[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Player Rankings...

Guest Colonel

Guest Colonel

David and/or Whitney,

A few years ago we were able to click on a players name and it linked us to a brief description about why you were projecting that player as you were.

Can we expect a similar feature this year?

I ask this because a few of your rankings are questionable to say the least and I'd be curious to see why you ranked them as you did. Manning #5, Brooks #8, TDavis - SDavis - RWilliams none in the top 16? too name a few.

Thanks a bunch.

David and I are still thinking on that one. We plan to provide player "profiles" but have not decided on how to present them. I can tell you that we will continue with the ranking movement analysis that we did last season (explaining why players are moving).

Originally posted by Colonel:

I ask this because a few of your rankings are questionable to say the least and I'd be curious to see why you ranked them as you did.  Manning #5, Brooks #8, TDavis - SDavis - RWilliams none in the top 16?  too name a few.

Thanks a bunch.

I'd like to hear about these particular rankings as well...

One more vote for ranking explanations - e.g., I personally would never have Ricky Williams that low, but on the other hand I know you guys have some semblance of a clue. I'm not gonna' adjust my rankings just 'cause you guys have him lower, unless you offer sound reasoning and some points I hadn't considered.

In other words, for those of us who do our own rankings, and I gotta' believe that constitutes the substantial majority, having thehuddle's rankings available offers little to no assiatnce without some kind of backup reasoning.

Guest Colonel

Thanks Whitney

It's nice to have an explanation instead of just a players name and a number.

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: Colonel ]

Guest rhino
Originally posted by Colonel:

David and/or Whitney,

A few years ago we were able to click on a players name and it linked us to a brief description about why you were projecting that player as you were.

Can we expect a similar feature this year?

I ask this because a few of your rankings are questionable to say the least and I'd be curious to see why you ranked them as you did.  Manning #5, Brooks #8, TDavis - SDavis - RWilliams none in the top 16?  too name a few.

Thanks a bunch.

Ditto. I found the extra 'player profile' VERY HELPFUL 2 years ago, and missed it last year. I hate to sound redundant, but I'm voicing my desire to see that feature return -- not just 'player movement' justification.

ps - about to post this as a new thread, but Colonel beat me to it.