[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BIGGEST Fantasy BUST this year?

Potman

Santana Moss was awful.This guy has done better than those guys but considering I took him with the 3rd overall pick I think Ahman green was a bust..With the exception of a few games hes gotten lost on me when I needed him.

Michael Vick - was projected as a top 5 fantasy QB this year. Although is it really a bust or just not smart ranking when he has never done anything to deserve that high of a ranking.

Clinton Portis - a definite first round pick in almost all leagues with only 5 TD's.

1. S. Moss -- simply because there was no foreseeable reason why his numbers would fall this badly.

2. K. Barlow -- could have seen this coming, but he's still been atrocious.

3. T. Henry -- O-line play was awful and still is (McGahee is averaging only 3.8 ypc), but Henry did not come close to justifying his draft position.

4. P. Price -- wasn't drafted high, but there aren't any words to describe how bad his numbers are this year.

5. L. Coles -- similar to Price, but Coles has been leading the league in pass targets all year and has only caught half of them for an 11.3-yard average.

No shortage of them this year. Excluding guys who missed more than a game or two with injuries, I would say the top 5 (in no particular order) are:

Amani Toomer

Peerless Price (wasn't a healthy Vick supposed to turn him back into a legitimate WR?)

Kevan Barlow

Travis Henry

Matt Hasselbeck

Santana Moss (yes I know this is 6, but I just could not leave him off the list)

Edit: Sorry Swiss, must've missed your post as I was typing...see we agree on 4 of them. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

Who's your vote for biggest bust this year? Here are my top 3:

S.Moss - had 2 big games and that's it

C.Portis - 5 TD's?

A.Toomer - not a single TD all year.

603878[/snapback]

S.Moss ... yup.

C.Portis ... yup.

A.Toomer ... not really a bust in my mind. With the whole Warner/Eli Manning thing going on you had to be reserved about Toomer expectations.

Clearly have to add T Henry to that list.

603881[/snapback]

Again with McGahee coming on strong you had to have reservations about drafting Henry ... I certainly did ... and he was taken before I would have drafted him in every single draft. Not a bust.

If you're in a keeper league, can there be a bigger bust than Ricky Williams?

603883[/snapback]

True.

S Moss, L Coles

603886[/snapback]

True. Although with Gibbs going to WAS you had to figure Coles would suffer.

5 posts and no Kevin Barlow?

603887[/snapback]

With the wholesale changes in the SF offense you were pretty naive if you believed that Barlow would perform like he did last year. Not a bust.

Hamstring or no hamstring, I vote Randy Moss.

603891[/snapback]

True.

Faulk?

McNair?

603896[/snapback]

When St. Louis traded up to get Jackson and given Faulk's decline in the last several years you should have had tempered expectations. I happily drafted Jackson in one of my keeper leagues for just that reason ... I also drafted him in my redraft league because I felt like by season's end Jackson would be the man. Not a bust.

McNair .. yup.

Michael Vick - was projected as a top 5 fantasy QB this year. Although is it really a bust or just not smart ranking when he has never done anything to deserve that high of a ranking.

603906[/snapback]

Only if you bought into the Vick hype ... which I have never done. Over rated.

travis henry and steven davis...

603955[/snapback]

Steven Davis ... who really expected him to have a healthy season? Who really expected him to hold Foster off? Not a bust.

Jamal Lewis

603964[/snapback]

Yup ... although after the number of carries he had last year and his pending legal issues you should have been wary.

Duece Mcallister?

604002[/snapback]

Yup.

4. P. Price -- wasn't drafted high, but there aren't any words to describe how bad his numbers are this year.

604013[/snapback]

:D yeah right ... Price has never been anything since leaving Buffalo. Vick is overrated but Price even more so.

All good choices, Randy Moss for how high most drafted him and the fact he has done nothing for about 5 weeks or so now. Santana Moss because he has done crap after a phenominal season last year. Portis-- see R. Moss, but he's been healthy and put up very average numbers.

Henry and Toomer-- I think people had dropped them on many draft lists anyway so while they are certainly disappointments this season, it was just more expected in general.

Edited by TDFFFreak