[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are Pats Fans more proud of their Team...

Jrick35

Which are they more proud of?

Seriously, nearly every post on here that starts out and/or ends up talking about the Pats & the Colts in the playoffs, invariably & inevitably ends up talking about the weather in Foxboro.

Can the Colts run on a sloppy field?

Can the Colts pass in the snow?

Can the Colts Defense stop the Pats if it's 10 below zero?

I admit playing in bad weather is more difficult than playing in fair weather. And that can be an advantage to the team that plays more games outdoors than a team that plays in a dome.

But as much as the discussion turns to the weather, it's almost as if Pats Fans don't think the Pats can win unless the playoff game is played in bad weather.

I guess what it comes down to is Pats Fans are praying that it isn't 40 degrees and sunny when they have a playoff game in Foxboro.

Come on Pats Fans put your faith in your team, not the elements.

Go Colts!!

This Years Super Bowl Champs!!

OK, I'll step up. Sure the weather can be a factor in New England. I think the thought process is that the Colts offense is setup to be very precise. Sharp routes run to exact spots tailored for the carpet in Indy. Who would blame them? More than half their games are played in those conditions so why not run the offense that way. I think Pats fans point to the weather because it affects Indy probably more than any other team in the league. Indy's offense has to score a lot of points for them to win because their defense is so poor. Taking away the ability to run routes that would normally be sharp and precise has a HUGH effect on their scoring.

Do we think the Pats will win regardless?? I know I do. Opening night was perfect weather and the Pats got it done. I myself, am much more proud of the team than the weather.

cuz they suck outdoors and just can't seem to win the big one!!!!  Sure they beat the chiefs last year but lets face it the chiefs suck too!!!!  !!!

601309[/snapback]

So, winning in January at Arrowhead against a team that put up 31 points isn't a "big one?"

I concede that the Pats are the most complete team in the league (as I've said before), but saying that the Colts "suck" is just plain stupid.

I will go one step further and say that if the Colts were in the AFC East they would be at the bottom with the Dolphins fighting over who is the better cellar dwellar

I will go even one step further and say that you're a complete moron. Have a nice life.

OK, I'll step up.  Sure the weather can be a factor in New England.  I think the thought process is that the Colts offense is setup to be very precise.  Sharp routes run to exact spots tailored for the carpet in Indy.  Who would blame them?  More than half their games are played in those conditions so why not run the offense that way.  I think Pats fans point to the weather because it affects Indy probably more than any other team in the league.  Indy's offense has to score a lot of points for them to win because their defense is so poor.  Taking away the ability to run routes that would normally be sharp and precise has a HUGH effect on their scoring.

Do we think the Pats will win regardless??  I know I do.  Opening night was perfect weather and the Pats got it done.  I myself, am much more proud of the team than the weather.

601094[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better than that. :D:D

OK, I'll step up.  Sure the weather can be a factor in New England.  I think the thought process is that the Colts offense is setup to be very precise.  Sharp routes run to exact spots tailored for the carpet in Indy.  Who would blame them?  More than half their games are played in those conditions so why not run the offense that way.  I think Pats fans point to the weather because it affects Indy probably more than any other team in the league.  Indy's offense has to score a lot of points for them to win because their defense is so poor.  Taking away the ability to run routes that would normally be sharp and precise has a HUGH effect on their scoring.

Do we think the Pats will win regardless??  I know I do.  Opening night was perfect weather and the Pats got it done.  I myself, am much more proud of the team than the weather.

601094[/snapback]

I'm not trying to be argumentative but are you saying that New Englands Offense isn't precise? That their WR's are not expected to run sharp routes to exact spots? What type of Offense does not require these things of their WR's?

The single largest factor in Indy's losses in New England in the past couple of trips north has been NE's Defense, not the weather. The truth is there are actually very few games played each year under extreme weather conditions worse than just windy or cold. And all teams that have played in January, have played under those conditions.

If I were an NE fan I would point to the takeaways by the defense as to the reason for the wins rather than the weather. In their last 2 games in Foxboro I think the Colts have had something like 7 Turnovers. And yet they still had chances to win both of those games.

If the Colts can just avoid the turnovers they can handle NE and the weather.

I think the weather conditions impact the Colts' defense as well. The Indianapolis defense, to the extent that they have one, is built more on speed than size I believe (think Dwight Freeney). A game played on turf is more conducive to their "strength" on defense than is a game played outdoors on grass, much less in bad conditions.

I don't think it has anything to do with the weather. I think it has to do with owning a team, i.e. the Pats own Peyton and his boys. When a team shoots itself in the foot 4 times, it is a sign they are NOT a good team. They shot themselves in the foot 6 times inthe AFC Title game (Manning 4 miserable looking int's, receivers 2 fumbles) too. Hey, you know something. I see a pattern developing. The Colts always seem to make that killer fumble, or that red zone interception, or that missed block to cause a sack or not score on 4th and goal from the 1...hmmmmmmmmmmmm are these coincidences? If it happens everytime they play the Patriots, maybe it has to do with the Patriots? The Colts have lost to the Pats 3 times in the last 12 months. Maybe greatness isn't throwing 6 td passes against the Detroit Lionettes in Week 6 of the NFL season...maybe greatness is playing great and making winning plays in January.

Maybe greatness isn't decided by SportsCenter highlights...

Maybe...

I don't think it has anything to do with the weather. I think it has to do with owning a team, i.e. the Pats own Peyton and his boys. When a team shoots itself in the foot 4 times, it is a sign they are NOT a good team. They shot themselves in the foot 6 times inthe AFC Title game (Manning 4 miserable looking int's, receivers 2 fumbles) too. Hey, you know something. I see a pattern developing. The Colts always seem to make that killer fumble, or that red zone interception, or that missed block to cause a sack or not score on 4th and goal from the 1...hmmmmmmmmmmmm are these coincidences? If it happens everytime they play the Patriots, maybe it has to do with the Patriots?  The Colts have lost to the Pats 3 times in the last 12 months. Maybe greatness isn't throwing 6 td passes against the Detroit Lionettes in Week 6 of the NFL season...maybe greatness is playing great and making winning plays in January.

Maybe...

601425[/snapback]

And maybe, just maybe, this post came from a Pats homer.

I don't think the weather is that important. It is home field that is important in the playoffs. The weather sure is a factor for dome teams. Just look at Bills from the early 90's. 4 straight SB apperances without a win. They would get home field in the playoffs and no fair weather team could beat them. Now just getting to the SB is a different story. Look again at the Bills 4 in a row and no victory, Pats 4 and 2 victories. There is no home field advantage at the SB, you don't always get grass or dome and the Pats have done well against 2 tough teams in the SB.

I don't think Pats fans are more proud of the weather than their team. It just so happens that the road to the Super Bowl was paved through Foxboro in the years the Pats won the Super Bowl. The weather is just another factor any team has to deal with when facing the Pats at home. And the Pats are tough to beat there. Period.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but are you saying that New Englands Offense isn't precise? That their WR's are not expected to run sharp routes to exact spots? What type of Offense does not require these things of their WR's?

601405[/snapback]

Point taken. I guess what I was trying to say is that from what I've seen of the Pats offense (a lot) and the Colts offense (some), the majority of the pass plays that the Pats run, their receivers are literally wide open whereas Manning seems to fit a lot of passes into some tight spots. His accuracy and arm strength allow him to do that, but when the receivers are off just a little, they don't end up where Peyton thinks they will be. Maybe it's a product of the play calling. Not saying the Pats offense is better than Indy's but maybe Charlie Weis makes better adjustments to his gameplan than does Indy's OC. The Pats throw a lot of screens and dump passes that allow the WR to get what he can after the catch.

If the Colts can just avoid the turnovers they can handle NE and the weather.

601405[/snapback]

Hard sayin' not knowin'...when's the last time the Colts avoided the turnovers against the Pats? Football is a funny game...the better team doesn't always win and just because you beat someone last time doesn't mean you'll beat them again. One thing is for sure, though....if Peyton loses to the Pats again, he should consider this season a failure regardless of his personal stats. It's all about the team goals, not the individual stats.

One thing is for sure, though....if Peyton loses to the Pats again, he should consider this season a failure regardless of his personal stats.  It's all about the team goals, not the individual stats.

601648[/snapback]

I agree and I'd bet money so would Peyton.

At the risk of repeating what's already been said, the reason why Pats fans point to the weather when speaking about the Colts is pure and simple - for the most part, the Colts don't play that well on grass when it's cold out . . . it simply doesn't fit their style of play.

Saying this isn't shortchanging the Pats at all, in my opinion, b/c the Pats play well no matter the conditions. The team that plays well under every condition is better than the team that seems to flounder a bit when it gets off the turf and into the colder weather.

You put the Colts against the Pats in a dome and on turf - that's a different story . . . the Pats would have a hard time beating them 50% of the time under those conditions. Too bad that's just not going to happen this year.

I don't think Pats fans are more proud of the weather than their team.  It just so happens that the road to the Super Bowl was paved through Foxboro in the years the Pats won the Super Bowl.  The weather is just another factor any team has to deal with when facing the Pats at home.  And the Pats are tough to beat there.  Period.

601628[/snapback]

Paved through Foxboro?

2001 AFC Championship game was at Pittsburgh.

That year, they beat the Raiders in the snow at home, beat Pitt on the road, and beat the Rams on the turf in the Superdome.

Yes I will say it again that beating the chiefs in January or any other month is NOTHING SPECIAL!!!  News Flash.....Chiefs SUCK.....I will give you credit and take back the Colts Suck comment ....they are just not  That GOOD!!!.....They do not win when it TRUELY COUNTS ie against the Pats or lets just say PITT!!! 

Now Bill must you call others names for thier opinions!!!  I am Not a Complete Moron .....only a partial one!!!  And thank you I do have a nice LIFE!!!!! :D

601710[/snapback]

Reading these posts is nothing special either. They hyave professionsls than can help you with these problems you have.

And maybe, just maybe, this post came from a Pats homer.

601435[/snapback]

Yes I'm a Pats homer. I've been a season ticket holder since the Dick MacPhearson days. So I've seen plenty of bad years to go with these last few great years and from the looks of it, many more to come. I'm *** proud to be a fan of the next dynasty to go in the books.

I guess the first step is just admitting it. :D

Maybe greatness isn't throwing 6 td passes against the Detroit Lionettes in Week 6 of the NFL season...maybe greatness is playing great and making winning plays in January.

Maybe...

601425[/snapback]

AMEN FINGER!!!!!!!

Not to mention that football WAS and IS to be played OUTDOORS!

BTW- How many "dome" football teams have won the superbowl?

Things that make you say Hummmmmmmmm!

Dont get me wrong, I do like the Pat's, but I have a funny feeling in my tummy about this weeks game in NE. I think Cin and Palmer may air it out. The question is will a banged up NE defense stop Palmer or will Palmer pick on T. Brown. And will the Cinsy secondary be able to defend against the million receivers NE has. Could be high scoring...but I think it will come down to a field goal in the final seconds and Graham will put it through from 49yrds.

Oh yeah these mushrooms are prrrrrrrrrreetttty darn good. :D

But actually I do feel an upset in the making.

I am on record for not being a fan of the Patriots.

The Patriots are simply a very good team. Poor weather works in their favor as well for a couple of reasons. I think for the Patriots poor weather conditions is to them as "Bulletin Board Material" is to other teams. It is simply another tool they have to get them hyped up for a game.

As it is, they are good enough to beat any team in the league under any conditions as indicated by their success over the past few years (including my steelers). Throw into the mix a snow covered field that a lot of teams dont play on in their own stadiums they have yet another advantage.

Regardless of the weather, until someone knocks them out of the playoffs they are the Champs.

I am just looking forward to the playoffs for the AFC. It is going to be very exciting this year. There are 4 teams that could come out of the AFC this year and go to the show. Naturally I hope it is the Steelers but wouldnt be shocked to see the Patriots, Colts or Chargers go either.

I am just looking forward to the playoffs for the AFC.  It is going to be very exciting this year.  There are 4 teams that could come out of the AFC this year and go to the show.  Naturally I hope it is the Steelers but wouldnt be shocked to see the Patriots, Colts or Chargers go either.

602660[/snapback]

I agree. I think it's gonna be one hell of a show :D