. There are a couple of things I'd like your two cents on.

1. My TEs have some difficult match ups in week 15 and 16, plus they've been sucking. Heap is available. Is there anyone on my roster (sig below) I should drop to pick him up?

Shockey (at home vs. Pit/away vs. Cincy)

McMike (at home vs. NE/at home vs.Cleveland)

Heap (at Baltimore/away vs. Pit)

2. Housemanwhateverhisnameis (the Cincy WR) is also available. Any reason I would drop someone on my roster to make room for him?

Holt (at Zona/at home vs. Philly)

McCardell (at Cleveland/at Indy)

Burleson (at Detroit/at home vs. GB)

Stokley (at home vs. Baltimore/at home vs. SD) -- I really like him as long as Dallas Clark is out.

Thanks Hugh. You rock!

Hey Hugh,

Wow you do this and have a life? I'm even more impressed.

I'm going a little crazy this week at RB and QB, and I could use a little sanity.

QB, should be easier, Plummer vs.Miami, Griese vs. SD, McNair vs. KC

Griese seems to be the safest option, my stupid gut is telling me McNair. It's wrong right?

RB, I can start 3:

Goings vs. Stl

C.Taylor vs. NYG

C.Brown vs. KC

Blaylock/Johnson vs. Ten

Droughns vs. Mia

Goings and Taylor look like nice options, provided Taylor plays. Since I have two other backs in the Monday night game, I'm tempted to play Blaylock and C.Brown and if Brown doesn't go I can put in Johnson, but

A) should I just play either Brown or Blaylock/Johnson depending on if Brown starts

:D do you have any thoughts on Blaylock vs. Johnson?

thanks a lot man.

Thanks for your help Hugh. I also made it into playoffs with your help.

Pretty well set with my RB's Goings and K. Jones this week with Jackson questionable but need WDIS on WR's

Standard performance league, 12 teams. Need to start three.

I have:

Joe Horn vs. @ Dallas

Chris Chambers @ Denver

Donald Driver vs Detriot

M. Clayton @ SD

R. Smith vs Miami

Thanks again for you help.

Hi Hugh, hope you can help me in the first week of playoffs.

I am having trouble figuring out who to start at QB, RB & WR.

QB (1) - 1 pt./20 yard, 6 pts./td

Hass vs. Minn

Collins vs. Falcons

Bledsoe vs. Cle

RB (2) - 1 pt./10 yards rushing & receiving, 6 pts./td

Blaylock vs. Tenn

Westbrook vs. Wash

Davis vs. Indy

WR (2) - 1 pt./10 yards rushing & receiving, 6 pts./td

Moulds vs. Clev

Bennett vs. KC

D Jax vs. Minn