[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Tiki Barber no longer a must-start?

Dr. Rock

I can't believe I'm asking that after how he carried more than one of my teams (and I'm a Giants homer) for so much of the season. But with the way the Giants O has looked lately, and especially against the Ravens D this week, is it no longer ludicrous to consider benching Tiki if you have another good option (Pittman or Goings in my case)?

It's amazing how quickly things can change in the NFL, isn't it?

Edited by Dr. Rock

Tiki is no longer a must-start, especially against Ds like Baltimore's. With Eli under center, opposing Ds are finding it very easy to focus on the only Giant capable of doing anything on offense - Tiki. He's been getting pummeled.

What the heck was Coughlin thinking putting starting Eli in the first place? That team was right in the middle of the playoff hunt (actually in the lead). The 'Boys were in a worse situation than NY and Parcells stuck with his guy and now they're right back in the race (sort of). :D

At least Tiki was good enough to get me to the playoffs with a first round bye. Now I have to choose between him, DD, Chris Brown, and Pittman. I hate the Manning brothers! Last year Peyton knocked me out of the playoffs and this year Eli is heading toward the same conclusion with his erratic play ruining the statistics of Tiki.

It doesn't look like Tiki will be very useful until week 16(cincy).  They have Pit next week.  Week 16 will probably be too late for many teams he helped get to the playoffs.

602482[/snapback]

I have a first round bye and then win or lose I play for first or third in week 16. Looks like a pretty good matchup. Hell, maybe Eli will start producing by then- over 100 yards passing!!

What the heck was Coughlin thinking putting starting Eli in the first place?  That team was right in the middle of the playoff hunt (actually in the lead).  The 'Boys were in a worse situation than NY and Parcells stuck with his guy and now they're right back in the race (sort of).  :D

602381[/snapback]

Amen Brother!!! But to answer the question I have Tiki, Alexander and Goings and I can tell you that Tiki is the odd man out this week and most likely next week. I just can't see starting him against two of the toughest defenses if you have the option of Goings against St.Louis...