[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN B.S.

TheCMB

Would you copy and paste the Huddle's pay content to another message board?

602282[/snapback]

I refuse to answer that on the grounds that I might incriminate myself...but I would copy & paste it to e-mail it to one of my friends, which is what I was trying to do with a certain ESPN article.

I don't think most of their pay sh_t should be pay in the 1st place - and they're Oprahking up their website with so much pop-up kind of crap that gunks up the site, even though I have a blocker.

Besides that, they should give us the stuff for free as compensation for suffering thru Theisman and Maguire on Sunday nights.

602289[/snapback]

Not only that, but ESPN is part of huge conglomerate money machine that has found a way to soak us fo every buck we're worth in addition to the tremendous advertising revenue they receive for us watching their content and visiting their website. The Huddle is soley dependant on the subscription format to survive. ESPN is just making us pay for information they as "the sports leader" should be providing. Just my opinion.

Edited by rattsass

I think the entire American public should be able to access the all-encompassing knowledge of Hector and Victor without paying.

And those advertisements on the site are so f***ing annoying. I have also found it impossible to find a score quickly. That's why The Huddle is great. Everything is easily accessible.

How about highlighting the text you want to copy, then press 'Control' and 'C' keys together, then in the email hit 'Control' and 'V' keys?

I have a web site where I have to enter my work time, and I have to do this to copy my time entry report to my email or other document (highlighting the text then right-clicking and selecting 'Copy' will not wok, I get a copyright error...sounds like what you are getting)

Just a thought for you....if you already tried that and it did not work then I will shut up and mind my business.

might be a pain, but if you hook up your fax utility on the computer, and direct your print command to the fax, you can fax it to your friend. sort of convoluted but it is worth a try if you really need to send something. Or you can fax it yourself, save it on the harddrive as an image and then attach it to the email.

Unless I am missing something, that won't work.  Shift print screen says the screen as an image, doesn't it?

602650[/snapback]

Yeah, it'll save it as an image. But if you have access to a page wher you can stick the file or display it then you can link people to it. I know it's a pain, but it's an option.

I refuse to answer that on the grounds that I might incriminate myself...but I would copy & paste it to e-mail it to one of my friends, which is what I was trying to do with a certain ESPN article.

I don't think most of their pay sh_t should be pay in the 1st place - and they're Oprahking up their website with so much pop-up kind of crap that gunks up the site, even though I have a blocker.

602286[/snapback]

I assume that you are paying for the right to get to the ESPN Stuff that you're friend needs or wants. Am I correct?

If so shouldn't you be more upset with your friend for taking advantage of you by accepting stuff from you for free that you had to pay to get in the first place? :D

Plus if their site is so unfair and mediocre at best then why keep paying for it?

I stopped using espn 2 years ago. It really bothered me that even though I paid for the site, I was continuously bombarded with pop-ups.

That is just another reason I think the Huddle is a class act.

In this age of marketing uber-alle, it's nice to find some integrity.

Thanks.

Agree 100%

602480[/snapback]

In defense of ESPN.....they are trying to be a super huge all encompassing, world dominating company.......wouldn't you want to be ? I'm sure the Huddle would like to someday claim world domination....they already do with regard to fantasy.

However, I do HATE the fact that you have to pay for "insider" info on ESPN, especially with this new "Extra" feature that you must pay for after the "insider" is paid for I believe......

The one good thing for me ? They pay my wife a TON of money and I get free memberships to all the online stuff.......But, trust me Hec and Vic have nothing on this website !!! However, I do like Eric Karabell's stuff.

Can't wait for the ESPN Xmas party !!!! I'll take pics for you guys !

:D

How about highlighting the text you want to copy, then press 'Control'  and 'C' keys together, then in the email hit 'Control' and 'V' keys?

I have a web site where I have to enter my work time, and I have to do this to copy my time entry report to my email or other document (highlighting the text then right-clicking and selecting 'Copy' will not wok, I get a copyright error...sounds like what you are getting)

Just a thought for you....if you already tried that and it did not work then I will shut up and mind my business.

602751[/snapback]

And if that doesn't work, try file/save as/web page complete. Then you'll have it locally and could possibly copy and paste from there, or zip it and e-mail the whole page.

I could never copy and paste ESPN Insider at my work computer(PC), but at home on my MAC I can usually get it. Have to check tonight and make sure it still works. This is my second year using Insider and feel it's been pretty average info I doubt I'll get it again for next year.

Besides that, they should give us the stuff for free as compensation for suffering thru Theisman and Maguire on Sunday nights.

602289[/snapback]

:D

I gave up on the espn website this year when I joined part of it, only to find they have various levels of membership and certain features are still off limits to the paying members. Bah. Rather be here. :D

How about paying for the content or not looking at it :D

603361[/snapback]

:D Well thats one way to look at it, but I personally feel that we all pay enough for ESPN's services through the skyrocket rate's they charge Cable and DBS providers to carry their programing. Everytime ESPN raise's the programing cost's it gets passed right along to us whether you realize it or not.

They seem more and more like a EMPIRE and rightfully so, but in turn deserve to have it stuck to them for sucking every penny out of sports fans.