[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Brown debacle

circlejerks

Our league has a 11:00 deadline to post your players on Sunday morning... so the last few weeks I have played Brown and then Smith started and the next week I played Smith and then Brown started... here is what I am thinking.....

Instead of going through that mess again, I was thinking of not playing either one and playing Maurice Hicks against the weak defense of Arizona ....

Am I crazy ? TD league only ... only yardage points is for over 100 yards ....

HELP ME PLEASE !!

well, you're certainly not crazy to want to stay far away from the Brown/Smith dilemma.

I must say I'm not a big fan of that deadline, especially if it's 11 eastern time. Seems almost like it's specifically planned so you can't hear any updates on who's starting, and I don't see what's wrong with that. not the question I guess.

anyhoo, no you're not crazy. I think Hicks could be pretty good. Arizona was the team that gave up 3 Tds to Goings a few weeks ago. just out of curiosity, do you have any other options? what I'm just starting to realize against Hicks is that Dorsey is playing QB, which means "heck, throw 9 men in the box"

Brown's a huge risk that you would be wise to avoid if you can.

not crazy at all. unless you've heard 100% confirmation that Brown (or Smith) is starting, I'd play Hicks. Even if Brown IS playing, it's likely that he'll be limited.

I would go with Brown. Go read some of the recent posts on this board about Hicks, and you'll see he's not a great start. According to what I read (I haven't confirmed this), Zona has only given up 1 rushing TD at home this year. And SF will be struggling w/o Rattay. And Zona's D is better at home than away. Etc., etc. Personally, I'd go with Brown, but I can understand why you might want to hedge your bet with Hicks. I wouldn't do it, though.

I dont have much other options.... so you dont think I should risk playing Brown on Monday night at all ? 

Our deadline is 11:00 central time 12:00 Eastern time... one hour before first game ...

601431[/snapback]

I wouldn't do it.

"Chris Brown is unlikely to practice again this week because of his turf toe.

'It is unlikely that he will practice much this week,' coach Jeff Fisher said, 'but he fully intends to give it a shot on Monday night.' It will be tough for fantasy owners to play Brown on Monday night unless they have Antowain Smith available."

Call me crazy, but I'd rather hang my hat on a guy who I know is starting (and actually hasn't been bad in the time he's seen) over someone who "intends to give it a shot on Monday night." If you put Brown in your lineup and he doesn't play, you'll be kicking yourself.

I wouldn't do it.

"Chris Brown is unlikely to practice again this week because of his turf toe.

'It is unlikely that he will practice much this week,' coach Jeff Fisher said, 'but he fully intends to give it a shot on Monday night.' It will be tough for fantasy owners to play Brown on Monday night unless they have Antowain Smith available."

Call me crazy, but I'd rather hang my hat on a guy who I know is starting (and actually hasn't been bad in the time he's seen) over someone who "intends to give it a shot on Monday night."  If you put Brown in your lineup and he doesn't play, you'll be kicking yourself.

601638[/snapback]

I agree with this. The ONLY way I play a Tenn RB is if you hear Brown is out. Otherwise I wouldn't start either. If you start Brown because you hear he's playing he could very well get hurt again and leave early. If Brown is 100% out, and I don't think you'll hear that by Sunday, then start Smith. With that said go Hicks.

I'm not playing Brown this week. I think the big issue for you is that you are VERY TD heavy. Brown has never been good on a one yard gain, I think at one time in the season he was something like 1-8 in third and one conversions. So, you are banking on him staying healthy enough to hit a C-note, and score on a bad wheel from a longer distance.

Especially given your format, I would be very hesitant to start Brown. I would play Hicks if I were you. Good luck, I know that a brutal situation either way.

I just asked the same question in another forum.

I am in the same position. I was going to start Brown no matter what, but with the priest announcement, I dropped him and picked up Hicks. (I have blaylock, so the losing priest hurts, but not that bad)

after reading all this info, I may start Blaylock and Hicks.

Thanks for answering my post. I too have Brown and I plan on rolling the dice and starting him, but my options are less than yours are with Hicks.

If you're staying on the safe side to get some given points, I guess go with Hicks. But Arizona will know that he has to get the workload given the QB situation and they'll plan for it.

If you're willing to gamble a bit, Brown may have more upside though, given Kansas City is the opposing defense and the Titans are a better team than the Niners. Brown also had decent #'s last week, a bitover 100 yards, as well w/o playing a full game.

Hicks would be safer I guess, I just don't like his situation this week w/o a QB.