[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Tice Planning ahead?

MikesVikes

Here is what is in the Star Tribune this morning. Looks like Tice is building his resume...

Questions about coaching vacancies continued Wednesday during Tice's conference call with members of the Seattle media. Because Tice played 10 of his 14 NFL seasons in Seattle and still has a home there, he was asked if the University of Washington head coaching vacancy would be among the openings that could lure him to the college ranks for the first time.

"Certainly, [Washington] would be one of those," Tice said. "I feel I gave you enough ammo right there to read between the lines, as they say. Who wouldn't want to come home?

"Wouldn't it be a lifelong dream to be able to work in the city where my two children were born? But I have a job here, and I'm under contract until Jan. 31, and I want to finish the job I started here."

He plans ahead for his career, but not on draft day.

Mebbe he learned a lesson....

602776[/snapback]

The Vikings have had good drafts the last two years. I've seen a list of all the defensive players that have been drafted before that and that is not good. I'd take Udeze and Kevin Williams over any defenders drafted in the last 10 years.

Day 1 Defensive Picks since 1995:

D. Alexander

O. Thomas

Fuller

Clemons

Manley

Rudd

T. Gray

Colinet

Wong

McDonald

Underwood

Hovan

Robbins

Boireau

Howard

E. Kelly

R. Smith

Offord

K. Williams

EJ Henderson

Udeze

D. Thomas

D. Scott

Does anybody know any of these clowns? Some of them are still in the league at best.

So when he said he wanted to finish the job he started he didn't mean winning the SB but meant "finishing his contract". Nice guy.

Let me add-Bud Grant would be proud.

602894[/snapback]

I don't fault Tice here. McCombs has been jerking around with Tice and his contract for the last 2 years. My guess is this is a subtle jab back at Red.

As a UW alum, I would say DEAR GOD NO.

Mostly, this is all media speculation, as the story indicates. The Seahawks play the Vikings this week. The UW keeps getting turned down by all the supposedly available coaches. Everyone is getting impatient. Anyone with Seattle ties in football is getting mentioned as a candidate....Tice, Linehan, Mora, Erickson, etc....pretty much anyone but Holmgren and Neuheisal.