[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Brown - Update

MrTed46

Sportsline:

According to the Nashville Tennessean, Titans running back

Chris Brown (toe) did not practice on Thursday but said he

is improving and expects to play against the Chiefs in Week

14 on Monday Night Football.

It takes a pretty bad injury for a player to miss a game on

Monday night so owners can expect to see Brown on the field.

He is an attractive starter against a poor Kansas City

defense.

This is from Sportsline. I hope its true cuz I need him and McNair.

Other injuries: Running back Chris Brown (toe), defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (elbow), tackle Fred Miller (ankle), defensive tackle Rien Long (knee) and linebacker Cody Spencer (abdomen) did not practice.

Cornerback Rich Gardner (toe) was limited. Linebacker Rocky Boiman (knee) did some running.

Brown said he is improving and expects to play Monday.

link

The question is not if he'll play, I think we all know he will, but rather how long he will last in the game.  I dropped him this week to prepare for the playoffs.  He's too risky to start with confidence.

603278[/snapback]

Excellent point. How many games has this guy either missed or been unable to finish this year?

I know he left the Miami game at halftime. He barely played into the third quarter last week against Indianapolis. I know there were others. . .

He missed games at Jacksonville and at Houston.

This kind of stuff is killing me.

Because of it being a late game, and too late to insert anyone else pre-game, I am sitting Brown and playing O. Smith.

These positive reports are driving me nuts.

603336[/snapback]

Aren't they the same "positive" reports we heard last week? And look what happened. You are making the right choice. . .

he hates being labeled as injury-prone, so he keeps trying to gut it out.

603522[/snapback]

TOO LATE!!!

Also, I think they're trying to get him to 1000 yards... if he reaches that point, I think there's a better chance that they shut him down the rest of the way.

603522[/snapback]

Are you serious? What does 1000 yards have to do with anything?

Edited by CaptainHook

Aren't they the same "positive" reports we heard last week?  And look what happened.  You are making the right choice. . .

603343[/snapback]

I agree. For the last couple of weeks we've also heard positive reports on Randy Moss, and look what he's done...virtually nothing. I don't think his toe that kept him out for weeks and was bad enough that he couldn't finish last week, mysteriously got drastically better over the last few days.

Players get paid for performance.  Are you new to football?  just curious.

603875[/snapback]

Only if they have incentive clauses in their contracts. Just so you know, third round draft picks, which Brown is, don't get those kind of clauses in their contracts. Are you new to PRO football?

Everything I have heard locally indicates that Brown will play. That said, it think it is insane to play him if there is any chance he can do more damage to the toe. As a ff owner, I would look for other options because even if he plays, he could go out at any time..

Would you Blaylock over Chris Brown? Brown could go out at any time and LJ could take over for Derrick at any time.

The Chris Brown owner in my league has indicated that he's going to drop him on Sunday (no roster space and he's in a must win sitaution). I have Blaylock, but could probably scoop up Brown in his place (also no room to carry both) hmmm.

Would you Blaylock over Chris Brown? Brown could go out at any time and LJ could take over for Derrick at any time.

The Chris Brown owner in my league has indicated that he's going to drop him on Sunday (no roster space and he's in a must win sitaution). I have Blaylock, but could probably scoop up Brown in his place (also no room to carry both) hmmm.

604120[/snapback]

I would start Brown over Blaylock..

Brown IMO will play----McNair will probably start and the ICU ward at Tennessee will be full post Sunday's game....why...who knows....I have Brown and plan on keeping him in my keeper league....as an owner I just have to "toe(w) the line!! :D

Titans | Brown Sits Out Practice, Questionable for Week 14 - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:20:54 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans RB Chris Brown (toe) did not practice Friday, Dec. 10, and is questionable for Week 14. Brown is not expected to play.

Edited by Hitman

Only if they have incentive clauses in their contracts. Just so you know, third round draft picks, which Brown is, don't get those kind of clauses in their contracts.

Right, I guess you can be the best RB in the universe, but if you sit out every other game it doesn't effect your wallet? Thanks for clearing that up for me, it was a real big 'help'.