[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Jets Sig Line Bet

Menudo

So, here is the new sig line I'm sporting! :D I just don't believe a word of it. Not trying to be a sore loser, but I was unimpressed with Big Ben and his team. The Jets played the sloppiest game I've seen them in all year, and it was a tight game through 3 quarters. 12 penalties in the first half, at least two were awful calls (the first D pass interferance on Buckley which led to the FG, and the holding call on Becht on Jordan's long run that killed a very successful drive into the red zone).

The TD pass from Bettis was a brilliant call.... the Steelers I dont believe could have scored there without a trick play. The Jets outgained the Steelers and it was one of those games that the Jets beat themselves.

Should the Jets make the palyoffs, I would rather play the Steelrs before NE or Indy. The Pitt D is more than solid, but I dont think they have the offense to take it to the house. But, good teams find a way to win, and as ugly as it was, they won. So, congrats to the Steeler fans.... I hope we can get a rematch in the playoffs! :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least two were awful calls (the first D pass interferance on Buckley which led to the FG, and the holding call on Becht on Jordan's long run that killed a very successful drive into the red zone).

607629[/snapback]

If you've got a tape of the game, check it again. I think they just called the wrong number. There was an obvious hold, where the pulling guard or the WR grabs hold of the Steeler defender and spins him. It was the guy to Becht's left. I saw it immediately and new it was coming back. Becht did not hold on that play, but there was an obvious hold in that play. FYI.

Tough loss for the Jets. There were some questionable calls, and I was rooting for the Jets (for home field advantage purposes). Sloppy game, you are right.

Edited by CaptainHook

I agree with that 100% CH. And that is not becuase I am a Steeler homer. I saw it right as the play happened.

As far as questionable calls. I think there are always "questionable" calls. It's a matter of how ref is going to call it and you have to play by the way he is calling them. I didn't see anything that I thought was really bad. I did see a few close ones but I personally like to call them tight.

BTW - sigline looks good Rovers. :D

OK, Thanks, Hook.... I KNOW Becht didnt hold, but they did call it on him. The Steelers were without Burress, but the Jets were without Abraham. Even when I accepted the sig line bet, I didnt think the Jets could win at Heinz.... now, I know they can win there. Add the fact that Pennington's arm is still not as strong as it was before the injury, in a rematch he should be back at full strength. But, the Jets have other buisness to take care of before we can talk playoffs!

Ugh!!! I hate sporting this sig.

Tight game through 3 quarters, then the Steelers handed us our lunch. Jets dominated the second quarter in similar fashion, but came away with little to show for it 'cause they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. Wasn't there one other ticky tack call that nullified Ward's fumble?

If this was a measuring stick game, Jets came up short. Not sure if the interceptions were due to pennington's not yet having his arm back as Rovers suggests. I continue to think the Steelers can be beat with a strong downfield passing game, we just gotta' get one. I did think McCareins was gonna' catch whatever was thrown at him, and we shoulda' given him more opportunities.

Gotta run to a meeting, check back later. Please, no poetry.

Yes, I can spell Pittsbug. er....Pittsburg. Winning the sig line wasn't enough for ya!? Too funny! :D To change it now would be bad form. If you don't like the sig line, don't read it! I don't! :D

I still think the Jets lost, as opposed to the ridiculous notion that the Steelers outplayed them. Hook was wrong about the holding call, it WAS thrown on Becht, who did not hold. What's more, that flag was thrown by a Bill Smith, #2, a back judge from almost 30 yards away. When the refs weren't screwing the Jets, the Jets did it to themseles, as Easy said, for instance the penalty that nullified the Ward fumble. The first of the 2 pass interference calls on Buckley was bogus as well.

Even though the Steelers never sacked Pennington, he played his second worst game as a pro, but the game was still anyone's in the 4th quarter. The Jets simply made too many self imposed mistakes and had a lot of ref homer calls to deal with. I am not willing to say that the Steelers are a better team.... they were on Sunday because they did not make the unforced mistakes the Jets made. I would like to see a rematch.

Now, maybe I'll go edit my sig line and make a few more typos, just to keep you "Pittsburg" homers happy! :DB):D

Hook was wrong about the holding call, it WAS thrown on Becht, who did not hold. What's more, that flag was thrown by a Bill Smith, #2, a back judge from almost 30 yards away.

608078[/snapback]

That was not what I said. The holding call WAS called on Becht. I'm just saying I think the officials said the hold was on him, when it was really somebody else. Becht was called out for somebody else's hold. There was a clear hold on that play.

Edited by CaptainHook

Yes, I can spell Pittsbug. er....Pittsburg. Winning the sig line wasn't enough for ya!? Too funny!  To change it now would be bad form. If you don't like the sig line, don't read it! I don't! 

Umm.... That's kinda the point of the sigline: So I can read it and laugh at your dumbass for thinking the Jets could beat the Steelers. So intentionally leaving misspelled words in there is bush league. But that seems appropriate coming from you.

I still think the Jets lost, as opposed to the ridiculous notion that the Steelers outplayed them.

608078[/snapback]

"Ridiculous" is a little strong don't you think? Did the Jets ever make it into the redzone yesterday? It was close on the scoreboard, but it's not like the Jets were controlling any aspect of the game.

And consider that the Steelers had a TON of penalties against Jax, but were able to overcome them for the win.... that's what good teams do... win games. Stupid, crybaby fans whine about calls and blame the officals when their teams get beat down.

The funny thing is the morans complaining about a typo or mispelling werent involved in the sig line bet.... I guess they think they could wait on the sidelines and after the play and the whistle, jump on the pile!  :D  Funny stuff!  :D

608141[/snapback]

Yeah, I missed the sigline bet. And yeah, I am hitting the pile late. Tip to guys standing around the pile after the play--bring your dictionary and keep your head on a swivel. :D:DB)

Yeah, I missed the sigline bet. And yeah, I am hitting the pile late. Tip to guys standing around the pile after the play--bring your dictionary and keep your head on a swivel.  B)  :D  :D

608183[/snapback]

That's right...keep the head on a swivel because you might just "realise" it's fun to pile on a JETS fan after a convincing loss! :D

All mispellings corrected, I believe. I'd have left 'em in there if they were Menudo's, but they're not. I just did a copy/paste from Rovers myself, so lay it all off on him (guy laying underneath pile tries to slink off and leave his buddy to fend for himself).

My assessment of the game differs from Rovers - I did think the Steelers outplayed the Jets yesterday. Neither team was effective on offense, but the Steelers at least got a little something going with Bettis in the fourth quarter. Jets couldn't sustain anything - rushing game had occasional flashes, but nothing to give you the confidence that the Jets can score without the passing game making a significant contribution, and right now no Jets' QB has gone over 200 yards in a game since mid-October. The tools are there, and I'm not saying we can't beat the Steelers, but I think we'd need a couple bounces to go our way in order for that to happen, whereas I would not say the same from Pittsburgh's perspective.

OK, now don't you Steeler fans go all into a tither here, I just wanna' know for curiosity's sake because I cannot remember - what was the call that negated Hines Ward's fumble? Was it an illegal contact after 5 yards call?

I'll take your word for it that someone other than Becht held on that play, although I did not see it. Kinda' curious that someone said it was a player to Becht's left who held since Becht was lined up on the left side as a tight end - means it musta' been a WR or maybe a pulling offensive lineman who got outside.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

I'll take your word for it that someone other than Becht held on that play, although I did not see it.  Kinda' curious that someone said it was a player to Becht's left who held since Becht was lined up on the left side as a tight end - means it musta' been a WR or maybe a pulling offensive lineman who got outside.

608269[/snapback]

There was an obvious hold, where the pulling guard or the WR grabs hold of the Steeler defender and spins him.  It was the guy to Becht's left.

607637[/snapback]

I am fairly certain it was a WR who held. However, since they only replayed the Becht camera angle (where he did not hold), I did not see it again. On the original play, in real time, I called out the hold as soon as it happened. It was so obvious.

The call that negated the Ward fumble was indeed illegal contact. It was not a great call, but it is a call I have seen several times this year. DB's just haven't got it through their thick skulls that refs are going to call a jam outside of 5 yards. I hope Pittsburgh fans remember how much they liked that call, in case the Colts come to town. The Colts have been getting that call a lot.

Edited by CaptainHook

The funny thing is the morans complaining about a typo or mispelling werent involved in the sig line bet.... I guess they think they could wait on the sidelines and after the play and the whistle, jump on the pile!  :D  Funny stuff!  :D

608141[/snapback]

You calling me a moran, ya little newbie beyatch?

You calling me a moran, ya little newbie beyatch?

608309[/snapback]

That would be correct, oh mighty gay one, although there is nothing wrong with that! :D

I will go make the corrections in the sig line, since Steeler WAS involved. Steeler, no, I did not think the Jets could win at Heinz before yesterday..... I had to step up when menudo called out Jet fans though. I do think the Jets can win there now if they play the way they usually do, which is almost mistake free football. That doesnt mean they will, but I know now that they can.

My mispellings were honest mistakes, done at 2am after a day of football and brewskies. So, it wasn't until a moran or two piped up, that I went and intentionally added mispellings, just for the benefit of the morans.... not aimed at those I had the bet with, so, sure, it would be bush league if I left them in there.

I'll correct them now. I didnt waste any time in putting the sig line up, a bet is a bet, and I honor them. Steeler, Skippy, Menudo, congrats on another Steeler win!