[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 13

Hugh 0ne

Hears the deal. I was offerd L.T. and a 2005 1st round pick for J.Jones.

Im thinking on taking the deal. But I really want a shot at winning it all this year.

My other RB's are J.Lewis, S.Jackson and C.Dillon and we start 2 every week.

The Playoffs dont start till next week and I am in no matter what.

The other deal is we get to keep one player each year that was drafted 6th-14th round and hold them for 3 more years. J.Jones and S.Jackson were both drafted in the 6rd round thus they both can be held over. The other factor is that you get to add 1 year to there contract if they do not start more than 4 games in any of the years you have them on your roster. So there are a lot of factors involved hear. I think the deal is a good deal. but would I be giving up a super stud for the next 3 years? I can still hold over S.Jackson. I dont know Its a lot to think about. Tell me what you think.

Thanks for the time.

GOD BLESS

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Hugh. Thanks for all you help and the time you can spend.

Ok I'll give my line-up and bench if you would please :D me if needed. It would be a no brainer except for the injuries. Free agency is NOT an option.

6 points for td and every 100 yds rushing or receiving and every 300 yds passing. Any legal formation. Got QB covered. Yes it is a 8 team league. Still in playoff hunt.

Starters:

TO @ Redskins

Moss vs Seahawks (injury concern)

Chris Brown vs Chiefs (injury concern)

Portis vs Eagles (get behind, could be trouble)

Curtis Martin @ Steelers (tough D)

Bench:

Deuce McAllister @ Cowboys (not getting the carries)

Jimmy Smith vs Bears (has not produced in my league)

L. J. Smith vs Skins (not prodced)

Whitten vs Saints (not much lately)

Thanks again

Stallworth: not worth mentioning.

Hey Hugh aka "The Scientist"...Thanks for all your help throughout this hectic season...

Here is the deal...WDIS @ WR this week

First here is my lineup:

D. Culpepper

R. Droughns

Chester Taylor

M. Pittman

Hines Ward

Drew Bennett

M. Clayton

Antonio Bryant

Bobby Engram

David Givens

Tony Gonz

Buff D

Jamal Lewis

I can start 3rbs & 3 wrs...Which 3wrs would you start?

I am leaning towards Ward, Bennett, Bryant but I really dont know HELPPlease

Thanks a lot & Happy Holidays!

12 team standard performance league .1 per yard, 1 point per reception.

Must choose 3 WRs from the following (Huddle projections included):

Mason vs KC ~ 90 yards, 1 TD

Clayton @ SD ~ 90 yards, 1 TD

Boldin vs SF ~ 100 yards, 1 TD

JSmith vs CHI ~ 70 yards, 1 TD

Ward vs NYJ ~ 50 yards, no TD

I finally benched Ward week 12 and would be hard pressed to insert him back into my lineup unless there was a very good reason ... even at 1 point per reception he has been sucking lately (until last week).

HUDDLE COMMENTARY

Wide Receivers: Derrick Mason did not score last week but he did have 79 yards on six catches after having scored in the previous three games. Mason still has yet to exceed 100 yards since week two but has been consistently productive every week.

Wide Receivers: To the dismay of all Michael Clayton owners, it was the Joey Galloway show last week when he had 63 yards and one score while Clayton only ended with one catch for 15 yards. It was easily the worst game for Clayton but there was no need to rely on him anyway in a game that Atlanta never actually scored. Clayton has been good for at least 60 yards in almost every other game this year. He'll definitely be back in the mix in San Diego this week.

Wide Receivers: This time the Cardinals will feature Anquan Boldin who still has not scored this season. Back in week five, Larry Fitzgerald had his best game in the NFL when he caught five passes for 94 yards and one score. They'll be facing one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and have already been successful without Boldin, so the outlook is bright this week.

Wide Receivers: Perhaps it was a gift to Troy Edwards who had been with the Steelers earlier in his career before being dumped, but for whatever reason Edwards looked great last week when he gained 90 yards on five catches with one touchdown in one of the best games of his career. Jimmy Smith only managed 52 yards on four receptions and he still has not seen the bounce up from Leftwich returning behind center. Smith was gaining 100 yards and a score in most games when Leftwich was hot but as the season progresses and weather gets worse, the renewed emphasis on running by the Jaguars will likely continue to depress what Smith will do.

Wide Receivers: Hines Ward had his best game since Roethlisberger took over and ended with 80 yards and a score against Jacksonville last week. The odder factor was that Ward gained 65 yards and the score on the first series. Then he disappeared yet again. Antwaan Randle El had his best game of the year when he turned in 71 yards replacing Burress but he still has never scored this year.

KC is the 2nd worst passing defense and has given up 23 passing TDs.

SD is the 6th worst passing defense and has given up 13 passing TDs.

SF is middle of the pack in passing defense and has given up 22 passing TDs.

CHI is 11th best passing defense and has given up 17 passing TDs.

NYJ is 7th best passing defense and has given up 13 passing TDs.

Thanks as always Hugh, and Season's Greetings!

I just traded for Drew Brees last week and I'm now thinking about benching him this week in favor of Trent Green. 1 point per 30 yards passing, 6 points per TD. Any thoughts?

Also, I can finally start a roster I worked very diligently the last few weeks to piece together...A. Green, LT2, R. Moss, Harrison, and Horn (only 10 teams). 1 point per 15 yards rec. or rush., 6 points per TD. Would you have any reservations about Green or Moss? I could use Lee Evans or Maurice Hicks instead.

It may be a moot point since my opponent has the rest of the Indianapolis offense going this week, but what they hey?

Take care. :D

Hey Hugh,

I’ve lost 3 in a row, but still in 1st place at 9-4. Playing against the hottest team in league right now (McNabb, JJones, Moss, Bennett, Gates). I could knock him out of the playoffs.

Standard Scoring, * denotes starters

QB: *Hasselbeck @ Minn, Griese @ SD, Feeley @ Den

RB: *LT v. TB, Westbrook @ Wash, McGahee v. Clev, MFaulk @ Car

WR: *Owens @ Wash, *Walker v. Det, Williams @ GB, Branch v. Cincy

TE: *Wiggins v. Sea, Shockey @ Balt

K: Kasay v. STL, Brien @ Pitt

D: *Car v. Stl, Jets @ Pitt

I’m going to need a big game to win this week. Here are my thoughts and questions.

1. Going with Hass, hopefully he can build on last week

2. No idea who to go with at my 2nd RB, McGahee disappointed last week, was leaning towards Westbrook (opponent has McNabb) but McGahee has a nice match up at home. I am also trying to drop Faulk for Blaylock (Priest owner dropped him for Johnson) and won’t know until Friday.

3. Williams could have a big day @ GB, but I can’t see benching Walker

4. Do I go Kasay after last week or Brien who might get plenty of chances @ Pitt.

So I’m basically looking for thoughts on 2nd RB and K.

Thanks in Advance.

Hugh,

First off I would like to thank you for all of the time you put in here to offer advice to everyone, I think DMD should have a Dear Hugh column on the front page just for this. But anyway on to my question. A buddy and I are both in the same leagues and we split all of our winnings from just about all of our gambling escapdes that we do. We have never done anything unethical in any of these, ie try to get trades with eachother to go through or "throw a game " when we have played eachother. With all of that being said, I am out of the playoffs and I pretty much drafted his team and have been setting his lineups for the majority of the season, we do talk about everything but I control it for the most part since he is internet dumb. We play in a league that uses standard scoring and starts 1QB, 2RB, 3TE, K and D. We also play head to head every week against everyone and the highest scoring team gets 9 points and the lowest scoring team gets 0 for the week. We are having a disagreement on who he should start at running back and 1 of his WR. I will list who I would start and who he would start and let me know what you would do. Thanks again and sorry for the lenghty message but I thought a little bit of background info might help here.

Mine His

Manning Manning

Barber C Brown

C Taylor C Taylor

J Walker J Walker

R Moss R Moss

I Bruce D Branch

Vanderjagt Vanderjagt

Bears Bengals

Keep in mind he is playing against 3 other teams this week and the top 2 advance to play the other 2 teams that have a bye. This is a fairly big $$$ league as well $200 per entry and they only pay 1st and 2nd. They have also paid $25 per week for high weeks and he had 3 of those and finished in 3rd place 1 win out of 2nd and having a bye for this week.

Thanks again and good luck on the new one on her way. I see this didn't come out like I set it up to but I think you can figure it out, if not I can retype it so it is easier for you. Thanks again.

Edited by T_bone65

Hey Hugh,

Thanks for your help this year. I'm in the playoffs. I really am a mess @ WR. Here are my choices.....

Mason vs KC ( will start him)

Moss vs Seattle

Bureleson vs Seattle

Rice vs Minnesota

Doug Gabriel vs ATL

I'm a little scared of starting Moss, in fact I am considering dropping Burleson & picking up Marcus Robinson. He might be a better start than Moss & Burleson. Rice is temting & so is Gabriel. It all seems like a crap shot though.

I just dropped Eric Johnson & picked up Freddie Jones. Good or bad move? Thanks for your advise.

Good morning Hugh,

This may sound crazy, but here we go. I need to pick two QBs from this mess:

Brady v Cincy

Plummer v Dolphins

R-Burger v Jets

McCown (AZ) v SF

Ive been getting no production from these guys lately, believe it or not Im leaning toward McCown as one of the two starters. Please talk me off the ledge!

Thanks Hugh,

Gdawg :D

OK, so after trying the new format, I've decided it sucks, and will go back to answering questions HERE in this thread. I've gotta come up with a better solution, maybe I'll run it by DMD. :D

When I reach my limit, I will lock this thread. Plain and simple.

Sorry for the confusion.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program. :D

I hate to ask too much, but this is my first playoffs in my first year in a BOTH league and want to make a good showing.  Thank you in advance for your advice.

QB-Vick vs. Oakland or Brees vs. TB (leaning towards Vick)

Flex--Would you start Blaylock @ Tenn or Johnnie Morton @ Tenn or Antonio Bryant vs. Buffalo?

If it helps this is the rest of my starting lineup:

Edge

McGahee

Walker

Muhammed

600174[/snapback]

Well, I myself, am not a Vick fan. He can have hugh games, but as was evident last week, he can kill you as well. Vick vs. Brees is a risk vs. reward scenario. If you want to play the guy that will throw for 200-250 yards, and throw 2 TD's, start Brees. If you want the guy that might pitch a dud, BUT could have 100 yards rushing, a rushing TD, 200 yards passing and 2 passing TD's, start Vick. If it were me, unless I felt totally overmatched by my opponent (which can't be the case because you have good startes and good matchups this week), I would start Brees.

At the flex I'd start Blaylock. I prefer RB's over WR's in general, and neither Morton or Bryant are consistent producers.

Good luck.

Relatively standard scoring league for RBs. 1 pt / 10 yards rushing, 1 pt / 10 yards receiving, 1 pt / catch, 6 pt / TD, -2 Fumbles.

I start 2 RBs and then 1 RB / WR flex, which for several weeks I've used an RB. So I have to choose 3 of the following RBs:

A Green (vs Det)

C Dillon (vs Cin)

J Jones (vs NO)

L Johnson (vs Ten)

D Blaylock (vs Ten)

M Williams (vs Sea)

I also have Davenport and Falk, to handcuff Green and Dillon.

Right now I'm starting Green, Dillon, and Jones. Green and Dillon have been my main guys all year (I'm 12-1 and in first right now) and Jones is hot right now facing a poor NO run D.

Moe is my old "emergency back" for bye weeks and I wouldn't start him, obviously.

Johnson looks like he'll get more work as KC tries to see if he can replace Priest, and Blaylock usually puts up good numbers too.

Should I bench Green or Dillon to start one of the KC guys? Will NE use Dillon sparingly to avoid pre-playoof injuries? Green's injuries have bothered me but he puts up great numbers when healthy. Help!

600177[/snapback]

Absolutely not. Why would you plug in a backup RB in a RBBC for one of your RB's, all of which have good matchups? No way! Start Dillon, Green and Jones.

Hugh the man! Thanks for the advice.

I think I may have a legit case for sitting a stud this week, see if you agree.

Deuce McAllister has really been pissing me off. I'd like to bench him. I have a playoff spot locked down already so there's really no harm in risk taking here. The way I see it, if I sit Deuce I have 2 options to replace him:

1) Start M. Hicks in his place. Hicks is starting against the 30th ranked rush D in the league and you just know he wants to prove himself.

2) Start Chris Brown AND Antwain Smith. Since Brown is always a gametime decision and when he starts never finishes a game, I figure I can take full advantage of the monday night at home matchup with KC by starting them both. Then again, I don't have to have my roster set on Sunday, so I can always swap the starter in at the last second.

I guess another option would be to start Hicks and Deuce, if you don't like either of the Tenn backs.

--------------

10 team league, traditional scoring

Start 1QB 3WR 2RB 1WR/RB 1TE

My roster: McNabb, J Walker, R Moss, L Evans, J Jones, C Brown, J Witten, D McAllister, R Williams, T Jones, M Hicks, N Burleson, A Smith, D Gabriel

Hey Hugh!

This is THE week, 1st rd of the playoffs...need a win..as we all do :D  this is a huge week...so I did ask for a bit more...scoring system below in sig

OK....

RB's (Pick two)

E. James at HOU  (any TD's this week?)

T. Barber at BAL  (will he even get yards? or repeat last weeks performance?)

W. Dunn vs OAK  (touches??)

WR's (pick two)

J. Walker vs DET  (will be held w/o a TD like last time at DET?)

A. Johnson vs IND (will HOU keep using DD as the main receiver?)

T. Holt at CAR  (will the be able to shake #1 coverage or turn out like the GB game?)

TE's (pick one)

J. Shockey at BAL  (will he see the red zone?)

B. Franks vs DET  (good matchup, but too many hands to catch balls?)

K's ( I know sorry)

N. Kaeding vs TB

M. Stover vs NYG

Scoring System below...yardage intensive....

Thanks and good luck in your leagues this week!

GO VIKES!

600181[/snapback]

Edge is the clear start. Between Dunn and Barber I think I'd start Barber. I know he was horrible last week, but he doesn't share the load, and he should be involved in the passing game as well. Eli needs to show up for this game, and if he can establish a hint of a passing game, Barber will do well. Problem with Dunn is that he is a RBBC, loses the goalline touches, and has Vick doing a lot of the running himself. Edge and Barber.

Tough call at WR too. Holt scares me a little for 2 reasons. Chandler, and his wrist. He's a bit banged up. And I know that he had his best game with Chandler, but it's still a bit scary. Because you have 2 other very good options with very good matchups, I think I'd stay away from Holt. It's the safer play IMO. Start Walker and Johnson.

Forget Shockey. THey have to keep him in to block too often. Franks should have a nice game against the Lions.

Stover.

Hugh thanks for the great advice to date this year. here you go....

pick 2....

Portis @ PHI

Taylor @ CHI

S. Jackson (if healthy) @ CAR

Also would you start Burleson V SEA or Kennsion @ TEN along with Horn and Harrison.

Again thanks for your help Hugh

Std performance scoring.

Which two RB would you start:

K. Jones vs. GB

LT vs. TB

McGahee vs. Clev

Goings vs. Stl

Pittman vs. SD

Thanks in advance!!

600185[/snapback]

Tomlinson and McGahee. Goings has another nice matchup, but imo McGahee and LT are better options. McGahee should bounce back nicely this week, and LT, well, LT is a stud.

Hugh, Thanks in advance. Hopefully you can get to this..

Pick my 2nd RB's for this week..

I'm starting J Jones vs New orleans..

Please pick my other RB to start, and why.

Nick Goings vs St Louis

R Droughns vs Miami

C Brown vs KC

Clinton Portis vs Phil

O Smith vs Seattle.

Hey Hugh,

1st round of the playoffs and I'm playing the best team in the league, he blows everyone out so I need to take some gambles this week...the more TD's the better.  WDIS at WR?  Start only 2, 6pts for TD's, no pts for receptions.

ALelie vs MIA

MClayton @ SD

KColbert vs STL

SMoss @ PIT

ABryant @ BUF

LEvans vs CLE

Really only considering between Lelie, Clayton and Bryant.....maybe Colbert, just don't see any obvious choices.  Thanks.

600191[/snapback]

That's kind of ugly. Normally I'd start Lelie, but with Jake the Fake's recent struggles, and a pretty tough Miami secondary, I think I'd bench him.

Clayton has been a very consistent producer. That shouldn't change this week. Start him.

Forget Moss, he's sucked, and plays the best defense in the NFL.

Colbert has a nice matchup, but Muhammed is the guy in Carolina, so I don't expect big things from Colbert.

Antonio Bryant is hot. So is Evans. Tough call between the two of them. I think I'd start Evans against a defense that has gotten run over the last two weeks.

Good luck.

Your advice has been excellent! Thanks for the help...

Please pick 2 of the following RB's:

Duece @ DAL - thinking of benching him

Brown vs KC - good matchup, but can he finish a game?

Pittman @ SD - tough matchup, but has been producing

Please pick 2 of the following WR's:

Ward vs NYJ - tough matchup, but I always struggle to bench him

McCardell vs TB - tough matchup, thinking of benching him

Givens vs CIN - who knows, thinking of benching him

Morton @ TEN - potential to produce, but hasn't done anything lately

Rice @ MIN - decent matchup, but was last week a fluke?

I'm leaning towards starting Brown and Pittman along with J. Jones; for WR's I am just not sure who to start alongside Jimmy Smith - Ward and Rice?

Standard performance scoring. Thanks Hugh!!