[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's up with the Ratings (answer NOT on FAQ)

Why do I see the ratings for some people but not others?

I am not talking about those individuals that have turned off the ability to be rated ... but once somebody has been rated why doesn't their rating show up?

If I had to guess .... the person rated has to log off and back in so that the rating can be calculated?

It will show up in any new post they make. In the old topics (prior to being rated) they will only show up if that topic has been replied to since the rating (thus updating the dynamic components of the topic).

I had the same question, and Whitney's response doesn't provide the answer.

According to my profile, I've been rated once, by someone who was kind enough to give me one star (d'oh!). I intiially assumed that my wife snuck on here and was rating my member, but after severe questioning I'm convinced that this is not the case.

Either way, my rating does not show up in subsequent posts made by me...at least not to my eyes, maybe Blitz' explanation covers it, but I don't think so because I don't see a rating for Blitz either and I'm assuming he has been rated which is what led to him asking the question.

I'm also curious as to the thought process behind adding an anonymous rating scheme as a new feature.

Ah, found it. There is an option to only allow the display of "top-rated" members which is currently on. My guess is that you will only see those rankings that average out to 4 or 5 stars.